Apoc Source Code

Rand

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 8, 2011
We all make mistakes and yet as soon as a staff member does, it's the end of the world and everyone must riot.
Just because Spliff doesn't want to act/report on it, doesn't mean there shouldn't be repercussions.

The person in question here is a member of staff, the same staff that are here to ensure all rules are followed correctly. They knowingly took advantage of a GM to benefit himself. You're right it's not the end of the world, but it absolutely should be dealt with the same weight any other person would be (if anything should be more harsh as they are meant to be setting an "example")

You deleting/removing/hiding whatever the post, just implies that you're covering for your staff members, but are happy to add names to your **** list with no proof. Double standards.

Last edited:
Reactions: Omnibus

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Just because Spliff doesn't want to act/report on it, doesn't mean there shouldn't be repercussions.

The person in question here is a member of staff, the same staff that are here to ensure all rules are followed correctly. They knowingly took advantage of a GM to benefit himself. You're right it's not the end of the world, but it absolutely should be dealt with the same weight any other person would be (if anything should be more harsh as they are meant to be setting an "example")

You deleting/removing/hiding whatever the post, just implies that you're covering for your staff members, but are happy to as names to your **** list with no proof. Double standards.
The screenshots of my discord messages that he posted hold the answers you seek

Rand

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 8, 2011
The screenshots of my discord messages that he posted hold the answers you seek
I was highlighting the comment post he made following that implies of the wrong doing, but because the admin has helped him a lot previously, he won't take it further, but I understand that your hands are tied due to Spliff not wanting to provide you the evidence you require.

But Jev pointing out "we all make mistakes" also implies he knew the admin done wrong, but still is happy to add names to his **** list without the proof that you require. Should maybe take a dose of your own medicine of "we all make mistakes" before jumping on the "scummy refunders" bandwagon.

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
I was highlighting the comment post he made following that implies of the wrong doing, but because the admin has helped him a lot previously, he won't take it further, but I understand that your hands are tied due to Spliff not wanting to provide you the evidence you require.

But Jev pointing out "we all make mistakes" also implies he knew the admin done wrong, but still is happy to add names to his **** list without the proof that you require. Should maybe take a dose of your own medicine of "we all make mistakes" before jumping on the "scummy refunders" bandwagon.
Jev has the proof to add names to his refunders list... he just doesn't provide that evidence along with the list due to obvious reasons.

There is no proof that Smir did anything because Spliffy wont provide any proof.

Two KEY differences there.

Reactions: Exwizz and Jev

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Jev has the proof to add names to his refunders list... he just doesn't provide that evidence along with the list due to obvious reasons.

There is no proof that Smir did anything because Spliffy wont provide any proof.

Couldn't have said it better myself

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I understand Rand’s pov for sure

I also know Jevs list had good intentions. It’s gone now anyway

Rand

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 8, 2011

According to some of the comments, people were banned with no proof and added to the list. Transparency would go a long way to help clear and trim down the list.

I'm not saying the list is wrong, but from an outsiders perspective, it looks like non admin people were added to a **** list with no proof, but an admin is getting off the hook because the server owner doesn't want to provide the proof (in addition to a leading comment made by the server owner), do you see where people are getting angry?

On topic, good luck with the server.

Edit: I'm not on the list, nor did I play the server, nor will I play TDBs.

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
According to some of the comments, people were banned with no proof and added to the list. Transparency would go a long way to help clear and trim down the list.

I'm not saying the list is wrong, but from an outsiders perspective, it looks like non admin people were added to a **** list with no proof, but an admin is getting off the hook because the server owner doesn't want to provide the proof (in addition to a leading comment made by the server owner), do you see where people are getting angry?

On topic, good luck with the server.

Edit: I'm not on the list, nor did I play the server, nor will I play TDBs.
So let me get this straight... It's innocent until proven guilty for the refunders, but guilty until proven innocent for Smir? got it

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Its hamad* m8
I almost swallow my throat trying to pronounce that voodoo you cast
he meant Achmed
silence i kill you stand up GIF

Reactions: Omnibus