Leave of Absence.

Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealHavok

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 17, 2018
I normally try to avoid LOMCN drama, but feel I should say something as Jamie is a friend, and I see my name keep popping up. Going to give opinions from both sides none of which are meant as attacks so please don't take offence.

What Hells did was a dick move, Jamie knows that, we know that, even Hells knows that. But as others have pointed out it was a Zircon dispute, one that should have been kept between him and Jamie, I think it was unfair to put Tai in the position where any decision he made was going to split the community in 2, even if Jamie didnt intend to do it directly, and much respect to Tai for sticking to his guns and keeping the neutral position.

On the other side, Jamies contributions to this community far outweight anybody elses, he is without doubt a much more valuable member of the community and if I was in his shoes I would also never forgive Hells for what he did.

I also believe no person here can lay claim to a difference between right and wrong, remember Jamie has before now openly admitted to developing and using Bots and/or cheats for popular servers, even some of LOMCNs current most active and (popular?) names have tried to pull the PayPal stunt on Chronicles. Whatever the difference in scale, there is no perfect member of the community.

@Jamie I hope you can get past this and decide to come back, there is alot more I could add to this but having spoken to you privately I hope you know how I feel about everything.

I dont know you but i've heard good things about you, you ever considered GM'ing for Zircon? :D

• Haha
Reactions: zedina

Annddyy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 16, 2013
Oh my mistake, i misremembered. The original poster posted my IP, you and Valk just confirmed it. Why would I have been in risk of being banned for hacking accounts of the Valkyrie server anyway? I thought you didn't want to get involved in matters such as these.

Or are you telling me I was at risk of being banned yet the guy who almost bankrupt Zircon out of £7000 is okay?
Post automatically merged:

Don't barrage the farrage

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Oh my mistake, i misremembered. The original poster posted my IP, you and Valk just confirmed it. Why would I have been in risk of being banned for hacking accounts of the Valkyrie server anyway? I thought you didn't want to get involved in matters such as these.

Or are you telling me I was at risk of being banned yet the guy who almost bankrupt Zircon out of £7000 is okay?
Post automatically merged:

Congrats again, you can't read. I said we don't get involved in monetary issues, completely different to hacking isn't it.

Your opinions can officially go in the pile that I couldn't give a **** about now. Say hi to Piff :D

Last edited:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Get my name out your mouth Tai, go get banned on LoL for the 8th time mate.

We was good buds on apoc? Why you so hostile, oh yea because you been a crying baby ever since that server died and everybody agree's. Even took away Hercs VIP for no reason lol.

Reactions: KingCobra92

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017
Tai you're insulting our intelligence with an excuse like that. Don't expect us to believe that you and the moderation team wish to be hands off on only monetary issues.

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Had some time to think on this, extortion should not be supported and I think hells should not be allowed to advertise here in consideration of previous conduct, in addition requires untrusted status. I feel as a server operator I should be aware of people's with know to be bad intentions. In addition various users will be attracted to said server via said adverts and potentially exposed to extortion as a result.

It might be late but I feel failure to take action in this instance is a grave mistake.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
In recent years people have been removed and banned from advertising for less. Look at Lapta for example (Well he did try to claim Mir2 as his and then try to take people to court).

All I can suggest is that any persons who plan on playing Hells server. Please use different credentials.

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Tai this debacle has shown us a bit of your inexperience, hasn't it?

Inexperience? I think its a bit too easy to judge from our side but I think quoting inexperience isn't fair as pretty sure the support team make 0.00 per week doing the job they do on here.

I believe it was Tai that made a comment the other day that sticks with me at the minute that they are simply here to serve the wants / needs of the community. Even though they wield the power to carry out whatever they decide they turn it into more of a vote when they have a choice of dictatorship if they wanted. If the entire community voiced they wanted hells banned from advertising his server on lomcn (not from running one) that would be done but since he has 64 users online out of a community of what? Maybe 300? That's around 20% of the community of we do have 300 that thinks otherwise. Either from thinking or just to feed their Mir high rate addiction..... but if you were leader of a town that had 300 people and 80% agreed with you and 20% didn't what would you do?

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Tai this debacle has shown us a bit of your inexperience, hasn't it?

There was 1 or 2 times when i pushed the cord on with @Tai , he didnt showed that he has experience, he showed how neutral he can be and how FAIR he is (i want my vip back please).

You guys can say anything but without Tai at this moment LOMCN wouldnt be at this good quality how it is.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
There was 1 or 2 times when i pushed the cord on with @Tai , he didnt showed that he has experience, he showed how neutral he can be and how FAIR he is (i want my vip back please).

You guys can say anything but without Tai at this moment LOMCN wouldnt be at this good quality how it is.

Duo team to get our VIP back? We could add herc but he blates just licked tais forhead to get the VIP.. soo y’no well pause his membership

Reactions: zedina

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Yea i don't think staff conduct can be called into question here, from what I've seen they've done nothing but support Jamie. As has been clearly stated hells behaviour slipped through the net, and actually my understanding too (from the limited info in the vip section) Jamie had had success with these disputes, so it was easily overlooked.

From what I can tell posting from my mobile hells is rightfully as of now untrusted and as far as I can tell order is restored.

Gj let's all go back to doing what we do best :)

Reactions: Tai

Xele

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 10, 2017
Giving him a title that warns players to be wary of him is a good middle ground, people know what to expect when they interact with him now and doesn't outright ban him which would of set a nasty precedent in my opinion.

Onto the subject of Tai, never really spoken to the guy or interacted with him but he has kept the community together for quite some time through this site and the respect he is shown as far as I can see is very little, some of you might need to work on that.

I also agree that Nigel & Piff are absolute nobodies on the Mir scene, so I wouldn't worry about them.

Reactions: Tai and Wittin

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Giving him a title that warns players to be wary of him is a good middle ground, people know what to expect when they interact with him now and doesn't outright ban him which would of set a nasty precedent in my opinion.

Onto the subject of Tai, never really spoken to the guy or interacted with him but he has kept the community together for quite some time through this site and the respect he is shown as far as I can see is very little, some of you might need to work on that.

I also agree that Nigel & Piff are absolute nobodies on the Mir scene to so I wouldn't worry about them.

For once I agree with this guy.. hurts so bad to say.... Need a shower i feel dirty.

Reactions: Xythas

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
I think you made the correct choice giving the untrusted rank.

Ps I was VIP for about a day till Tai had a hissy fit :P

Status
Not open for further replies.