Game Life Time Line

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
damn im old..... :( thought i would start writting this and see where the journey took me...

i started playing a zx spectrum 48k with a tapeloader, grew up playing games like ManicMiner, JetSetWilly, MontyMole, SaburWulf, AtticAttack, Pssst..
i got a mastersystem when i was 10 ish, with built in AlexTheKid. Played Sonic on it mainly..

growing up around othe members of the family we played on systems like the intellivision playing LocknChase and Golf, TransAm.

then i was fortunate to get an Amiga600 in my early teens, playing classics such as Zool, Wing, Goal, Flashback and AnotherWorld. was fortunate enough to be friends with a kid who had a megadrive and an n64, so playing Starfox, and the MortalCombat series.

then late teens got into the PS1 with RidgeRager, DestructionDerby, TombRaider, Tekken...

then it just goes on and on, played on most consoles, i have a homebrewed PSP i still play (TacticsOgre) a 3DS i stick on at night some times, playing either Fantasy Life, Or FinalFantasyTactics Grimore of the rift... played all the MonsterHunter games since MH2,.

Serious PC gaming kicked in later teens early 20s with Mir and WormsArmageddon, RollerCoasterTycoon was another great game.

used to have massive weekendsers with my mates where we would all play PointBlank and micromachines via multitap on ps1 >.<

moved to derbyshire after i met a girl playing CS 1.6, got into wow, wasted 2 years, got fat and unhealthy, left her and moved back down south... have played most AAA titles at some point but my passion has always been mir, the late nights in rme kr with Hardonails..... watching LOTR on replay waiting for 3 hour respawn... mental times...

now im 40.... have 3 kids, eldest is 10... still love mir, always will, i enjoy the early game, the passion and the leveling and the joy the game can bring..

here i am just reminiscing of the past and excited for the future, especially looking forward to my final server, euroreborn, im hoping it can become a place some of you can make memories i have of the game, i guess time will tell.

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
My first game was pong on an old TV my grandma had. It wasn't a console. Somehow the TV had pong in it. And I'm talking about 1995 or so. Old ass TV where you could barely watch...TV, but you could play pong.

Then a Nintendo came home. Played Mario, Tetris and a football game.

Several years later, PS1. I spend hours playing @Hercules and Porsche Challenge. After that I played a lot of games but the ones I liked the most are Tombi, ISS Pro Evolution, Tekken 3 and Ape Scape. The PS1 it wasn't actually mine but I played a lot at my cousin's.

Then I got a Dreamcast. I remember being so ******* excited only to realize there were almost no games. Some time later I got a lot of pirated games from a friend. The most memorable ones are Marvel vs Capcom, Sonic Adventure, Quake 3 and Dave ******* Mirra. I loved that last one.

Gameboy. Pokemon Yellow Version over and over again.

I had a PS2 that came with The Prince of Persia which I never finished. I had several other games but I didn't play much until GTA San Andreas came. I remember being friends with the guy from the shop and he sold me the game a day before the official release.

The real fun started with the PC. I had my first one before the Dreamcast but I didn't play much then, only Sim City 3000 now and then. Commandos, Age of Empires 1, 2 and 3, Midnight Club 2, NFSU 2, Vice City, San Andreas, Patrician 3, Sacred, Call of Duty 1 and 2 and then...Mir 3. Several years later started playing WoW, then LoL. Sometimes I wonder where I'd be now if I didn't spend a **** ton of time playing these games instead of doing something productive.

Now I play mostly ****. Minecraft and Starbound in coop with my niece. And some rogulikes like Unreal World and Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead.

Reactions: Hercules

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
here i am just reminiscing of the past and excited for the future, especially looking forward to my final server, euroreborn, im hoping it can become a place some of you can make memories i have of the game, i guess time will tell.

Don't let the salty peeps like myself (at times ;p ) put you down, I've just been hit hard by the sh1tty MMORPG meta (hardcore lineage 2, Archeage, BDO).

Good community mmo's are pretty much dead thanks to p2w and bad/unfinished/broken class development, that's why I say sh1t like "you're going to have lvl based pushing? that's broken" (just old Mir balance things....).

I'm not looking for a Mir server for nostalgia trip, Private Mir servers are a serious thing as they are literally "the only mmo's worth playing" xDD

@Alecs you prefer Starbound to Terraria? I can't w8 until they do a version 2 of that, it will bomb everything :p
@Sanjian ahhh Destruction Derby and Rollercoaster Tycoon, addictive ^^

Last edited:
Reactions: Sanjian

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
@WelshSteel absolutely. I started playing Starbound because of the space thing. Then I tried Terraria but it felt kind of clunky, I didn't enjoy it. Sadly Chucklefish didn't know how to exploit the game and ended up being kind of repetitive. It's funny in coop anyway.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Several years later, PS1. I spend hours playing @Hercules and Porsche Challenge.

