Meteora 2 Point 3

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

BogEyedSloth

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 27, 2007
lmao @ ppl moaning about leveling... Cry Cry Cry

Leveling is put into mmo's because nothing worth having is easy to get... retards you put the effort in.. you get rewarded its the same with every MMO not just Mir... u think this Lvling is Grinding?

U havnt tryed grind to lvl 70 and then grind for 15 diff Rep's on WoW you guys dont know what grinding is tbh..

I totaly agree with Farphit

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
We dont have fireball. :), we have a small white orb, that might have been seen on another server because there using our wil files.....

You know that part in matrix 1 , where he dodges the bullets .. the first 20 times i saw that .. it was like "**** , that **** is genius" ... then it was like "ooo" .. now its like .. "whatever" ...

No matter how cool some things are , you see it all the time its gunna be boring as feck ...

Thats why nobody wants to play a lowrate server ... and BTW :

If "lowrate + highrate is the same" ... why not just cater towards a highrate server @ say 26x exp [same as mirrevenge] ... so your garunteed a successful exp rate???

Killin **** with only halfmoon for a week ... NO THANKS ...

Dookie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2004
You know that part in matrix 1 , where he dodges the bullets .. the first 20 times i saw that .. it was like "**** , that **** is genius" ... then it was like "ooo" .. now its like .. "whatever" ...

No matter how cool some things are , you see it all the time its gunna be boring as feck ...

Thats why nobody wants to play a lowrate server ... and BTW :

If "lowrate + highrate is the same" ... why not just cater towards a highrate server @ say 26x exp [same as mirrevenge] ... so your garunteed a successful exp rate???

Killin **** with only halfmoon for a week ... NO THANKS ...

Don't play then, it's not a hard concept to grasp. If you don't like the look of the server, don't download the client, don't make an account, don't make a character. But untill you do, your opinion means nothing. So how about stop trolling this thread and let people make up thier own minds, hey champ?

And just for the record i wouldn't want you on the server anyway.

Peace.

Last edited:

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
Well lets hope I am disproven, that the server takes off and that every single mir player ever flocks there ... And that the abundance of players allows it to be the most fun mirserver ever ...

People on this forum really seem to take offence to healthy debate , and , once you put a few facts in someones face they become rather bitter if its not what they wanna see...

^_^

anyways peace.

mutatedkbass

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Veteran
Jul 4, 2004
Server is still up though, just not been wiped yet or not in live....

Were just waiting for the store bug to be fixed by Matt who has literally dissapeared again and then were sorted. We might be able to go live but you wont be able to use store which will mean one of you charachters will have to be a store char.

Dookie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2004
Hey all,

Just thought i'd update the good people of LOMCN with what’s happening over at Meteora HQ! And to tell you not to worry we're not dead. :P

Firstly a little history.... :P

The server has been hosted on a dedi server in Holland since August last year, this was so all members of the team could access the files and add things ready for closed beta. We started closed beta middle of September, we used this period to balance all the item, monster and experience statistics. Closed Beta was conducted on thedeaths 2.3 emulation files because are files were far to buggy to allow players on. We then moved into Open Beta and onto our files, unfortunately all the offline work we'd been doing wasn't quite up to scratch and a lot more bugs were found. The server has been online pretty much 24/7 since starting Open Beta and the team have been working on fixing bugs and adding in quest ready for live.

Where we are now....

We been through our bug list (100+ bugs, was a pretty big list :P ) and belive we have been pretty successful in eradicating most of them. We currently only have two more large bugs to fix and then we will start thinking about a live release. As well as plugging through our bug list we have added some nice new features. Here are some screenshots of what’s happening on the server at the moment.

Images09.jpg

You'll notice under the screenshot information we had the idea of adding NPC faces to all the NPC texts. The weapon in this screenshot is one that i have made from scratch using Photoshop.

