Rise of the Archons [2.6+] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Re: Rise of the Archons - Rule of the Arcane Lords

just hope people charge back who got banned, don't let him keep your money.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

Come on now Bon....save the community and bring out that new server ;)
its not ready yet :bord:
unlike some I like to do custom servers that aint just euro clones

Last edited:

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

its not ready yet :bord:
unlike some I like to do custom servers that aint just euro clones

As much of a dig this is, I have to agree with it.

Was expecting this to be a custom server with brand new content, only to find it's just the euro caves rehashed with classes that have been split up/not thought out as properly it seems.

I've retired and given my character/kit away as I just simply wasn't enjoying the content any more. I think the server has potential to go far and be enjoyable but for myself and a few others it's a little too late for us.

Wish you the best, one thing I will say is it's not pay 2 win which was my main concern about this server, it's far from it. In fact everything I bought from the gameshop was done so with gold earnt ingame, so well done on proving me completely wrong on that front.

I may return if you can address all the issues present and release some actual new content we've not seen/done before for the past 15years - be sure to continue those questlines to explore said new content also, was actually one of the most fun parts of the first week of the server before it just abruptly ended.

Goodluck.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015

absolute embarrassment.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

I've said since beta that they done nothing but ****ed about with the stats..

evilzach

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2010
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

I don't see what all the bitching is about tbh if you dont like the server then just don't play on it and move on to something else.And if you put any money into it and it's not turned out the way you wanted then that's nobody's fault but your own nobody was forced to put money into it.I play the server and others and it's not the best i have played but it can't be that bad if there is so many people playing it.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

People like ruining servers for other people by slandering and putting new players off... Yet the people talking **** couldn't produce a server like this themselfs.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

I don't see what all the bitching is about tbh if you dont like the server then just don't play on it and move on to something else.And if you put any money into it and it's not turned out the way you wanted then that's nobody's fault but your own nobody was forced to put money into it.I play the server and others and it's not the best i have played but it can't be that bad if there is so many people playing it.

People like ruining servers for other people by slandering and putting new players off... Yet the people talking **** couldn't produce a server like this themselfs.

There is truth in these statements

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

That argument doesn't really work when the server closely resembles the amount of work seen in those 5 minute money grabbing servers....

You can't boast 3 years of work, and produce something like this and expect people to be happy with it lol.

The player base is being stemmed by dedicated players from his previous servers, and afk players waiting out for more content and boosting their rest exp (His previous "high" user counts came from countless afk player shops). The number is over inflated and likely the real number is below 100 players. Remove the rewards for being afk and you will see the real number.

Personally i've never liked his servers, I don't have anything against Scorp and he must be doing something to earn such a dedicated player base....I even gave this chance, but this is probably the worst out of his 3 servers i've tried, yet oddly the longest I played any of them...It's likely i could have stuck with it for a long time (I'm sure countless others agree), but simple fact of the matter is....he ****ed it up and it was released way too early.

People deserve to know what they are entering into:
- It doesn't have 14 provinces.
- It doesn't have mercenaries.
- It does have a lot of bugs and major imbalance issues.
etc etc

I would expect people to do the same for me when i join servers, the 5 minute servers do it themselves with their shoddy adverts.
(Although personally i think Tai should not be approving these pathetic attempts as it's becoming a disease lol).

People will still play regardless of negative feedback. But usually if it reaches a point where it actually discourages players from starting...If the flaws are enough to make people avoid a server, then they must be serious enough to consider getting your arse in gear.

But anyway, will say no more on the matter lol. I might well make a return later on when issues start to get resolved properly, as it does have a lot of potential and i really enjoyed the different take on Mir....but it's current state is unplayable after a certain point.

Last edited:

Keevo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 5, 2011

The numbers playing is very heavily distorted by Characters needing to be logged in 24 hours a day to get the best Rested XP bonus people also have several accounts they keep logged in so alts are quicker to level :)

but i agree, time to move on if you dont like it :)

SilvaRoberto

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014

so many items on this game such a shame there all trash because 95% of people only looking for stuff with attackspeed to either use or sell.

hey ho website was best thing about server and still is so far.

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK

There is truth in these statements

With great statements comes great typos

That argument doesn't really work when the server closely resembles the amount of work seen in those 5 minute money grabbing servers....

You can't boast 3 years of work, and produce something like this and expect people to be happy with it lol.

The player base is being stemmed by dedicated players from his previous servers, and afk players waiting out for more content and boosting their rest exp (His previous "high" user counts came from countless afk player shops). The number is over inflated and likely the real number is below 100 players. Remove the rewards for being afk and you will see the real number.

Personally i've never liked his servers, I don't have anything against Scorp and he must be doing something to earn such a dedicated player base....I even gave this chance, but this is probably the worst out of his 3 servers i've tried, yet oddly the longest I played any of them...It's likely i could have stuck with it for a long time (I'm sure countless others agree), but simple fact of the matter is....he ****ed it up and it was released way too early.

