N1 Echo, thats freaking awesome!
People who care about Mir-1:D
thedeath-0:cray:

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
I agree with TD here, ideally I'd want a low rate server to come out so people have to actually do some work to get to a nic level and get some nice work, and so the server isn't jam packed full of pointless items, so the refine/gem feature actually get used properly where GAxes can become worth more that JMaces etc a bit like the old euro mir.

Smavid : The way I see your going on atm is sticking up for anything and everything which might lead to you getting stuff given to you on a plate like most other people on here.

This whole scenario reminds me a bit of when MentaL got the MoS files and someone leaked and released them, MentaL didn't want that to happen for the simple reason is it would ruin MoS just like Mir is ruined so he hacked and shutdown numerous servers although eventually MentaL was right and MoS got ruined.

Ah well, heres hoping a LR server gets made and the files don't get released so we get a decent server with alot of players, a nice economy, regular updates and unique features as the have the source.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Smavid : The way I see your going on atm is sticking up for anything and everything which might lead to you getting stuff given to you on a plate like most other people on here.

That fact i play mir rarley.. and i make maps etc, prooves your point of me wanting on a plate all wrong.... i enjoy lowrates much more than Highrates.. but fact is highrates are more popular.

I would love to see a server where refines etc are usefull... fact is though, it wont happen, so why be a larry loaner and play lowrates. (also most lowrates are carebear servers)

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
why would u want a low rate, every low rate in the history of private servers has been a big fat failure, no1 likes playin em....

med-high rate are wot ppl want. ur just wastin ur time doin a low rate.

theres been countless low rates with nice features that look rly good, but fail for the simple fact its a low rate lol, polls are always like 80% HR and 20% LR.

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
Echo :p , I will personally pay you £400 for the source code ....

Let me rephrase that , I will pay you £400 to post the sources on LOMCN for everyone :p , Call it a "Defection Fee".

Thats enough for like 10 hookers :P , lol.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Echo :p , I will personally pay you £400 for the source code ....

Let me rephrase that , I will pay you £400 to post the sources on LOMCN for everyone :p , Call it a "Defection Fee".

Thats enough for like 10 hookers :P , lol.

Echo dont need no hookers.. hes a pure irish stud.. they offer to pay him lol :P

MCDONALDS

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
Southampton, UK
New players want low rate too feel like theyve accomplished something when a rare item drops, but a majority of the mir players have been playing for quite some time now and a lowrate server just gives the feel of been there done that... Most people i know want high rate so they can get to a decent level fast enough so they can just pure pvp and pk. I personally like high rate servers but... if a decent HIGH population low rate server came out.. where you would need a big group to do certain things.. then i would deffinately play this because it gives the old euro mir guild hunting feel. not the DIY solo every boss whiplash feel........

And personally id prefer a server where gold actually means something, items sell for gold and u can almost pretty much sell every item u get... not the sorta server where u get a judgement mace , then 2 weeks later u got like 10 in ur storage and cant sell em coz everyone else has got them or better if u get me

Last edited:

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
New players want low rate too feel like theyve accomplished something when a rare item drops, but a majority of the mir players have been playing for quite some time now and a lowrate server just gives the feel of been there done that... Most people i know want high rate so they can get to a decent level fast enough so they can just pure pvp and pk. I personally like high rate servers but... if a decent HIGH population low rate server came out.. where you would need a big group to do certain things.. then i would deffinately play this because it gives the old euro mir guild hunting feel. not the DIY solo every boss whiplash feel........
dude are you that stupid? id say around 80% who use LOMCN have playd EURO and dont want to play a server which is a LR

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Erm... i believe i actually said that ?? so.. youre stupid mate lol

LOL...

Well I think thedeath just cant have his own way each time.
Yeah he did a good job with the source codes in the first place but its just sucks anal beards that he wants to keep everything low rate. I think bollocks to him. Its not right to try and force people into doing something like that... specially now he doesn't even seem remotely into doing any mir projects at all.

Echo-Ltd

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 17, 2008
Watford
Im afraid no amount of money will temp me to release the files not because im selfish and want to be in control... just outta shir respect for TD as im the only person his trusted with the files...

Just got in from work... will begin changing interface back to classic one (hate 2.3 one :P)

Horses are all TDs code... iv changed very little...
Whilst on ya horse your hp will change to the horses hp... when you are hit its hp will decrease and you need to feed your horse to bring its hp back up... it also has its only storage system which is defined with the npc commands...

Ermmm i could use someone thats up to date with korean mirs features tbh :D

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
so ur still goin ahead with it even with TDs harsh comments/threats? :eek:

good 2 know i guess, least we'll finally get some nice updates, good work!

horse system sounds good... not so sure about ur interface plan tho... the old interface is **** lol, should keep with the 2.3 one

MCDONALDS

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
Southampton, UK
very nice editing your post. noob. check the one ive quoted.
oh my ****en god mate u are so thick i edited it to add the bit about the gold at the end

even in the bit you ****ing quoted ive said that people prefer high rate? are u just posting without even checking ****? :S wot a fool

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
If you try to code the to standard of korean mir then really you need to keep the same interface.
New storage system, new windows for like help, marketing, items listed on an npc displayed differently. All little things like that will need to be graphically made if you revert to the old interface.

Echo-Ltd

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 17, 2008
Watford
If you try to code the to standard of korean mir then really you need to keep the same interface.
New storage system, new windows for like help, marketing, items listed on an npc displayed differently. All little things like that will need to be graphically made if you revert to the old interface.

Very true... i just hate it... its poop lol...

anyways a mijority of HellGuardian (hell boss) is coded... i feel its mising something tho... for such a good looking mob it has a rather poop AI...

so far it does a RME type attack along with repulsing when it roars...

im thinking maybe add para so you get randomly paralysed when he repulses you? anyone else think this is a good idea?

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
Echo i like the idear on the classic interface,
just add more bottons to it like the chinese have done, they have that many bottons added like horse/shop/top players online/refine and so on

anyways stuff like this keeps mir alive... and thats what we want is it not..

lif

Adel

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2008
I'm an LR person and I played RZ LR. Imo it all depends on just how "low" rate the rate is.

Btw Echo, aren't you the one who promised so much for RZLR not so long ago and dissapeared for months/failed miserably?

Good luck...

Echo-Ltd

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 17, 2008
Watford
I'm an LR person and I played RZ LR. Imo it all depends on just how "low" rate the rate is.

Btw Echo, aren't you the one who promised so much for RZLR not so long ago and dissapeared for months/failed miserably?

Good luck...

Yes indeedy that would be me :) thank you for pointing that out.

Slight update:
HellGuardian Draw Effects fixed
HellGuardian Paralysis 1/4 chance when Roaring
When HellGuardian paralyses you stars appear above your head.

No clue if this is offical AI im working to what it would seem it is :P

ALSO:
Had a few messages from people asking what servers will be liable for custom releases etc... LOMCN approved servers have the best chances of this as they have already been evaluated by a member of lomcn staff.