Images10.jpg

This screenshot shows Valefor, the boss who live in TempleOfValefor in Lithium glades. He attacks like MK, but hits a lot harder. :P

Images11.jpg

This is Lithium Glades, one of the two new provinces that are incorporated into the lands of Meteora at the moment. We also have two more provinces made and ready to be added. Map made by myself.

Images23.jpg

This is the hazardous Netherstorm Rift. At the moment it is just and extra leveling area connected to Horizon City, but in future updates it will link Horizon City and one of the new provinces mentioned above. All maps made by me.

Images24.jpg

Horizon Forest links the two new provinces, Horizon City and Lithium Glades. The Horizon Forest maps were all made by me, there are 7 floors and two different routes between the two provinces. There are two bosses in Horizon Forest, one shown above.

Images25.jpg

Black Rock Cavern is located on the West island of Lithium Glades. It's a hunting area for players around the 38-40 level. It has 3 big floors, which were made by me using the PSC/PC tiles. Incubus, the boss in Black Rock Cavern is a group boss and is pictured above.

Images26.jpg

Horizon City, the other new province. It is connected to Bichon via Ant Hill. Horizon has 4 leveling areas connected to it, Ant Hill (to BW), Horizon Forest (to Lithium), Netherstorm Rift, and Tenchu Temple. The entrance to Tenchu Temple is on an island West of the city and can only be accessed via a hidden underground passage.

Images27.jpg

Tenchu Temple KR. This hutting area is for levels between 33-38. The boss, TenchuNode, is killable with a small group of 2 or 3 38+ characters.
There are also two sub bosses in the KR for people that are not quite high enough to take on the Node!

Images28.jpg

This is our added stats feature. When you level up you are rewarded with stat points which you may use to increase any of your characters stats. We are still ironing out a few bugs with the numbering, but it all works just have to know your times tables :P

Images29.jpg

The name colour of the item indicates how rare it is (Grey < White < Green < Blue < Orange). All items (bar 8) in Meteora are new, we also have a few new item skins. There are no item "sets" so to speak, just a broad range of different items.

Images45.jpg

The above feature was added just two days ago. We have completely re-coded the magic system. You will now get a different icon for every level of your spell (Not quite finished yet). (Excuse the map that's a test client and doesn't have all the latest maps.)

So there is an insight into what’s happening with the server i hope you like the look of it. I know it's not been the fastest server development ever but the team and i have spent far to much money (I've spent £150 of my own cash on the dedi so far), effort and time for this server not to go up perfectly.

If you would like to try out the remainder of our Open Beta period please head over to our forums (www.globegaming.co.uk) and take a look at the download post in the Announcement section of our forums. There will be a wipe before the live launch of Meteora so don't put in to much effort, but just log in, look around, and leave some feed back. :)

We are still working on the server and we feel we are getting close to having everything working like we want them to, watch this space.... still. :P

- Lind

Last edited:

tats

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 13, 2007
the reason i quit mir was because to many people brought servers out within weeks and its gone down after a few weeks

but just lookin at what u ave added aswell as the time u spent creatin this server goes 2 show that this 1 could finaly be a server worth playin

im so impressed with the amount of months u lot ave spent on this that i may even make a return 2 try this, g/l met team n hope u get them 2 big bugs completely ironed out

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
lookin good lind :P

still think it'll be a decent server worth playin once it eventually goes live, just hope it gets a player count that it was once meant to get, was estimated to get like 100-200 users back when i was gonna go up lol.

it would be so sweet tho if this server complete stole all of mir revenge users and made it die lol

ne who, keep up the good work!

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
ill deffo play this when live , so much change its like mir2/mir3 but only good bits of mir3 not all the fky ones :P

well done bro :D

Setro

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 27, 2005
Hey all,

Just thought i'd update the good people of LOMCN with what’s happening over at Meteora HQ! And to tell you not to worry we're not dead. :P

Firstly a little history.... :P

The server has been hosted on a dedi server in Holland since August last year, this was so all members of the team could access the files and add things ready for closed beta. We started closed beta middle of September, we used this period to balance all the item, monster and experience statistics. Closed Beta was conducted on thedeaths 2.3 emulation files because are files were far to buggy to allow players on. We then moved into Open Beta and onto our files, unfortunately all the offline work we'd been doing wasn't quite up to scratch and a lot more bugs were found. The server has been online pretty much 24/7 since starting Open Beta and the team have been working on fixing bugs and adding in quest ready for live.

