Xbox 360!

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Err would you rather Sony and Microsoft sell @ a profit? Who cares how much the system costs to make as long as its reasonably priced for the consumer

evildan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 8, 2004
Dartford/Kent
they will be expensive to make because the machine set up for each component but it still wont be anywhere near that price.Its not like there only having few made there making millions so whoever manufactures them will make a killing even if there only making 10% profit.

1.the suplier of all parts of the xbox360 will make profit
2.the sales of xbox360 will make profit

i might be wrong but thats how any company would operate even if they wanted to out sell another brand (ps2/3)

Hazuki

VIP
VIP
Apr 14, 2004
United Kingdom
{(-_-)} said:
Err would you rather Sony and Microsoft sell @ a profit? Who cares how much the system costs to make as long as its reasonably priced for the consumer
I agree, they may lose money on the console sales, but they will make a bigger profit on game sales and accseories.

Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform
{(-_-)} said:

Because while manufacturing costs are high, the price for the consumer is stupidly high.

Went into GAME today. Xbox360 Premium package......£770.

Are you telling me that's reasonable?

asda

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 6, 2003
http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=sr&page=title&r=X360&title=659411

£280 for an xbox 360 that:

Includes 20GB Hard Drive
Includes Wireless Controller
Includes limited mini Media Remote control
Includes Headset - Voice Communicator
Includes Component HD AV Cable (with SCART adaptor)

Thats a fair price tbh for what you are getting.

3 symmetrical processors running at 3.2 GHz each!!!!!! Thats gonna cost a fair few bob each! Im very surpised tbh, £280 is very cheap. You can get the basic xbox360 with no harddrive etc for £210.

Speckle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 22, 2005
Biohazard said:
Oh oh oh, do you have Barbie Horse Adventure 2: Mystery Rider? lol.

But anyways, Auron I see what your getting at, and you put it well. I didn't think about how all that stuff is pretty much new. But it's hard to believe that that the Xbox 260 is costs $525.

NO SUCH THING AS A XBOX 260

Opeth

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 15, 2005
UK
smx7.jpg

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
i've got one on pre-order. but problem is, cracked one's can't go on xbox live! doesnt matter NTL are stopping the gaming services.... so oh wel.. :)

Martyn

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Speckle said:
4b3dq.gif
Comparing them ........

PS3 Holiday 2006*

In other words, november/december.

asda said:
Blu Ray discs
Cell Processor (more powerful than the xboxs Custom IBM PowerPC CPU)
Game titles
Playstations reputaion and previous sales, best selling console of all time.

Blue ray = expensive as hell and future tech. Why future? Because find me a game in the next 3 years that will use anywhere near that much space. (25GB).

Cell processor = ***** to develop for to take advantage of resources

game titles = everyone has their franchises. Like the most popular one.... Halo.

Previous sales means ****, go buy a dell!

Sonic said:
Console:
XBox360

Buying?
No

Reason:
1. Price will be rediculous.
2. Not enough games to make it worth buying.
3. Can't play original XBox games (Makes it more ****)
4. Also can't use original XBox Controllers
5. Only can hold 2 Controllers, not 4

These reasons make the original XBox 100% useless and a waste of money, eventually im sure they will make games similiar to the original XBox games but in XBox 360 version.

E.g Halo 3 in XBox 360, better version of Halo 2 on 1st XBox, which if u have a 360, makes Halo2 unwanted and a waste of money.

Console:
PlayStation 3

Buying?
Maybe

Reason:
1. Price won't be as high as XBox 360
2. Always liked PlayStations
3. They can play original PS and PS2 games?? (Not sure)

Revolution i never really looked at so no comment :P

where's the 'rofl out my ass" smilie? PS3 will be GODAWFUL EXPENSIVE. Hell Sony has even confirmed that. MORE EXPENSIVE THAN XBOX 360.

Not enough games? IT JUST CAME OUT.

Can't play orignial games? Oh wait, IT CAN.

Can't use orginal controllers? WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU.

Only can have 2 controllers? 10 MINTUES ON GOOGLE WOULD SAVE YOUR STUPIDITY.

Where the hell do you come up with this bull****? Are you a sony pr exec :fart:

I've always liked X company, great reason there!

Xbox360 has backward compadibility too?

NewBlood said:
PS3 is fully backwards compatible with ps1 and ps2 games

xbox 360 has been confirmed to nto be backwards compatible, in fact it will run an xbox emulator that works on VERY FEW original games mainly the most populer games so most likely halo series etc.

Dont argue at me etc etc about that it was confirmed on a number of gaming sites.

WOW, more BS. Confirmed by who, Sony?

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

And that's just the beginning list, and yes, it will grow ;)

Rick-e said:
I heard somewhere that Square-Enix may be platforming on XBOX turf in the near future.... Rumor, or is there any depth to it?

Yes, totally true :brows:

Biohazard said:
It costs $18 dollars to physical make my $500 video card. I highly doubt it costs $525 dollars to make a Xbox 360.

Let's see... proprietary technology... very inexpensive! Not.

That's not adding up all the other figures... like... you know.... employee cost... ownership rights cost... etc

Of course it's expensive now, but will it be the same price in 6 months to a year? No.

