Heads Up

smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
I don't think they're planning and plotting to potentially harm and disrupt the safety of upcoming online servers, if anything from what i have read all they are trying to achieve is some form of acknowledgement of their discovering and a way of stopping or hindering this new problem.

Which was unfairly greeted by exaggerated and unneeded trolling, yes it may be harmless and yes they can't fully be stopped but the least we can do is develop a way to hinder the way it works. At the end of the day cheating is cheating, be it exploiting a bug, using a bot or editing some packages the intention to ruin gameplay is there and should always be a bannable offence.

But thats my opinion, if Macro's and bots are something you guys accept then, thats your choice. Unharming as it may be, players always feel left out when someones able to just roam around 24/7 leveling (i used to hate bots on mir).

I've probably got this thread all wrong as i generally do...

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
Least with bots most servers will have a decent user count.
I doubt it would be that hard to have the bots chat crap like most tools ingame either.

+1

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
I honestly think if this IDE thing is a massive issue then there are some experienced coders on this forum, which care about the community and will no doubt try to block all of this from happening.
At this point in time it doesn't sound like too much to worry about and I hope it stays that way for server owners!

MythRohan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
Northant's Town : Serious Gamer
I don't think they're planning and plotting to potentially harm and disrupt the safety of upcoming online servers, if anything from what i have read all they are trying to achieve is some form of acknowledgement of their discovering and a way of stopping or hindering this new problem.

Which was unfairly greeted by exaggerated and unneeded trolling, yes it may be harmless and yes they can't fully be stopped but the least we can do is develop a way to hinder the way it works. At the end of the day cheating is cheating, be it exploiting a bug, using a bot or editing some packages the intention to ruin gameplay is there and should always be a bannable offence.

But thats my opinion, if Macro's and bots are something you guys accept then, thats your choice. Unharming as it may be, players always feel left out when someones able to just roam around 24/7 leveling (i used to hate bots on mir).

I've probably got this thread all wrong as i generally do...

got i all in 1 mate... hola ya on fb later

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
Omg this post has gone well ott

I though most know about this for ages, (neally 2 years) and from the posts here, most say they din't even know about it, lol which its crazy

When i know for a fact at least 3 peeps used the cashcow bot.had it made custom tweeked for a serten server (servers) with new locations etcs

Now its fully released everyones like never heard of it, yer ok i belive you

Ive also been told bots are being sold as we speak

What is the point in all the work we have done over the years to drop to this level

@ the posts

Afew peeps said its delphi it dont effect c#

What are you talking about ?

Some guy said what type on bots can be done

Its like this

On the left of the program there is bot bank, were there is over 20 pre made bots
Each can be edited easy and then you can also make from scratch

Like it can pickup on a serten move speed
Colour picker
Image picker
You can even load a mon file in it to pick up mobs

Its crazy and needs a fix now

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
playing using macros takes the fun away from the game..

don't even know why people use these methods..

i am also quite sure about 3+ ppl on AceM2 V1 knew of something like this since i heard of miner bots i actually saw a few in function..

at the end of the day, i can see this thing allow ppl to level and hunt all day while they work while on another monitor have a miner in mines all day aswell.. and btw stopping something like this will be quite hard indeed

Jest

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
i am also quite sure about 3+ ppl on AceM2 V1 knew of something like this since i heard of miner bots i actually saw a few in function..

Every time I logged onto Ace M2 I struggled to find an active player yet it's user count was 200.

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
Every time I logged onto Ace M2 I struggled to find an active player yet it's user count was 200.

Thats because if they are useing this , they can do crazy things like send bots to random shops, and then back to safezone

Random teleport in to maps, its so hard to spot a bot

Iv even seen a bot pickup on a new char and say to the player welcome etc

Its bonkers

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
Because they were all with Apex and TF doing hunts, you know.. like guilds do.

I hope you are right, ive seen 3 bots at once online hunting as a guild, all from 1 guy racking in the exp

DeadGirl

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 24, 2013
Manchester
I hope you are right, ive seen 3 bots at once online hunting as a guild, all from 1 guy racking in the exp

I am correct, because i always saw them on their travels, that and i spoke to quite a few of them :P

I did come across 1 or 2 bots, none in the guilds i just spoke of, though.

Reactions: Nemo

DeadGirl

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 24, 2013
Manchester
All 200 of them.. people had like 3 odd markets, some miners/bots.
Do you want to stop jumping on my posts? Ever since that situation all i ever get from you is annoyance. I didn't say they were ALL hunting, i just said i saw people hunting in guilds.. they were often out in large groups.. you'd know this if you actually played during that time.

