AceM2 - The next generation of Mir

Join Discord

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Ace isn't a suit :P But i like HeartM2. Maybe that could be the next revision.

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
Here's a short video showing off some of AceM2's map animations. Look's so great.

[youtube]svULKJwLpJg[/youtube]

Reactions: TheDayIDie

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Test Server on 27th April, Public File release 2 weeks later. Sijo is launching beforehand since they've had early access to the files in return for things like Dedi Servers and Interface Work.

Test Server is vital for the files, we need to confirm they are in fact stable. We're expecting issues though so people will really need to remember it's not final. The files aren't perfect yet though we hope to make them perfect.

Last edited:

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
How compatible/incompatible are these files with Ruby ?
I'm mainly interested in item and char database.
Is there any easy way to port stuff or does it simply have to be a clean sheet of paper when starting an AceM2 server ?

Also is there likely to be an NPC scripter prog available or access to all commands ?

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
How compatible/incompatible are these files with Ruby ?
I'm mainly interested in item and char database.
Is there any easy way to port stuff or does it simply have to be a clean sheet of paper when starting an AceM2 server ?

Also is there likely to be an NPC scripter prog available or access to all commands ?

afraid i cant really tell at this point :p
in theory since the files use an sql char db etc, it should be fairly easy to port other files to this sql (question is how much info can you read on the other files, like added stats on items etc might be near impossible)

scx0r

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 19, 2005
Team AceM2,

Brilliant news on the AceM2 Project. I especially took a like to the project due to the DirectX Engine promising overall performance over that of the existing Delphi GDI (Could be mistaken) client's we have had to suffer with as players and as developers.

Any chance of a preview invite? I'm interested in bug testing. I've found numerous of Dupe Exploits in an mmo called MortalOnline with the stupidest of techniques (Have youtube videos to prove this & by Not packet editing / Not memory editing / Not disassembly ) and would enjoy reporting bugs found and bugs exploited to the Tracker to ensure the final release is cheat-free and running efficiently.

I appreciate your time to read my post.
Look forward to the future of AceM2 and to one day play it (No I don't want to be a GM).

Regards
Chris

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Team AceM2,

Brilliant news on the AceM2 Project. I especially took a like to the project due to the DirectX Engine promising overall performance over that of the existing Delphi GDI (Could be mistaken) client's we have had to suffer with as players and as developers.

Any chance of a preview invite? I'm interested in bug testing. I've found numerous of Dupe Exploits in an mmo called MortalOnline with the stupidest of techniques (Have youtube videos to prove this & by Not packet editing / Not memory editing / Not disassembly ) and would enjoy reporting bugs found and bugs exploited to the Tracker to ensure the final release is cheat-free and running efficiently.

I appreciate your time to read my post.
Look forward to the future of AceM2 and to one day play it (No I don't want to be a GM).

Regards
Chris

Thanks for the offer, test server will be up in just over a week now if you could test then that'd be great.

Older clients (Including Ruby) all used DelphiX which is DirectX7 based code I believe. Either way it's old outdated and too slow. These files use a modified version of HGE for Delphi, which while only DirectX 8 based still allows for a lot more powerful features and far better performance. For example with DelphiX the Heroes client would struggle on 16bit maps, no longer is that an issue ^^.

Not that far away from launch, getting a little nervous now lol. We've worked on these files for months now hopefully people enjoy them.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Thanks for the offer, test server will be up in just over a week now if you could test then that'd be great.

Older clients (Including Ruby) all used DelphiX which is DirectX7 based code I believe. Either way it's old outdated and too slow. These files use a modified version of HGE for Delphi, which while only DirectX 8 based still allows for a lot more powerful features and far better performance. For example with DelphiX the Heroes client would struggle on 16bit maps, no longer is that an issue ^^.

Not that far away from launch, getting a little nervous now lol. We've worked on these files for months now hopefully people enjoy them.

What FPS do you get with immediate presentation mode?

On Login Screen and ingame.

(Just out of interest)