Martyn said:
i've got one on pre-order. but problem is, cracked one's can't go on xbox live! doesnt matter NTL are stopping the gaming services.... so oh wel.. :)

Martyn

There are no cracked ones! And NTL can't block it.

Speckle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 22, 2005
lol theres already stuff going wrong wiv xbox`s lol : They are crashing :D

Crash reports dog Xbox 360 launch

Some owners reported crashes during game play
Some Xbox 360 owners are starting to report problems with their brand new next generation gaming console.
Messages posted to gaming forums and discussion groups mention that consoles have crashed during play thanks to several different errors.

The crashes were reported as happening with a variety of games including Perfect Dark Zero, Project Gotham Racing and Need for Speed.

Microsoft acknowledged the reports but said incidents were "isolated".

Crash tests

New owners of the console posted complaints about crashes to the Engadget, Xbox Scene, Team Xbox and Microsoft's official Xbox 360 forums.

The messages posted reported that some of the consoles stopped working after a short bout of playing or crashed during a game and flashed up an error number. Some users posted video and photographs of the crash screens.

The reports suggest that the Xbox 360s are falling victim to a variety of errors rather than the crashes being caused by the same glitch. The scattered reports make it hard to gauge how widespread the problems are.

Microsoft spokeswoman Molly O'Donnell would not detail how many reports the company had received but did say the calls involved a "very, very small fraction" of all the consoles sold. The volume of calls was in line with Microsoft predictions, she said.

"With any launch of this magnitude, you're bound to see something happening," she said.

She urged users with problems to call the Xbox help line and if that did not fix the console, Microsoft would repair or replace the unit.

The Xbox 360 console only went on sale in the US on 22 November to much fanfare and the full price version of the gadget costs $399.99. It goes on sale in Europe on 2 December.

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Speckle said:
lol theres already stuff going wrong wiv xbox`s lol : They are crashing :D

Crash reports dog Xbox 360 launch

Some owners reported crashes during game play
Some Xbox 360 owners are starting to report problems with their brand new next generation gaming console.
Messages posted to gaming forums and discussion groups mention that consoles have crashed during play thanks to several different errors.

The crashes were reported as happening with a variety of games including Perfect Dark Zero, Project Gotham Racing and Need for Speed.

Microsoft acknowledged the reports but said incidents were "isolated".

Crash tests

New owners of the console posted complaints about crashes to the Engadget, Xbox Scene, Team Xbox and Microsoft's official Xbox 360 forums.

The messages posted reported that some of the consoles stopped working after a short bout of playing or crashed during a game and flashed up an error number. Some users posted video and photographs of the crash screens.

The reports suggest that the Xbox 360s are falling victim to a variety of errors rather than the crashes being caused by the same glitch. The scattered reports make it hard to gauge how widespread the problems are.

Microsoft spokeswoman Molly O'Donnell would not detail how many reports the company had received but did say the calls involved a "very, very small fraction" of all the consoles sold. The volume of calls was in line with Microsoft predictions, she said.

"With any launch of this magnitude, you're bound to see something happening," she said.

She urged users with problems to call the Xbox help line and if that did not fix the console, Microsoft would repair or replace the unit.

The Xbox 360 console only went on sale in the US on 22 November to much fanfare and the full price version of the gadget costs $399.99. It goes on sale in Europe on 2 December.

Apparently someone doesn't remember when the PS2's just DIED in the first 6 months they came out.

From what I understand the % of people who have problems is under 1, and for the record my 2 friends who bought one have had ZERO issues. In fact, I hope to play some 360 this saturday :ppunk:

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
urbanfox said:
Apparently someone doesn't remember when the PS2's just DIED in the first 6 months they came out.

Err Ps2's are still dieing... But its always a minority My Ps2 has lasted since launch and only recently began to have issues reading DVD's (copies I might add)

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
{(-_-)} said:
Err Ps2's are still dieing... But its always a minority My Ps2 has lasted since launch and only recently began to have issues reading DVD's (copies I might add)

I meant when they first came out when it was a small epidemic. And ye, the disc read error sucks, just ask my sister. Hmm, my ps2 isn't working? Should i ask my brother jonathan to look at it? Nah. Should I ask my brother christian to look at it? Nah. What's a pms'ing cheerleader with no electronic backround to do? Oh, I know! Take the damn thing apart and show my brothers the remaining peices on my carpet floor!

And yes, she did cry and yes she did get a new slim ps2 which she didn't have to pay for. Boo friggin hoo, no one buys me anything when I overclock too far :(

asda

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 6, 2003
I can promise you this next gen games will not stay under 1 dvd disc, you may not agree with me now, but just remember i said that in a years time.

Speckle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 22, 2005
just got back from playing 360! They are ok but the actual xbox is takky! but id say ther alright. (think i guna invest in one :D)

Speckle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 22, 2005
asda said:
I can promise you this next gen games will not stay under 1 dvd disc, you may not agree with me now, but just remember i said that in a years time.

what u mean by this?

Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform
asda said:

Oh, I'm pretty sure that if the game market stays as it is, it'll stay very close during the next year.

I think you're forgetting that to make extra content, you need to spend extra capital. And with it costing a packet to make a single game as it is, do you SERIOUSLY expect them to deliver enough content to fill a BD-Rom? (25gb).

Unless, of course, you're personally funding these extra development efforts?