People deserve to know what they are entering into:
- It doesn't have 14 provinces.
- It doesn't have mercenaries.
- It does have a lot of bugs and major imbalance issues.
etc etc

I would expect people to do the same for me when i join servers, the 5 minute servers do it themselves with their shoddy adverts.
(Although personally i think Tai should not be approving these pathetic attempts as it's becoming a disease lol).

People will still play regardless of negative feedback. But usually if it reaches a point where it actually discourages players from starting...If the flaws are enough to make people avoid a server, then they must be serious enough to consider getting your arse in gear.

But anyway, will say no more on the matter lol. I might well make a return later on when issues start to get resolved properly, as it does have a lot of potential and i really enjoyed the different take on Mir....but it's current state is unplayable after a certain point.

I almost agree with this statement although my concern would be the 'disease' paragraph.

One mans trash is another mans treasure...

The mir community likes diversity. There isn't a single server that can say that they reach the whole community, it simply isn't possible.

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

altho I completely agree with the money statement I think everyone is entitled to their opinion or "bitch"

I'd imagine a lot of massively disappointed, the server showed such promise, and was a complete let down. I mean even I logged on and gave it ago but could only manage 1 hour before falling asleep on the keyboard

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK

the server showed such promise

Don't get me wrong... the advertising, the e-mail campaign, the social media accounts, the server advertisement were all spot on.

The server just failed to deliver on what was promised and subsequently failed to live up to the hype.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

Don't get me wrong... the advertising, the e-mail campaign, the social media accounts, the server advertisement were all spot on.

The server just failed to deliver on what was promised and subsequently failed to live up to the hype.
ye thats what I mean, he did everything right apart from the actual in game content lol

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

With great statements comes great typos

I almost agree with this statement although my concern would be the 'disease' paragraph.

One mans trash is another mans treasure...

The mir community likes diversity. There isn't a single server that can say that they reach the whole community, it simply isn't possible.

It's not just one mans trash, it's everyones trash lol.

Why pass the rubbish around when it should be thrown out.

So far not a single server that has popped up with an advert that could be written by a child has proved to be anything different. They mostly have 5 things in common:
1. Couple kits in game with "fancy" item skins.
2. Might have the usual copy cat boring NPCs, such as LastManStanding.
3. Might have an extra map or 2 with the same look, just a diferent name
4. Have an IP address that changes more than your underwear (As in hosting at home because they don't want to fork our for a Dedi)

Why you might ask about No.4? Because of No.5...

5. Donations
5. Donations
5. Donations
5. Donations
5. Donations

Soon as they have their fill of donations, they shut up shop, you'll whinge about it and they have the luxury of not having a wasted dedi cost.

Then you'll repeat for the next one. You can see the servers that are going to do it just from the ads, i've predicted the last 6 i glanced over, and thankfully didn't even try them lol. So don't see why Tai can't start glancing over them too and stop them cropping out the wood work.

Last edited:

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK

It's not just one mans trash, it's everyones trash lol.

Why pass the rubbish around when it should be thrown out.

So far not a single server that has popped up with an advert that could be written by a child has proved to be anything different. They mostly have 5 things in common:
1. Couple kits in game with "fancy" item skins.
2. Might have the usual copy cat boring NPCs, such as LastManStanding.
3. Might have an extra map or 2 with the same look, just a diferent name
4. Have an IP address that changes more than your underwear (As in hosting at home because they don't want to fork our for a Dedi)

Why you might ask about No.4? Because of No.5...

5. Donations
5. Donations
5. Donations
5. Donations
5. Donations

Soon as they have their fill of donations, they shut up shop, you'll whinge about it and they have the luxury of not having a wasted dedi cost.

Then you'll repeat for the next one. You can see the servers that are going to do it just from the ads, i've predicted the last 6 i glanced over, and thankfully didn't even try them lol. So don't see why Tai can't start glancing over them too and stop them cropping out the wood work.

Sorry, my 'trash' comment wasn't about this server in particular but rather in reference to you asking Tai to be more vigilant with the servers that are approved on LOMCN.

I agree that there should be more stringent guidelines as to what should be required when posting in the server advertisements but we've also had a lot of Spanish and Korean users start appearing on the forum, most of them will struggle with long complex paragraphs (and that's not meant in a disrespectful way).

Donations are and always have played a major part in the gameplay. I don't think that this thread is the place to get into this debate but without donations most of the servers available today wouldn't be live. Chronicles being the only one where I think they actually do it for the love of the game and the community, and I believe they still accept donations because... who wouldn't?!

Scorpion clearly knows how to attract the user base... he's put a team together... for better or for worse and the user count is higher than anything i've seen in a long time.

Just to clarify, the 'one mans trash is another mans treasure' comment was in relation to unique parts of a server i.e. 'high rate' vs 'low rate'.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

should of seen marble day one like 400-500 people? was good and it felt good to play, like really good, something which doesn't happen on here..

I found it so hard to get into any private server as they are just ****, untill Chronicles come along, then marble come along, uppin the game.. but then you get shitty servers that come out, that go backwards and not forwards?

Its a weird thing, and weird people still invest so much time and even money in, I wish there was just a community server build by all, everyone contributed..
I wish I knew c#, Jamies options are endless, he codes what he wants ingame it truely is advanced but still good, like playing euro mir.