Edit- In fact, i did say 'all' but i didn't mean all 200 at once at the same time. I never said there wasn't loads of stalls or miners, or bots, but he said he never saw people around, i was explaining otherwise.

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Do you want to stop jumping on my posts? Ever since that situation all i ever get from you is annoyance. I didn't say they were ALL hunting, i just said i saw people hunting in guilds.. they were often out in large groups.. you'd know this if you actually played during that time.

Edit- In fact, i did say 'all' but i didn't mean all 200 at once at the same time. I never said there wasn't loads of stalls or miners, or bots, but he said he never saw people around, i was explaining otherwise.

It's called a reply to an inaccurate answer, this is a community forum last time i checked :(

Anyways it's easy to make a macro for mining/skills etc and if you went out of your way to make a hunting bot also, it's how the server owners deal with these actions that will sort it more than anything.

Edit : and that post i receive -2 reputation from nemo and deadgirl for voicing an opinion, grow up.

Last edited:

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
I think blocking it completely is out of the question, lets face facts nearly every game out there has bots, you block 1 and then it gets changed and works again, it's a never ending cycle which has been apart of mir for a very long time, just now with it being released a lot more people will be using it, the only real thing you can do is just monitor players hunting wise, but with what lifco said about what it can do am not really sure what server owners could possible do tbh.

Fkin alliance, knew i shouldn't of posted, fk lomcn. -.-.

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
I also played AceM2 V1 and as a matter of a fact i didnt only lvl with my guild.. i partecipated to TS and most of my guild hunted in groups and had afk miners on a second client running.. some of the guild members could manage 3 accounts at the same time and were quite good at doing this..

i am sure also others have already seen players playing 2 chars at the same time in a decent way.. this happened also on CMir.
Not saying these player are using bots to do this, just saying they can

but that is something i have always seen from ages ago..

what was something new tbh was seeing miners RT just as soon as you RT next to them.. i am sure others can confirm since i wasn't the only one running around mines to mine or to search for them.. the classic situation was finding 5-6 miners not RT'ing which were second chars of other mains which were actually ingame hunting and a few couple of these other miners which RT'ed just as soon as they saw the torch coming into screen.. as a matter of fact if you removed the torch they magically didn't RT and you could PK them with no issue.. they did not ever chat and they always did the same things..

the bot did:
hit wall.. every now and then moved one step back and one forward and hit again.. every now and then dropped very quickly all ores that weren't valueable.. repeated the cycle until they TT'ed.. then following them was kinda difficult but after a moment they were back in the mines..

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
heh fine i'll join the chat:
it's kinda hard to judge what you guys call bots etc.
simple programs like macro express are quite capable of making a design where you run a client, it hits a wall and moves back/forward.
also easely capable of detecting 'light' from torches etc
so you cant really call a straight forward pixel recognition macro a 'bot'.
to me a bot has to have a real brain (reading client memory, recognizing packets, sending it's own packets etc)
stopping macro's is never gonna work, stopping bots might work if you try hard enough:p

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
heh fine i'll join the chat:
it's kinda hard to judge what you guys call bots etc.
simple programs like macro express are quite capable of making a design where you run a client, it hits a wall and moves back/forward.
also easely capable of detecting 'light' from torches etc
so you cant really call a straight forward pixel recognition macro a 'bot'.
to me a bot has to have a real brain (reading client memory, recognizing packets, sending it's own packets etc)
stopping macro's is never gonna work, stopping bots might work if you try hard enough:p
Agree with TD here.

Macros have been used on mir from the beginning - I've even used them myself.
From using a pot after x amount of seconds (Good for ask lvling spells, use an MP pot for you to level it quicker) to mining etc.
I don't see any real harm in a macro.

But bots can do much more. They will be able to literally walk around and kill mobs for you, use a pot when your hp is low, TT/RT when someone attacks you, TT when bag is full and sell all the junk for you etc etc etc.

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
I'd agree this is what I would class as a macro as it sounds like simple image recognition.

I've seen some pretty advanced macros however and they can do pretty much everything you mentioned Skyline. I imagine a macro provided with mirs map/image files could be made to level almost fully automated, it just depends on how advanced the program is.

Macros are very hard to stop, it will be a case of server owners getting a copy of the program and learning what behaviour to look out for.

Status
Not open for further replies.