OldSkool Mir

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
You could easily mimic the 'dodge' of spells/hits landing to make it 'feel' closer to the ancient 1.4/2.3/heroes files, you just need to check if the object being struck is actually in the original location of when the request was received.
this is what we've done (or at least, attempted to).
felt much better in our testing when you'd pvp 1v1 against a warrior.. 1 walk pvp and other just holding shift

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
this is what we've done (or at least, attempted to).
felt much better in our testing when you'd pvp 1v1 against a warrior.. 1 walk pvp and other just holding shift

Just needs a bit of tweaking to get the delays right, it does improve it a lot imo.

I did miss the old running around like a headless chicken taking swings and often hitting thin air, made for a good contest providing the opponent wasn't cheating or considerably faster, remember beating a few warriors on my tao just using melee (they either sucked or were a lot slower)

Smidge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2009
Haven’t played Mir in so long, last one was 3h! Will definitely be back for this one!

/Bench

Reactions: Abdozaki

Soulspring88

LOMCN Member
Jan 22, 2018
Barnsley, UK
the original oldskoolmir server with the subclasses and the rebirth was the most fun server I ever played was so disappointed when it closed lol hope this is as good as that

Reactions: KillerMan

grahamb

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 11, 2005
Chesterfield,Derbyshire
not played in a few years will definitely give this a try hopefully the crystal files have got a lot better since i last played and ain't the same predictable boring game play were having the higher stats and holding shift wins in war pvp

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
will there be body drops from PK at all even if it's a low chance? This is what makes PK exciting for me so would like to know
i mean its ben... his servers are known to be based around pk... of course theres gnna be body drops.

Soulspring88

LOMCN Member
Jan 22, 2018
Barnsley, UK
Can't hurt to verify it people change their minds and atm this looks very pve carebearyesque with none pk instances dungeons other than losing and gaining levels from pk.. Where will the pk be if everyone is in instances is a worry too

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Can't hurt to verify it people change their minds and atm this looks very pve carebearyesque with none pk instances dungeons other than losing and gaining levels from pk.. Where will the pk be if everyone is in instances is a worry too

It's Mir2, not Mir3.

Mir3 was created and based on Korean version which has no drops officially.

Mir2 never has. nor should it ever have drops disabled, and no Mir2 server has ever turned it off, so it's a pointless question really.

Soulspring88

LOMCN Member
Jan 22, 2018
Barnsley, UK
Pretty sure body drops were not a thing towards the end of mir 2 I remember having to lure mobs and hope they got killed by those.. Lol
Post automatically merged:

Could be wrong though it's been a long time since euro mir2 closed lol
Post automatically merged:

Also gamepot mir didn't have body drops did it lol

Last edited:

WhyJewBanMe

Toxic
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2018
Pi pot shop
Euro had drops from mob deaths
Ken951 died in my scythe +archer got the last hit mc +6 lk+4
Also died to a wall holding dash in sz vs wall messing about, bb dc 10 osr

Soulspring88

LOMCN Member
Jan 22, 2018
Barnsley, UK
yeah I mean specifically body drops from being murdered by another player when the player dying is white/yellow (not red) these are what i mean

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.