Where we are now....

We been through our bug list (100+ bugs, was a pretty big list :P ) and belive we have been pretty successful in eradicating most of them. We currently only have two more large bugs to fix and then we will start thinking about a live release. As well as plugging through our bug list we have added some nice new features. Here are some screenshots of what’s happening on the server at the moment.

Images09.jpg

You'll notice under the screenshot information we had the idea of adding NPC faces to all the NPC texts. The weapon in this screenshot is one that i have made from scratch using Photoshop.

Images10.jpg

This screenshot shows Valefor, the boss who live in TempleOfValefor in Lithium glades. He attacks like MK, but hits a lot harder. :P

Images11.jpg

This is Lithium Glades, one of the two new provinces that are incorporated into the lands of Meteora at the moment. We also have two more provinces made and ready to be added. Map made by myself.

Images23.jpg

This is the hazardous Netherstorm Rift. At the moment it is just and extra leveling area connected to Horizon City, but in future updates it will link Horizon City and one of the new provinces mentioned above. All maps made by me.

Images24.jpg

Horizon Forest links the two new provinces, Horizon City and Lithium Glades. The Horizon Forest maps were all made by me, there are 7 floors and two different routes between the two provinces. There are two bosses in Horizon Forest, one shown above.

Images25.jpg

Black Rock Cavern is located on the West island of Lithium Glades. It's a hunting area for players around the 38-40 level. It has 3 big floors, which were made by me using the PSC/PC tiles. Incubus, the boss in Black Rock Cavern is a group boss and is pictured above.

Images26.jpg

Horizon City, the other new province. It is connected to Bichon via Ant Hill. Horizon has 4 leveling areas connected to it, Ant Hill (to BW), Horizon Forest (to Lithium), Netherstorm Rift, and Tenchu Temple. The entrance to Tenchu Temple is on an island West of the city and can only be accessed via a hidden underground passage.

Images27.jpg

Tenchu Temple KR. This hutting area is for levels between 33-38. The boss, TenchuNode, is killable with a small group of 2 or 3 38+ characters.
There are also two sub bosses in the KR for people that are not quite high enough to take on the Node!

Images28.jpg

This is our added stats feature. When you level up you are rewarded with stat points which you may use to increase any of your characters stats. We are still ironing out a few bugs with the numbering, but it all works just have to know your times tables :P

Images29.jpg

The name colour of the item indicates how rare it is (Grey < White < Green < Blue < Orange). All items (bar 8) in Meteora are new, we also have a few new item skins. There are no item "sets" so to speak, just a broad range of different items.

Images45.jpg

The above feature was added just two days ago. We have completely re-coded the magic system. You will now get a different icon for every level of your spell (Not quite finished yet). (Excuse the map that's a test client and doesn't have all the latest maps.)

So there is an insight into what’s happening with the server i hope you like the look of it. I know it's not been the fastest server development ever but the team and i have spent far to much money (I've spent £150 of my own cash on the dedi so far), effort and time for this server not to go up perfectly.

If you would like to try out the remainder of our Open Beta period please head over to our forums (www.globegaming.co.uk) and take a look at the download post in the Announcement section of our forums. There will be a wipe before the live launch of Meteora so don't put in to much effort, but just log in, look around, and leave some feed back. :)

We are still working on the server and we feel we are getting close to having everything working like we want them to, watch this space.... still. :P

- Lind
lolz thatsgotta be the gayest thing ive ever seen

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
****ing hate the interface

what a bag of ****.

will there be an option to use the orig 2.3 interface?

as items look horriable in that layout