[HTML5] New Movement

smoochy boys on tour

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
lolz , mine does have a rough base on a monster AI example , but it doesnt play Animation or attack .. only the radius script has been added. I wanted to concentrate on making the movement move in 45 degree increments like mir, instead of jumping the gun and moving straight onto a monster .. Hence the new movement control thread.

Dont you worry , even though my time has been taken up by work... i will eventually add more into it. Maybe someone is willing to help me take on this HTML5 / Java project? Soon i'l be needing extensive knowledge in Python and PixDotNet to integrate the server backend.

So if anyone has knowledge of Python and PixDotNet then drop me a PM , i have it all set up and ready , just need a tad more help building it as i want to be able to add as much serverside as a normal mir server does.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Yours doesn't load...

It's not his and its poorely made, theres only one run option and its glitchy as fook , Player walks over objects n such and its all chinese. not to mention theres no click attack but some shoddy projectile that comes out when you overlap monsters with mouse lol.

The ACTUAL online version of Web Mir made in Flash / Lua and PHP (with DediAMPZ) is okay , but no'ones got it online as of yet due to the .NET Passport authentication needed, also ... the only source for that is decompiling .swf and using the de - encrypting tool for the lua scripts (npcs etc). I've yet to find the source for the server side tho ...

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
if you make something yourself, then il congratulate you.

Anyone got any experience with socket.io ? Wondering what way to go with the server side off things. It's either a method using socket.io or python using pixdotnet.

Would love some pointers from someone with knowledge of HTML5 / Java and Python. I've done rough searches on what i need, but i don't fully understand what it is im looking at.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Looks good, keep it up mate.

Also Tai is trolling. Something he gives infractions for... lol.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
It would be weird if he didn't troll my post's. Almost finished adding in all the animations and setting them into position. Still needs alot of tweaking. Stupid shadows mix and match the X & Y origin image points from center, so i gotta change every single bloody one. No worries, will get there soon!

Idle Animations - Done
Walking Animations -
90% Done (Y Axis needs tweak + Sound)
Running Animation - 90% Done (Y Axis needs tweak + Sound)
Attack Animations -50% Done (Animations are in, needs code to check when mouse is over monster to allow left click / pathfinding)
Struct Animations - 60% Done (Animations are in and code is in for on collision actions)
Death Animations - 20% Done (Only some of the animations are in but code is in place, but need Monsters for actual death to take place lol)

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Good work and keep it up, forget what tai says where he thinks he's being funny but in reality making him self look stupid (great admin lomcn got here) lol.

I'm guessing this is more of a learning exercise for you but im looking forward to the progress (even if it dont get finished) :P

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
I've offered to help with as much java experience as i know, its up to you to get back to me breezer :) haven't heard from a while so i presumed you had found some one.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Looks good, keep it up mate.

Also Tai is trolling. Something he gives infractions for... lol.

But I don't know what trolling is, remember?

Good work and keep it up, forget what tai says where he thinks he's being funny but in reality making him self look stupid (great admin lomcn got here) lol.

Gezza! I love how you pop back once in a while just to give the old knife another twist :) and yeah, I'm such a bad admin ^_^

Breezer loves my banter though. Will you release the source for this if you don't finish?

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah there are no updates at the moment, im 2 weeks in on my new job so i've been fairly busy.

Releasing the source....Yes, mind its not so much a source than a project using premade behaviours (i will obviously release any custom ones made by myself). I'm looking at moving the source to a better platform (raw HTML5).

I will note , this has been made using a HTML5 game engine (basically allows for short code plugins / behaviours with user friendly GUI). Anyone can pick the use of the engine up, but i tend to concentrate on the bahaviours and plugins as they are pure HTML5 raw edits. I'm using they're free edition of Construct 2, but would like to move onto Construct Classic (OpenSource engine). That way i can add alot of mir specific features.

Diablo sorry for the no replies, i haven't installed MSN on my new HDD. If anyone is interested then take a look at construct classic (the open source one) and look at the core files (program files), in there you will find behaviours and you can edit these manually to tweak the engine etc... not to mention being able to add alot more functions to the program itself.

One problem im facing using HTML5 is that its not really built for MMO use, although possible with Python and PixDotNet...i have no knowledge on integrating the two into the engine, so thats been put on hold.

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
Diablo sorry for the no replies, i haven't installed MSN on my new HDD. If anyone is interested then take a look at construct classic (the open source one) and look at the core files (program files), in there you will find behaviours and you can edit these manually to tweak the engine etc... not to mention being able to add alot more functions to the program itself.

No problem give me a message when you have more time bud would be glad to help.