Leave of Absence.

smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
Personally you should not spite others and your self over something that was done between you and hells. its childish am sorry it is. there has been numerous of times Ben or other server's had charge backs why isit up to others to deal with what you profited off.

Im sorry this attitude about leaving cause one player out of 500+ community is dam right childish nothing more. i think you need to reflect on your own actions at times as your not the best at exactly talking or dealing with people are you?

All thats been said hells is in the wrong granted but what do you want from the guy? He doesn't owe you anything nobody is saying what he done is fine. your just throwing your dummy out because you want to see him punished further. all part of the process being a adult. you made money the paypal was sorted. what else do you want him publicly hanged? shamed?
i dont get it. you dont have to speak or deal with him. think you need to clear your head and actually think about why others should deal with something between 2 people who both contribute. regardless in what way.

making a community even smaller and smaller due to your own thought process of not getting on with some one over the internet is mind blowing. thats my 2p . will b a great loss to see you go as your a good coder but this isnt the right way to deal with it.
Better

Reactions: MrMatt and astrix

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
I hope the moderation team feel wise about their choice to remain neutral when Hells inevitably ****s the community over again in the future

Just as an FYI someone had mentioned Ben has committed the exact same crime but I don't see you mention him?

Instead of stating the problem state your solution. What would you do?

Apple & Beach

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2006
I understand that the admins must hold an objective view when dealing with such a situation as this.Guys I don't post a lot here but I do watch and observe the goings on while i wait for a server to come up that i really like so i can get back into this game that I've grown up with, I have come to understand the different characters here on this forum and their personalities.

I have been here for a very long time and I have noticed changes throughout these many years. This issue here that has developed through the means of many factors which we can sit here and stipulate and debate over to no end but we must not forget we are a Legend of mir COMMUNITY network, we must hold PRINCIPLES that must be upheld and align with he ethos of this forum. The principle here is more important than the rule.

With all due respect to the leadership here but we must understand the perspectives of all parties and come to a communal conclusion on this matter, my humble opinion on this matter is that Jamie has given so much to this community and open many doors that where once closed, He has been let down by the management here and has been hugely undervalued on this matter.

I don't know much about Hells or Jamie or Tai but what i do know is what is right and what is wrong. This is wrong & needs to be addressed for the longevity of this community and the long term implications.

Reactions: Gezza and Spartacus

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017
Just as an FYI someone had mentioned Ben has committed the exact same crime but I don't see you mention him?

Instead of stating the problem state your solution. What would you do?

I don't know who Ben is.

Solution is a permanent IP ban.

Mythra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2015
I believe this is quite fitting...

I understand the admins want to stay neutral because you dont want to split the community but doing nothing is certainly not the correct way to handle things.

Just see for yourself how everyone feels about this topic. Hells pulled a dick move big enough to be branded as the most untrusted person in this community and now he's running a Zircon carbon copy without the permision of Jamie, I know he made the files public for everyone but we owe him at least that much, Hells shouldn't be able to advertise his server in here.

• Love
Reactions: Jamie

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I believe this is quite fitting...

I understand the admins want to stay neutral because you dont want to split the community but doing nothing is certainly not the correct way to handle things.

Just see for yourself how everyone feels about this topic. Hells pulled a dick move big enough to be branded as the most untrusted person in this community and now he's running a Zircon carbon copy without the permision of Jamie, I know he made the files public for everyone but we owe him at least that much, Hells shouldn't be able to advertise his server in here.
We're not "doing nothing"

It's a tricky situation that we're trying to sort out.

Reactions: Reverance

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
I am in not way picking sides here but....
What you might want to concider is; what has Hells done that has wronged the LOMCN community?
If this issue was taken to a small claims court for example I would probably say that Hells would win the case. (Maybe we should get this on Judge Rinder).
These pills might be hard to swallow for some but, points to take would be:
  • Hell's has released a server using publicly available files. So even at Jamie's request he would still have the right to use them.
  • Hell's donated a rediculous amount of money to a server. He may have tried to recall the transaction but accepting that kind of donation from one person would raise alarms in the first place.
Again I am going to state that this is just the point of view of a neutral observer. I do not favor either of the two in dispute. I just don't think that this burden should be put on the LOMCN staff or community. Whichever way this would go, one person is going to get their own way. This cumminity is not about two people. It should be about a group of people who all share something in common.

