Why do you cheat/exploit?

Join Discord

Darkans

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2011
I feel as though 90% of the posts here are false, too often do you see people saying "but I only cheated for an hour" or "I only tried it once" it's ridiculous. Personally I can tell you that I've used a lot of hacks & exe's over the years with my main objective being speed, when I was younger we couldn't afford to upgrade my PC so I used ult's speeder for a while & Mirlander before that, that's how it started for me. Along the lines I've used numerous bots, client modifications but I always end up back with the speeders purely because it's infuriating being killed by someone just because they have a better computer/access to hacks.

As it stands currently I haven't used any in a few years because I can afford a rather top notch computer, I'm at the point of speed where the difference between myself & faster people is minimal. I've also realised as I've gotten older that cheats can ruin the experience for many other people & even get servers closed in a lot of cases so I do the best I can to use my experience with all the different cheat clients to catch them these days as opposed to testing them for my own benefit.

To be better than others is the main reason I've found that people cheat, I know numerous people who cheat/have cheated & that is the reason 99% of the time but occasionally you get the people that have no interest in playing the game properly they just want to see what is possible with it through cheats & they enjoy all the crying that people do when they kill them.

At no point did I consider the consequences of my actions, the only time I've had an account banned was when I actually wasn't cheating I was just fast, during GamePot's wave of bans when the USA server first opened because GameGuard used to register everything externally as a cheat program like MSN, WMP etc. It wouldn't of bothered me if I did get caught & banned because I still had an amazing amount of fun whilst playing regardless of the time/items lost.

Last edited:

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
if the GM pisses me off, or the server is a waste of peoples time i will exploit on it. Cheats, ive only ever used these to test them out, i use leet tweaks so dnt need the speed cheats neways x

oato

LOMCN n00bie
Jun 27, 2011
if the GM pisses me off, or the server is a waste of peoples time i will exploit on it. Cheats, ive only ever used these to test them out, i use leet tweaks so dnt need the speed cheats neways x

Dont lie todd u cheat on all servers u batty
love / avicii

Aidon_Lee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2012
Can probs say that a good percentage of current mir players have cheated in the past.
They see people speeding about killing people with ease, they want to do it... so they do.

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
I have never cheated on Mir. It's too much of a great game and everybody nowadays should just stop tweaking, cheating and play it MIr the way it was intended.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
I was classed a cheater on mir for having TinyXP , Gamebooster(services.msc manager) and HyperThreading.

Thats probably why some wanted to cheat , to beat people like me :D

reecew

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
Newcastle
I was classed a cheater on mir for having TinyXP , Gamebooster(services.msc manager) and HyperThreading.

Thats probably why some wanted to cheat , to beat people like me :D

using all that stuff must make you feel soo good in pvp.. with out i bet you fail just like best part of the people that use that crap.

ixtrix

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 13, 2012
have never , and will never cheat in a game , not online nor even offline . any bugs or exploits ive found have pmd gm within seconds
the idea of cheating to be the 'best' to me is ridiculous and lame
i can understand why tho in a game that had items sell for rl money that cheats be used , just the same really as why laws are broken in rl for gain

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
I've cheated on a 1.4 when I first started playing mir but thats it really.
I grew up and decided to just annoy other players with abuse rather than cheating.
It's much more satisfying.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
using all that stuff must make you feel soo good in pvp.. with out i bet you fail just like best part of the people that use that crap.

Infact, i find TinyXP useful for alot of stuff i do , most of my programs are Portable and having an OS thats built for friendly use didn't appeal to me ... thats why i use TinyXP.

HyperThreading just came with my pc .. so thats not an option i wud just discard.

as for gamebooster, again ... not alot of services are needed for me.

And il think you'l find that im pro when it comes to PVP on mir. Walk pvp .. ftw

Last edited:

Jesus

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
Infact, i find TinyXP useful for alot of stuff i do , most of my programs are Portable and having an OS thats built for friendly use didn't appeal to me ... thats why i use TinyXP.

HyperThreading just came with my pc .. so thats not an option i wud just discard.

as for gamebooster, again ... not alot of services are needed for me.

And il think you'l find that im pro when it comes to PVP on mir. Walk pvp .. ftw

Im sorry but gamebooster does sweet FA, alot of people will say that it makes them run alot smoother, i completly disagree

I cheated occasionaly back in the day on the old 3.55 servers using the autorun thing etc, but the only reason i used it was because the majority of other people did and it was to get myself on an even footing.

On consoles i will cheat my way through a game if ive already completed it, i remember back in the day having an 'explorer' card for my playstation one and using it on final fantasy 7 to have level 99 chars from the start aswell as unlimited gil and all the jazz that goes with it.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Im sorry but gamebooster does sweet FA, alot of people will say that it makes them run alot smoother, i completly disagree

I cheated occasionaly back in the day on the old 3.55 servers using the autorun thing etc, but the only reason i used it was because the majority of other people did and it was to get myself on an even footing.

On consoles i will cheat my way through a game if ive already completed it, i remember back in the day having an 'explorer' card for my playstation one and using it on final fantasy 7 to have level 99 chars from the start aswell as unlimited gil and all the jazz that goes with it.

Sorry i should've mentioned that i named it GameBooster , which was an app made for me to close and start services using TinyXP shrink scripts.

My bad.

ixtrix

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 13, 2012
funny story about me getting banned from mir2 , main char was myrddraal and had noob war on same account called fongsaiyuk.
played fongsaiyuk one day while downloading something in background ,, but was unplayable so used a DE , landed in a mob and couldnt move.
bout 2 weeks later fong got banned , but myrddraal didnt , he was lvl 28 then.
about 14 months later myrddraal was 41 and lvling shinsu on rootspider larva when server went down for a patch
after patch myrddaal and account was locked, never to be seen again despite many emails
funny thing was fongsaiyuk wasnt even meant to banned, he was on dragon server while a guy with same name was on pheonix using cheats ><