ArtificialMir.com - Phoenix Server

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
Usuallly one of them who can access the direct download puts it on baidu drive/cloud for the rest of them from what i'm told (client depending).

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Spent 40 mins~ farming for the scroll then it did nothing :(

Also another dodgy quest(?)
'Dark Shadow'
Kill RotShamanZombie 0/20
CollectHeartOfDead 0/1

Spent a couple of hours in SV mines overall and never saw a single RotShamanZombie. Also HiGreatGhoul did not give HeartOfDead

i70Cku.jpg

Last edited:

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Hey, only 1 archer is created in-game currently so we can start balancing the class. It's probably not going to be open for a while. However, if someone specifically wants to play the class, and has had some kind of useful experience or insight regarding it, I may allow another to be created.

Will have look at some more of these quests today too ^^

---------- Post Merged at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:02 AM ----------

Also last day for the easter event guys!!

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Shame about the Easter event, as I couldn't get on to play, downloaded full client, changed config and just constantly getting "wrong version, please update your game"
every time i fire up the client, it tries to update the Data\Carmour\11.lib

EDIT: I did also try using the lite download which has the same issue.
Editedit:
think I have sorted it, the ini had a lot of quest stuff for you, also set it to auto start and it has opened the connection

Last edited:

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Not much to say really, it is what it is. I gave it a go when you announced there would be no wipe. I'm no expert on official by any stretch of the imagination so i'll take your word on it.

Played for a couple of days, its a pretty chill atmosphere, plenty of quests to keep busy etc. The only real downside i would say is the lack of players. Avg 5-7 from the times i played.

Things(bosses) are hard! I get the feeling it is mostly meant to be group orientated, which is fine, but when my playtime is usually pretty weird hours (2-5am) there simply isnt the usercount to accomodate 24h 'playing' i forsee that being an issue for me.

I have my concerns about the Easter event implications. I mean you now have a select few people running around with para/clear/Heaven armour etc. Wth no dura loss (don't recall losing a single dura in my 26 levels) these are game-changers, para especially.

I'm not really following the whole 2 server setup your aiming for, if the only difference will be Phoenix gets used to test patches first. I simply don't think you have the potential playerbase. New players won't join a year old 'test' server and spend months leveling when there is a fresh one running the same files. This is whats itching me the most really, atm it feels like it would be a wasted investment.

All in all, if you want a long term server to log on and kill stuff, this seems fine. I just don't feel like it is for me.

Best of luck.

Edit: Ill log on at some point and return Spart's gear. I'm sure someone else can make use of it.

Last edited:

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Not much to say really, it is what it is. I gave it a go when you announced there would be no wipe. I'm no expert on official by any stretch of the imagination so i'll take your word on it.

Played for a couple of days, its a pretty chill atmosphere, plenty of quests to keep busy etc. The only real downside i would say is the lack of players. Avg 5-7 from the times i played.

Things(bosses) are hard! I get the feeling it is mostly meant to be group orientated, which is fine, but when my playtime is usually pretty weird hours (2-5am) there simply isnt the usercount to accomodate 24h 'playing' i forsee that being an issue for me.

I have my concerns about the Easter event implications. I mean you now have a select few people running around with para/clear/Heaven armour etc. Wth no dura loss (don't recall losing a single dura in my 26 levels) these are game-changers, para especially.

I'm not really following the whole 2 server setup your aiming for, if the only difference will be Phoenix gets used to test patches first. I simply don't think you have the potential playerbase. New players won't join a year old 'test' server and spend months leveling when there is a fresh one running the same files. This is whats itching me the most really, atm it feels like it would be a wasted investment.

All in all, if you want a long term server to log on and kill stuff, this seems fine. I just don't feel like it is for me.

Best of luck.

Edit: Ill log on at some point and return Spart's gear. I'm sure someone else can make use of it.

Hey man, thanks for the feedback - and I appreciate the input you have given me on various bits!

So the plan behind the 2 server approach is that over time the aforementioned bugs will be resolved. Once I'm happy everything is fixed and the key features that bring me to USA standard+ have been added then Dragon will be released. I don't see any reason to delete the existing character database (and hence everyones time investment testing Phoenix files) when I'm at that point, however I do see a good reason to re-release a complete and thoroughly tested version the game, hence why there will be two servers running eventually.

Hopefully we'll see you back when Dragon is eventually released.

Last edited:

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Also not really feeling the test server thing , it’s a great idea but realistically you’re going to have 1 or 2 people who you can rely
on to test for you , better off just releasing live server and because it’s a slow server , you don’t run the risk of mistakes “ruining the game” due to people power levelling ahead or whatever

You can also afford to release early and add content throughout to keep up with the players , it’s all well and good creating **** loads of content aimed at being killed 6 months into the server , but people will appreciate little and often updates Much more often I think.

In short , release earlier and keep working on it , you’re not going to break anything that drastically that it requires a complete new server to run alongside.

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Also not really feeling the test server thing , it’s a great idea but realistically you’re going to have 1 or 2 people who you can rely
on to test for you , better off just releasing live server and because it’s a slow server , you don’t run the risk of mistakes “ruining the game” due to people power levelling ahead or whatever

You can also afford to release early and add content throughout to keep up with the players , it’s all well and good creating **** loads of content aimed at being killed 6 months into the server , but people will appreciate little and often updates Much more often I think.

In short , release earlier and keep working on it , you’re not going to break anything that drastically that it requires a complete new server to run alongside.

I'm sorry but the state of the game currently, I can't call this a full release. When I get the expertise to make that happen then maybe, at which point the depth is already there.

To be honest it's not really about what level it's aimed at anymore, it's more about just getting it done correctly regardless. The objective is to complete the files respectfully and complete my project ambitions, which the current plan facilitates much better than the old.

Last edited:

wxypk2009

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Jan 15, 2017
The key issue is that only a few people can play the server to test what the problem is.

raven10087

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 5, 2012
is the lottery working? if not can we discuss removing it and returning some of the gold i've spent. thank you

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
is the lottery working? if not can we discuss removing it and returning some of the gold i've spent. thank you

This needs sorting ASAP. Someone has lost gold on a test server to a potentially bugged feature , disgusting customer service.

OT : how do you know it’s broken ? It is the lottery after all

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
I don't want to say too much right now but my coder is back onboard with time to commit to the project, and we're making big progress on the patch we were going to deliver the end of 2017. Next few weeks hoping to get all the biggest source side issues out the way so we can start working on the big missing features right now.