Why is LOMCN stance on stolen chonicles files to Censor?

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
one thing that always made me laugh was this whole "im not gonna release my files because then there would be x amount of **** standard euro copies with 1 map changed"..... so what?

in the past 10 years of mir servers theres been LOADS of crap servers with no effort put in.. and nothing happens to them, doesnt matter if they are on the latest amazing files or not. they come and go as quickly as it took to develop them. Its only a shame when u see a server that has a lot of effort put in completely floop.

it all boils down to money, it always has and always will cause thats the way the world works.

why didnt i and why dont i release my files? because i didnt want the competition that would ultimately take users and take revenue. Sure there woulda been loads of rly quick and shitty servers that wouldnt even effect me, but there might have been the odd 1 that showed promise. reason i wont release now is cause the servers still online and its not fair to the current owners, and i dont see why others should profit from my hard work. no1 ever does anything for that warm fuzzy feeling inside... i mean cmon you barely get a thank you off most ppl.

thats the real reason chronicles doesnt release their files, and its plain and simple regardless of all the bullshit comments like "files are not ready" and stuff. sometimes i think all these threads that are made asking this question are pointless as u know the answer, and u also know that answer will never be publicly admitted lol.

more on topic tho, i agree with what your saying, LOMCN has always and always will have double standards. it all depends if your in with the admins or not, they treat everyone differently depending on if they are getting a slice of the action or not. The only reason i was probably never banned and allowed to keep advertising my server was because it generated traffic for the site, it benefited them.

as i say, business is business regardless of if u agree with the methods or not.

TheMasterGee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 23, 2003
It's called not shitting on your own doorstep. A life lesson you should learn, along with some other things by the looks of it.
I was divided until I seen this, and actually I agree.

I'd be delirious getting my hands on the files, and could give 2 effs about people's info, and use the files myself. Advertising or asking questions about them on here... no.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
one thing that always made me laugh was this whole "im not gonna release my files because then there would be x amount of **** standard euro copies with 1 map changed"..... so what?

in the past 10 years of mir servers theres been LOADS of crap servers with no effort put in.. and nothing happens to them, doesnt matter if they are on the latest amazing files or not. they come and go as quickly as it took to develop them. Its only a shame when u see a server that has a lot of effort put in completely floop.

it all boils down to money, it always has and always will cause thats the way the world works.

why didnt i and why dont i release my files? because i didnt want the competition that would ultimately take users and take revenue. Sure there woulda been loads of rly quick and shitty servers that wouldnt even effect me, but there might have been the odd 1 that showed promise. reason i wont release now is cause the servers still online and its not fair to the current owners, and i dont see why others should profit from my hard work. no1 ever does anything for that warm fuzzy feeling inside... i mean cmon you barely get a thank you off most ppl.

thats the real reason chronicles doesnt release their files, and its plain and simple regardless of all the bullshit comments like "files are not ready" and stuff. sometimes i think all these threads that are made asking this question are pointless as u know the answer, and u also know that answer will never be publicly admitted lol.

more on topic tho, i agree with what your saying, LOMCN has always and always will have double standards. it all depends if your in with the admins or not, they treat everyone differently depending on if they are getting a slice of the action or not. The only reason i was probably never banned and allowed to keep advertising my server was because it generated traffic for the site, it benefited them.

as i say, business is business regardless of if u agree with the methods or not.

tis all bout the greenback bro

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

Not true and actually I did ban you from advertising your server here because although others argued that it brought us traffic, your behaviour was out of line and you needed knocking down a peg. So as long as you have morals, it's not all about money/success.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Not true and actually I did ban you from advertising your server here because although others argued that it brought us traffic, your behaviour was out of line and you needed knocking down a peg. So as long as you have morals, it's not all about money/success.
Lol?

I never recall you ever banning my servers from being advertised, they have always been there. Funny tho that the advert has somehow disappeared from the adverts now, is that something you've just done to try make a point? lol. You must realize i dont care surely?

I dont even own the server so banning it cause of me is just stupid.

Out of line behaviour... lol love to see some examples of that. Only one that needs knocking down a peg or 2 is you, always have been. You've been power mad from the get go of being made admin and imo you've drove LOMCN downhill. You've defo not lived up to your predecessors. I actually feel sorry for you sometimes, you really crave some sort of approval and stuff from people. you even came up with the most retarded idea of doing "Forum awards", which were probably just rigged as well. Does it make you feel big having your 3 little medals lol? Im certainly proud to be "most hated" thx for the vote :P

The forum is meant to be about expressing opinions and stuff, yet if its something you disagree with you'll either threaten, or straight ban / remove that person/thread. Pretty much every thread david makes is true and hurts your image, im rly suprised you haven't banned him... its very unlike u

anyway im sure you'll come back with one of your "super-smart" replies like if you dont care why are you posting, or lets just ban u lol :lol

Last edited:

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Lol?

I never recall you ever banning my servers from being advertised, they have always been there. Funny tho that the advert has somehow disappeared from the adverts now, is that something you've just done to try make a point? lol. You must realize i dont care surely?

Out of line behaviour... lol love to see some examples of that. Only one that needs knocking down a peg or 2 is you, always have been. You've been power mad from the get go of being made admin and imo you've drove LOMCN downhill. You've defo not lived up to your predecessors. I actually feel sorry for you sometimes, you really crave some sort of approval and stuff from people. you even came up with the most retarded idea of doing "Forum awards", which were probably just rigged as well. Does it make you feel big having your 3 little medals lol? Im certainly proud to be "most hated" thx for the vote :P

The forum is meant to be about expressing opinions and stuff, yet if its something you disagree with you'll either threaten, or straight ban / remove that person/thread. Pretty much every thread david makes is true and hurts your image, im rly suprised you haven't banned him... its very unlike u

anyway im sure you'll come back with one of your "super-smart" replies like if you dont care why are you posting, or lets just ban u lol :lol

+1

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
While off-topic I can actually vouch you were banned from advertising here for about a month Bon as you just kept going around slagging off the LOMCN team, it ended up as a lot of arguements between you and him [Similar to now]. It was a while back but Tai is right.

On the 3H thread move I actually it may of been archived by accident i'll find out what happened there and apologies in advance. It is still up and running right? (Didn't have any posts / updates for a hell of a long time).

/Zelda

Last edited:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Lol?

You talk so much ****.

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
Pretty much every thread david makes is true and hurts your image, im rly suprised you haven't banned him... its very unlike u

Hes saving it for something special, like his virginity, or Christmas...
...or both...

Anyway.
I couldn't be a moderator, I am quite rude at times and generally not very professional.
But I can act like a 15 year old if i want, because I am not in a position of power and don't want to be.
The problem with this forum is most of the admin don't understand that they are admin, they can lead by example if they take the time to remove their bias behavior.
If the rest of them could act half as civilized as Milo, we would have a proper community forum.
But they aren't capable of separating their in game characters from their forum role.

You notice Milo doesn't really comment on the whole ACEM2 Fiasco, I am guessing its because he knows that the stance of LOMCN is simply wrong, so he stays silent.

Of course if you invested time into Chronicles you will want it to do well. I understand that.
But surely we can all understand the difference between whats BENEFICIAL to us personally, and whats Morally correct? or incorrect in this case.

The worst thing is although i think Samuel is simply incompetent and pretty much the poison of mir, he's not the one in the wrong in this thread. He's just protecting his cash cow. It's the admin of LOMCN who have let down this community.

Alaria and Hober would turn in their graves.