New Eden V2.

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
Might download and see what can be broken. Not played Mir in a long time though.
Goddam game won't let me move on with my life!

Shurikan

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 15, 2018
So much stuff needs balancing pve and pvp wise between all classes.
Sun potions drop way to much with sub bosses dropping 5-8 a drop and have such a short respawn time u would never die.
Taos get a spell at lvl 7 that hits mobs for 100-200 dmg and only 4 sec cd 1 hitting everything they come across. Green psn kills mobs in seconds at low lvls alowing them to lvl stupidly fast getting lures and melting mobs with only green psn.
Wizzys get fw and alot more aoe spells are such a low lvl with caves being stupidly packed of mobs they will out lvl everything. T bolt and other spells dont miss when a player is running leading to them destroying all melee players (Warriors and Sins) locking them into a flinch lock.
Warriors seems to get fcked by everything it comes across,they cant lure any more then 3 mobs at a time because they miss more then half there hits anyway. Giving wars tdb at lvl 14 doesnt mean that they gonna be able to hit a power spike. Hitting 1 and 2 dmg a hit with tdb if u are lucky to not get a miss. PsnHalf moon does near to no dmg and doesnt seem to psn ever which is the main dmg it has because how broken green psn is.
Alot of these things could have been fixed before the beta if u did a small amount of testing looks like u have changed alot of stuff and thrown it all in at once and given them some stats without taking into account how every class is going to have to manage with the mobs.

aRKY

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2009
Sun potions drop way to much with sub bosses dropping 5-8 a drop and have such a short respawn time u would never die.
Taos get a spell at lvl 7 that hits mobs for 100-200 dmg and only 4 sec cd 1 hitting everything they come across. Green psn kills mobs in seconds at low lvls alowing them to lvl stupidly fast getting lures and melting mobs with only green psn.
Wizzys get fw and alot more aoe spells are such a low lvl with caves being stupidly packed of mobs they will out lvl everything. T bolt and other spells dont miss when a player is running leading to them destroying all melee players (Warriors and Sins) locking them into a flinch lock.
Warriors seems to get fcked by everything it comes across,they cant lure any more then 3 mobs at a time because they miss more then half there hits anyway. Giving wars tdb at lvl 14 doesnt mean that they gonna be able to hit a power spike. Hitting 1 and 2 dmg a hit with tdb if u are lucky to not get a miss. PsnHalf moon does near to no dmg and doesnt seem to psn ever which is the main dmg it has because how broken green psn is.
Alot of these things could have been fixed before the beta if u did a small amount of testing looks like u have changed alot of stuff and thrown it all in at once and given them some stats without taking into account how every class is going to have to manage with the mobs.

Stuff he can change now and tweak and we can test the results.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham

Massive wall of text, but most of it is legit shiz, so i'll let you off.

Not something I had considered, will look into lowering.

- This will most likely stop being an issue once level 25+, however it had a 2.5x mob multiplier on, which shouldn't of been there.

- Again, once level 25+ leveling "SHOULD" even out across the classes.

It's not their damage/accuracy, it's because the Mobs have high AC, and Warrior spells don't ignore AC like they used too. Mob AC just needs bringing into line with these changes taken into consideration, I am aware of the struggles of a warrior in the lower levels, compared to the other 2 class'es they are weaker early game.

I'd also like to say, I'm not too concerned with pre level 25 PVP, it's such a short time of a characters life ( About 5-6 hours), that's it not worth worrying about. I'm more concerned with how mid-game/end game pvp is.

It's whole reason I'm doing such a long extended Beta, I'm not going to be releasing until things like this are all ironed out. Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming.

I'm just collecting data/complaints atm, not going to be making any changes or proposing any until all 4 stages are complete.

Last edited:

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
[09/06/2018 10:00:08] Error in the application.
-2005530516 (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL)
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Texture.LockRectangleInternal(Int32 level, tagRECT* rect, LockFlags flags)

[09/06/2018 10:00:08] System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Client.MirControls.MirScene' threw an exception. ---> Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.InvalidCallException: Error in the application.

dont think i can get over the black screen issue when i click client. unless somebody has an idea? tried re installing everything (launcher/framework/directx/windowsfirewalloff) maybe just my PC isnt good enough. its fine on chronicles but cant get on Zircon either as it wont launch.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
I'll do you a favour and actually log on this sunday when I've got some time spare and give you an actual test server feedback, to the quality of Koriban Emporium Inc no less.

Fear not, mine shall include paragraphs and be well punctuated.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
I'll do you a favour and actually log on this sunday when I've got some time spare and give you an actual test server feedback, to the quality of Koriban Emporium Inc no less.

Fear not, mine shall include paragraphs and be well punctuated.

You bloody will not.

I own you.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
[09/06/2018 10:00:08] Error in the application.
-2005530516 (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL)
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Texture.LockRectangleInternal(Int32 level, tagRECT* rect, LockFlags flags)

[09/06/2018 10:00:08] System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Client.MirControls.MirScene' threw an exception. ---> Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.InvalidCallException: Error in the application.

dont think i can get over the black screen issue when i click client. unless somebody has an idea? tried re installing everything (launcher/framework/directx/windowsfirewalloff) maybe just my PC isnt good enough. its fine on chronicles but cant get on Zircon either as it wont launch.

Tried everything on here -

http://newedengame.co.uk/index.php/sample-page/

?

Try deleting your Mirtest.ini and mirconfig.ini. and re-downloading them, I have a feeling I messed this up originally.

@ Beta testers -

Tomorrow will see extensive boss/sub testing, I'll be spawning them and seeing who can kill/who can't ect.
Also be doing some light PVP @ level 20 testing.,

Point's Ive gathered so far from people -

Stage 1-
GreenPoison - dmg seem high
SpiritStrike - Damage high against mobs
SunPotions drop too much
Warriors TDB/Attack
BlessedNode, not clear when finishing.
Subs - Hurt too much
Boss colour names not clear.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Don’t ruin the server by listening to the cry’s of people who have played 3 hours and think they have the knowledge of how the whole server is going to pan out.

0-20 beta test I’m sure was a bug finding exercise

20+ beta tests is when the balance changes will come In

Status
Not open for further replies.