Reactions: IceMan

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK
The issue isn't about Zircon.

I cannot bring myself to be a part of this community when these actions are acceptable.

The key word there is 'community'.

A community that actively supports somebody who is known to be 'screwing' (or at least attempting to) other members of the 'community' has issues. Whilst the popularity of Mir and as a result LOMCN, has decreased, it's only going to decrease further by having people like Hells ******* people over.

With the forum rebrand, you may as well remove the 'C' from LOMCN.

Mythra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2015
  • Hell's donated a rediculous amount of money to a server. He may have tried to recall the transaction but accepting that kind of donation from one person would raise alarms in the first place.

This is exactly why he should be branded as untrustworthy. As a community we should look for each other and work together to prevent this situation from happening again and as someone who is opening a server soon (I asked for Jamie's permition, which is the very least everyone using his files should do and respect his decision) I would like it very much if I knew who's a troublemaker before they mess things up.

Reactions: HeadHunter

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
I think for me personally I was really interested in a zircon high rate due to only having casual play hours with uni at the min but with the situation at hand don't intend to play or touch the server at all and I guess that is how I am going to show my support as a member of the community. As I don't like the fact hells said he would stop if Jamie asked him and then continued on anyway is the bit that doesn't sit right with me him using his files but in a legal sense they are public files with anyone able to access. At the end of the day a server with zero user count won't last if the other online users feel similar.

I do think hells should labelled untrustworthy which is same treatment as others in the past.

I don't however agree with excluding someone from the community for charge back as it was a dik move but not the first or last time it will happen and the same punishment has not been handed down on the others.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Exactly my point with the sandwich reference, the dude had the audacity to say to Jamie that he would respect his word , the word was given and he dismayed it and acted all innocent.

The **** off here with that ****, if you're going to be a ****, atleast stick to your guns (like I do).

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK
We've not pushed anybody away.. Jamie is to be quite frank being a little bitch. He has made a mountain of money from his servers, enough to fund his lifestyle which has allowed him to travel abroad. One rather bad trade and he's up in arms that LOMCN isn't banning him? End of day would you just up and quit as a business owner if one client refused to pay? No you go court and settle it (PayPal in this instance), carry on and ignore them. You don't then go to the community watch group and get a petitioned to get him removed from the neighbourhood!

Admins stopped their involvement, its his personal grievance with Hells that has caused this not LOMCN's.

Just to change the scenario...

You run a farm, you're in the farmers union and whatnot and this guy is paying you for cows.

You give him hundreds of cows over a period of time. He then claims that what you sold him weren't in fact cows but were chickens, and tries to recoup all of the money that he gave to you for the cows.

He then starts his own farm selling cows to others, he joins the farmers union and gathers business through that union.

Do you carry on supporting the union or do you cut your losses and leave knowing that the guy screwed you over once before?

• Haha
Reactions: Jamie

Mythra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2015
I think for me personally I was really interested in a zircon high rate due to only having casual play hours with uni at the min but with the situation at hand don't intend to play or touch the server at all and I guess that is how I am going to show my support as a member of the community. As I don't like the fact hells said he would stop if Jamie asked him and then continued on anyway is the bit that doesn't sit right with me him using his files but in a legal sense they are public files with anyone able to access. At the end of the day a server with zero user count won't last if the other online users feel similar.

I do think hells should labelled untrustworthy which is same treatment as others in the past.

I don't however agree with excluding someone from the community for charge back as it was a dik move but not the first or last time it will happen and the same punishment has not been handed down on the others.

Not only that but Hells has been seen helping players kill bosses (suposedly because he rebooted the server without warning), ban permanently someone for bots/afk lvling but only warn his friends when they got caught or ban them for a single day.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Just to change the scenario...

You run a farm, you're in the farmers union and whatnot and this guy is paying you for Carrots.

You give him hundreds of Carrots over a period of time. He then claims that what you sold him weren't in fact Carrots but were parsnips, and tries to recoup all of the money that he gave to you for the Carrots.

He then starts his own farm selling Carrots to others, he joins the farmers union and gathers business through that union.

Do you carry on supporting the union or do you cut your losses and leave knowing that the guy screwed you over once before?

Fixed!

I wasn't going to post until later tomorrow, but I couldn't resist this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.