EU Referendum. Have you decided ?

Join Discord

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
No one going to mention the ttip deal that will literally destroy the NHS and every other public related service?
The ttip deal is the only reason I'm voting leave.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say over 50% of you don't even no what that deal is.

Do your research

Dk

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
TTIP Is not coming to light is because David Cameron is trying to hide it.. Dodgy Dave + George Osborne are trying to secure their future within the EU. Its all about money and not about the British people.

People fail to see that all these main remain corporations are funded by the EU, The EU has killed a lot of our industry's but guess if it doesn't effect certain industry's we shall be fine won't we "cough"

Last edited:

DevilsKnight

I
VIP
Aug 1, 2004
(DK) [URL]https://fullfact.org/europe/does-ttip-mean-privatisation-nhs/ - plenty of information on it here DK.

Essentially what the government needs to do is push for a specific reference to the NHS in the text of TTIP.
However, we can, in theory, veto it anyway. Something worth noting.

How in theory do you think we'll be able to veto it?
That deal whilst we are in the eu we (the general public) have no control over what so ever!

Dk

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hastelloy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2006
Stone, UK
I was hoping this thread wouldn't be full of useless propaganda..

Like Koriban said, instead of listening to people like this guy ^ go and do your own homework and make your own decision.

1. What I mean is if you're going to listen to such statements then at least do some research to find out if there's actually any depth or relevance to their points.

If i'm honest Tai, most of what i wrote was based on research that I have done around the subject and, other than the slightly optimistic October date about Turkey joining, you cant deny that any of it is wrong. The only part that I think you can argue is that Turkey isn't about to join. What is entirely wrong in this whole debate is the remain side's insistence that Turkey will not become a member of the EU until the year 3000, then it was changed to 30 years time, then it was 3000 again. The long and short of it is that it doesnt hit the criteria (AT THE MOMENT), it is likely to be VETO'd (AT THE MOMENT) however it is on a fast track to meet the criteria which our good friends across the pond are also assisting with.

I dont know if you watched the debate tonight (shock horror dodgy Dave who is hiding a lot more than things like TTIP, didn't show) but both sides had good and bad points. Overall, we kept going back to the same old story from the remain campaign which basically consisted of a festival of negativity, coupled with personal attacks (what are you going to do about the 600k donation from an elderly FORMER BNP member). This was compared to the leave campaign which overused their take back control slogan but inspired optimism about the future, didn't deflect half as much and in my opinion hit the nail on the head with their closing statement. Thursday, hopefully, will mark our independence once again from from a failed state filled with corruption, bureaucracy which we have little control over and is headed by people we did not vote in and are unable to ever vote out, all of whom i'd wager you couldn't name without resorting to google.

The great thing about this country is we are both entitled to free speech and we rightly have our own opinions. I respect yours and i'm glad that you took the time to read and acknowledge mine. The difference between us though mate is that I said that I would like to leave and these are PARTLY the reasons why. You stated "dont listen to such statements, i think its foolish to leave the EU" but i seem to have missed your points to why.

*edit* didnt mean to write a mini essay but i write faster than i realise sometimes!! Just wanted to point out again the link in my first post to Jonathan Pie's rant about the whole situation which is frankly a shambles either way you look at it. I've always sat on one side of the fence however once i feel uncomfortable discussing the fact i want to leave with people in general because everyone ONLY brings up immigration and focuses solely on that. Due to that, i'm hesitant about being labelled racist by association just because I want to believe in a country which I am passionate about and it's ability to stand on its own two feet!

Last edited:

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland
i have been watching this with great care i am not from UK from Ireland and i have said this a long time ago the EU kills the market it does have pros and cons but my thoughts are leaving would help the UK all this stuff about trade unions is a load of crap you don't need trade union to trade the EU needs the UK more then the UK need it.
every one should read up on it as you will decide if the EU helps you in some way or it doesn't

greed rules the UK the people should!! only wish Irish People could see the same thing over here:P

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
It doesnt matter anyway.

They will fix it so its a remain vote. Politicians have been bought with nice EU jobs/consultancy jobs when their term is over.

Look at Tony blair, was prime minster earning 150k a year, now a multi millionaire.....

In all fairness politicians/prime-minsters wage is disgusting, they should be on a lot more to stop them being corrupt.

The PM gets 142k a year..... for running the ****ing country. The guy who runs Tescos gets paid more.

Your vote doesn't matter, they wont let the plebs decide something as important as this.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
It doesnt matter anyway.

They will fix it so its a remain vote. Politicians have been bought with nice EU jobs/consultancy jobs when their term is over.

Look at Tony blair, was prime minster earning 150k a year, now a multi millionaire.....

In all fairness politicians/prime-minsters wage is disgusting, they should be on a lot more to stop them being corrupt.

The PM gets 142k a year..... for running the ****ing country. The guy who runs Tescos gets paid more.

Your vote doesn't matter, they wont let the plebs decide something as important as this.

Quite right, the PM is an underpaid job but he should also want to do it for the country not the dolla dolla, but hes a pleb and we voted him in!

Voting Out, the EU have no trade deals with America, China, or Aus, yet we still trade. Its scare mongering, not saying the leave campaign is innocent of this, but nobody would say no to us trading when we have London full or Arabs, Russians, and wealth Africans (who are not from the EU) who have billions tied up in London.

Waffle
Waffle
Waffle
Waffle

BORIS FOR PM!

Boris and Trump sounds like a funny AF combo.

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
TTIP would be an absolute disaster if it was sanctioned.
This is another video from a left wing point of view. It does include a little about TTIP.
If you're an in or leave, left or right, this is still worth watching. Farage does not feature in this documentary !

https://youtu.be/pq72f81kkM4

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Remain, cause patrick stewart. Nah. On a serious note it's because half of the **** i've seen and read so far has been appaling from both sides and i don't think leave has really given any good reasons for us to leave from my point of view. I've just seen a lot of speculation [Remain has done this too don't get me wrong] our main problem is immigration yes, but i don't believe the EU is to blame for that, I think we are. Our system for benefits was easily exploitable and so was jobs to be fair, we let pretty much every tom dick and harry in and then gave them housing, only now are things starting to slightly change, I do believe it was our own fault. Not the EU's, immigration is to blame for a part but it's mainly our own.

[And no I don't believe in what Cameron said, it was clearly bullshit. But I reckon when we get to elect again, we'll have better control because personally we've screwed over too many of our own now].

/Zelda

Last edited:

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
It doesnt matter anyway.

I did not see this coming.....

I guess thats my faith in the system restored ha.

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Victory.

**** EU!

FTSE crashed 120bn and down from 6300 points to 5500 overnight.

90mins after the stock exchange opened the FTSE has risen to 6100....

See, it wasnt that bad ;)

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
What have you done...

Nobody knows.. Im happy we have shut the door on 76million turks though. Obviously among many other things.

Call me racist, to hell with political correctness.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
readImage