We had a demo of Porsche Challenge that you could play like 1 track 1 car (Boxter) but 2 player split screen. Must've played that demo for hours >_> :ROFLMAO: never did buy the game though

• Wow
Reactions: zedina

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
We had a demo of Porsche Challenge that you could play like 1 track 1 car (Boxter) but 2 player split screen. Must've played that demo for hours >_> :ROFLMAO: never did buy the game though

Sames as us with Tekken 3. We could pick Eddy and Xiaoyu. Once I played Eddy for so long against my cousins that my thumb started to bleed near the nail. I had to stop not because I lost but because it ******* hurt. There was this cool combo, X O, X O, X O, that would make you invincible.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Jesus... I'm going way back here!

Bubble Bobble - Commadore 64
Few others that I can't quite remember

Nes - Mario (All variations!), Duck Hunt, Donkey Kong, Kirby and loads more

Mega Drive - Sonic, Some Michael Jackson game, streets of rage, Ecco the Dolphin

Snes - Mario (Again, all variation), Zombies ate my neighbours, FIFA, Super Ghouls and ghosts - And more!
Gameboy - Pokemon - Red/Blue and Silver.

PS1 - Jesus, as it was chipped I had millions of games. FIFA/PES, GTA, FF, Rayman, Spyro, Crash, Gran Turismo

PS2 - I probably mainly played FIFA/PES on the PS2 as well as the Need For Speed games.

PC - Mainly Mir and WoW.

Ah man, waiting for a mate to come home from School so you can all use his data cable to transfer pokemon between the two Red and Blue games. Happy times.

My bro even bought an N64 just for the Pokemon game, Pokemon League? I think it linked with one of the Pokemon GameBoy versions.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Sames as us with Tekken 3. We could pick Eddy and Xiaoyu. Once I played Eddy for so long against my cousins that my thumb started to bleed near the nail. I had to stop not because I lost but because it ******* hurt. There was this cool combo, X O, X O, X O, that would make you invincible.

Was XO the constant back flip spam? So OP lol also E Honda spamming the chopping hands 🤣
Post automatically merged:

Was XO the constant back flip spam? So OP lol also E Honda spamming the chopping hands 🤣

my mate knew like a 10 hit Paul Phoenix combo and I was jealous as fk

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa

Half backflip while doing that capoeira thing with his legs.

Reactions: Hercules

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda

That actually reminds me... that same mate had me playing international track and field! That game involved some serious arm lock spam frenzy, we then moved on to SSX Tricky which was a great game.....

Who remembers the SSX song?!

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Golden eye on N64 was fun, hiding in sliding doors with golden gun was key, so many games popping up here i remember haha.

Tony Hawk's underground was good too forgot about that bad boy.

Reactions: ColdFusion

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
RickDangerous? :) my mate had a commador64 but he was a stingy bastard and i was only allowed to watch him play :(
Just youtube'd it, and yes we had that!

Tony Hawks as someone mentioned - Totally forgot about that bad boy!

Reactions: Alecs

Akaras

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jan 14, 2014
I tried to type this out last night when I was drunk and it ended up as a wall of text so didn't post it lol

reading through the replies so far has brought back some great memories of when I used to actually like games :D I only really play indy games now

My list: (Green Highlighted games were played a LOT, Red Highlighted games were my fave at the time)
  • C64 - Commando, Turrican2, Dizzy, Asteroids, Outrun, 1942, Lazy Jones, BubbleBobble, Gauntlet, The Last Ninja, Monty on the run, Auf Wiedersehen Monty, Creatures2, (around 150 games total)
  • Master system/ nes - Sonic, Mario (I didn't own these but played lots around friends houses)
  • Megadrive / Mega CD / snes - ALL Sonic games, Worms, Lemmings, Megalomania, Shining Force2, Simcity2000?, Streets of Rage, Ecco, Mario Kart, Mario, Street Fighter2, Micro Machines, (I didn't own a snes but played the games around friends often)
  • GameBoy - Pokemon(Blue), Mario, Tetris, Bomberman
  • Ps1 / Saturn / N64 - Themepark?, ThemeHospital?, Command & Conquer, Red Alert, Oddworld, Sega Rally, Tekken, Goldeneye, Resident Evil, Daytona USA, Wipeout, Wipeout2097, Discworld, Turok2, Virtua Fighter1&2, Final Fantasy7, GranTourismo1&2, GrandTheftAuto, Destruction Derby, 1080 snowboarding, Blast Corps, Vigilante 8, Wave race,
  • Dreamcast - SoulCalibur, ecco, Sonic, Resident Evil, Wip3out,
I quit my job around this time and ended up not buying any console from the ps2 and up and when I had money again it was all PC from then on
  • PC - Half-life, Half-life2, Legend of Mir (Phoenix character JBond), Soma, Worms Armageddon, Star Wars Galaxies (character JBond played for 3 years Eldar Imperial Jedi in Apocalypse guild that came from mir), EvE Online, Lord of the Rings online, Diablo3, Starcraft2, Command & Conquer series, Terraria, StarBound, Civ4 & 5, Portal, Portal 2, Team Fortress, TF2, Planetside, GemCraft, Minecraft (Modded I liked mods like buildcraft where you could create automated factories),
Some of the games had awesome music I still have rattling around in my head that pops up from time to time (Terraria music is burnt into my soul I cant get rid of it lol) here is some links to my fave ones... Ben Daglish was great at writing catchy tunes on the c64