[OldSkool_V2] - [2.3] - [HighRate] - [DediHost] - [Take a look]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
and that amount of people is very few, and wouldnt even scrap a £140 a month dedi, plus ftp, forum licensese and others.

i dont care about donation crap, this isnt to be discused here, so fo.

@daneo... we're not addin it to OS, dont see the point of bein able to make a new char when ppl r so high, so we're savin it for 4heros

we may enable it near 4heros release for ppl to test bugs and balance etc

Did you just tell me to 'fo'? I sincerely hope not. Please clarify.

FTP costs are meer pocket change to anyone with a job frying chips at Burger King. Forum license? Well I doubt you even have one but even if you do that's an annual payment.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Did you just tell me to 'fo'? I sincerely hope not. Please clarify.

FTP costs are meer pocket change to anyone with a job frying chips at Burger King. Forum license? Well I doubt you even have one but even if you do that's an annual payment.
FTP costs £55 odd a year
Forum licence is also 55 odd a year

Also some1 with a job would work 9-5, and yes, would probably be able to afford a dedi, aswell as the other costs... but he'd have limited time to work on the server, answer all the moaners and pms... who wants to work all day and come home and answer cry babys sayin they've lost an item or moanin for updates? very few.

also who wants to go work their arse off, and then spend their hard earned money on something they get no benefit out of? and when majorty of time, at least 20% of server players are ungrateful for all the hours of effort u put into it.

so ye, fo with ur crap... no1 cares

if ur so bummed about it, go make ur own server

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
Oh 'fo' a second time? DING DING INFRACTION TIME

If you don't like running a server for anything other than the fact it's making you money, then you're really not a reliable host. What happens if the donations were to stop? Server down? Nice 1 I see what you're doing there.

Pleb.

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
If donations were to stop server would still continue, as theres enough money in the OS bank to keep it goin for a very long time

now your boring me... run along child and host ur own server if u think u can do better

if ne1 should be infracted, its you for spamin all this crap, so wotever, like i say... bored of u now. jog on

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
FTP costs £55 odd a year
Forum licence is also 55 odd a year

What kind of FTP is that?
FTP is the same server as the forum right? You can get a 500G space/2TB bw for 96usd for 2 years. There are probably cheaper ones.

vbulletin costs 100gbp for life. Why pay yearly license?
it will then be 40usd per year if you want the updates.

Trying to help you cut cost. :)

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
What kind of FTP is that?
FTP is the same server as the forum right? You can get a 500G space/2TB bw for 96usd for 2 years. There are probably cheaper ones.

vbulletin costs 100gbp for life. Why pay yearly license?
it will then be 40usd per year if you want the updates.

Trying to help you cut cost. :)
http://www.justhost.com/

was around £50 for the year when we got it, and we have 2 ftps aswell

vbull burntsoul setup, all i know is it renews yearly, must be for the updates or something, i dont know, ven deals with it in all honesty.

we also have a 2nd dedi PC for testin the 2.6 files and workin on 4heros.

none of this would be possible w/o the "donation system"

every1s entitled to their opinion tho i guess

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
If donations were to stop server would still continue, as theres enough money in the OS bank to keep it goin for a very long time

Pure gold quote.

So why do you still need more donations other than to line your own pocket?

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
Pure gold quote.

So why do you still need more donations other than to line your own pocket?
To keep it going even longer?

To upgrade servers if needed?

To upgrade FTP space and speed if needed?

Development?

Because its not fair to let some people donate, and then suddenly decide your not anymore, giving some people a huge advantage over others?

Take your pick.

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
To keep it going even longer?

To upgrade servers if needed?

To upgrade FTP space and speed if needed?

Development?

Because its not fair to let some people donate, and then suddenly decide your not anymore, giving some people a huge advantage over others?

Take your pick.

He's obviously got more than enough money to keep it going a lot longer than it actually will survive. That rules one, two and three out.

Development? This isn't a business, it's an illegal hobby. What you going to develop that costs money?

The latter is the only pheasable excuse, so I don't even know why you bothered with the others.. However seeing as donations for items already is an advantage over others, it kind of nullifies it as a reason.

If I hadn't already thought this through I wouldn't haven't posted the question in the first place.

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
You can't predict how long the server is going to survive, look at P69, thats been going years. So that puts one, two and three back in.

Illegal hobby for some, business for others. Theres a huge gap in the Mir private server community. People like to play these servers, the evidence is there. All it takes is for someone to come along and put some valid time, effort and money to exploit it. The community gets what they want, a decent server thats reliable, generally lag free and fun to play. The owner gets all the rewards.

Genius or geek, see it how you want.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
He's obviously got more than enough money to keep it going a lot longer than it actually will survive. That rules one, two and three out.

Development? This isn't a business, it's an illegal hobby. What you going to develop that costs money?

The latter is the only pheasable excuse, so I don't even know why you bothered with the others.. However seeing as donations for items already is an advantage over others, it kind of nullifies it as a reason.

If I hadn't already thought this through I wouldn't haven't posted the question in the first place.
my question is why do u even care?

ur clearly just jealous :l

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
my question is why do u even care?

ur clearly just jealous :l

Clearly your skills of perception leave somewhat to be desired.

Your friend has given me an answer, so do your self a favour and don't dig the hole deeper than it needs to be.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
but u stil havnt given me an answer... why do u care?

dont u work for dragon? if so i guess theres the answer.. jealousy that u want ur server to be as good and high user as OS lol :rolleyes:

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham

dont u work for dragon? if so i guess theres the answer.. jealousy that u want ur server to be as good and high user as OS lol :rolleyes:

Why do I care about what? Why do I care that you're only in it for the money? I think the answer is obvious. If you're still having problems with it though I suggest you go and ask someone with a little common sense, as you're clearly lacking in the department..

I don't work for Dragon, my mate who uses this account "does work for them".

So yes, I'm just SO jealous. Pleb.

We should stop "spamming" now.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
yer ok sure wotever u say, ur clearly right aint u.

i dont really care any more, ur opinion means nothing 2 me, and the 200 odd ppl that play OS

Weikster

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
36th chamber

Easy, all they have to do is add in a donation npc, done. Wow, that takes talent, which clearly you have none.

Hany

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 28, 2005
Get your utter bull**** some where else its gettin annoying now,

Wheres mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.