Rise of the Archons [2.6+] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017
Re: Rise of the Archons - Rule of the Arcane Lords

should of seen marble day one like 400-500 people? was good and it felt good to play, like really good, something which doesn't happen on here..

I found it so hard to get into any private server as they are just ****, untill Chronicles come along, then marble come along, uppin the game.. but then you get shitty servers that come out, that go backwards and not forwards?

Its a weird thing, and weird people still invest so much time and even money in, I wish there was just a community server build by all, everyone contributed..
I wish I knew c#, Jamies options are endless, he codes what he wants ingame it truely is advanced but still good, like playing euro mir.

I might have found Archons to be decent if I hadn't have played Marble first. Marble is years ahead of Archons.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

I might have found Archons to be decent if I hadn't have played Marble first. Marble is years ahead of Archons.

yep, hes set a new bar for servers, Archons feels like very old files...

the problem is once something becomes a choir you lose interest, I just hope Jamies working on something in the background that isn't Mir 3 -.-

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Sorry, my 'trash' comment wasn't about this server in particular but rather in reference to you asking Tai to be more vigilant with the servers that are approved on LOMCN.

I agree that there should be more stringent guidelines as to what should be required when posting in the server advertisements but we've also had a lot of Spanish and Korean users start appearing on the forum, most of them will struggle with long complex paragraphs (and that's not meant in a disrespectful way).

Donations are and always have played a major part in the gameplay. I don't think that this thread is the place to get into this debate but without donations most of the servers available today wouldn't be live. Chronicles being the only one where I think they actually do it for the love of the game and the community, and I believe they still accept donations because... who wouldn't?!

Scorpion clearly knows how to attract the user base... he's put a team together... for better or for worse and the user count is higher than anything i've seen in a long time.

Just to clarify, the 'one mans trash is another mans treasure' comment was in relation to unique parts of a server i.e. 'high rate' vs 'low rate'.

Yeh not the place for the chat really :P

But both the Korean and Spanish adverts have looked more appealing to me than the others...

Scorp i think just has a standard big following...they've been part of P69, then Arcadia and now Archons...I find it hard to believe the content it currently has is the sole cause of the attraction.

From front view, everything looked amazing....obviously everyones going to go on it (Even i did and i hated his other servers)...the content just wasn't there and is very much like these other servers that crop up.

I have no doubt this would be his most successful and one of the most successful servers to date, because of the fresh feel to it, despite being run on trash files lol....but what was advertised, quite simply doesn't exist, and it's a shame.

yep, hes set a new bar for servers, Archons feels like very old files...

the problem is once something becomes a choir you lose interest, I just hope Jamies working on something in the background that isn't Mir 3 -.-

Whats wrong with Mir3? lol.

Mir3 sucks for me cause the files suck, i've always lagged on Mir3 despite having a super computer...if he re-developed them into the files we know he's capable of making....why wouldn't it attract a big audience?

The only difference between Mir2 and Mir3, with regards to Jamies ability is the graphics. He could easily replicate the skills and their functions and elements into a Mir2 scene (Although might look a little weird because of placements), infact he did do this a little bit during very early development of the Crystal files when he began the project, but then you also miss out on little functions such as armour dyes etc. and thats down to the types of files Mir3 has (Armours for example aren't a single image, they are multiple, hence dye ability.

In terms of playability....it would be identical to the playability of Marble, if not better if he improved it (If possible?).

I'm very much rooting for Mir3....they need some love and i think it would be a brilliant addition to the Mir3 audience.

Last edited:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

Even if you put mir3 into Mir2 format it still would suck, the skills was horrid so was the items.

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland

I'm very much rooting for Mir3....they need some love and i think it would be a brilliant addition to the Mir3 audience.

I like this guy Mir 3 is the way forward :)

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Even if you put mir3 into Mir2 format it still would suck, the skills was horrid so was the items.

Yeh,...who wants the mass variation of spells and elements....

I just wanna press 1 button all day, every day dammit!

TDB, FlameField or SoulFireBall....who wants to cast anything else :P

I like this guy Mir 3 is the way forward :)

Always was the way forward lol.

Just crap files is the only problem.

Cookie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2016
West Yorkshire, UK

Seems going from crap to **** after the elemental upgrade system was getting uber items with either ridiculous one of stats or a combination of up to 4 stats.

16 hour rewind for something that could of been tested in a 10 minutes :loyal::encouragement:

Ironstorm

LOMCN Member
Apr 17, 2017

Mommy mommy I got banned from an online game I don't like :lol

At the end of the day.. your right, it is the end of the day, because I live in Malaysia. What do you mean you live in the UK? Living costs must be a fortune!!!

Get a grip and stop acting like dicks, maybe I will let you play the game you hate so much. Otherwise grit your teeth and move on.

What a post from the server owner! shows your capability to remain decent and upstanding, piss poor state of affairs if you post like this... immature child, glad i don't play your server!

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

Seems going from crap to **** after the elemental upgrade system was getting uber items with either ridiculous one of stats or a combination of up to 4 stats.

16 hour rewind for something that could of been tested in a 10 minutes :loyal::encouragement:

seems even more of a **** fest over there atm, people leaving, such a shame... >.<

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015

Wait ..... you mean rise of the archons has features that haven't been tested? **** me nah lad no way.

Well at least it's a brand new feature so we can give him some leeway , not like it's been used on his other servers.

Oh wait...

So disappointed in the way this turned out , this bs is the icing on the cake haha.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Lol...half of his forum is filled with the exact same stuff.

Lack of testing is more or less the sole cause of all the issues currently in the server. There will be almost no players left by the time he fixes the current issues, but yet continues to add more untested content.

He's currently torn between adding more content, fixing the broken content and testing the re-fixed content that wasn't tested the first time round lol. Just a big hole, and really bad prioritisation...

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

thing is you'd expect this from a low user count server.. but for something like this that has probably already made £20k+ it has the budget to run a test server side by side and allow users to log on and test new content before its released.

meijiz

Banned
Banned
May 17, 2017

scorp is truly a racist motherfuker, I made post of how the British in his server making racist comments and with screenshots, most of the games has violation against racism. This GM simply just deleted my thread and banned me on his forum? WTF at least we Chinese won't play ur server no more u racist mother****er

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

I'm surprised its been allowed to go on this far >.<