Status
Not open for further replies.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
If this issue was taken to a small claims court for example I would probably say that Hells would win the case. (Maybe we should get this on Judge Rinder).
Guarentee, Hells would win.

let's say I invested into a company £9,000, that suddenly changed something to negatively affect me, in any possible way, I'd be getting my money back aswell.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
You could've done better by banning Hells, not posting my IP, and not insulting Piff for giving his opinion.
It was the server owner that posted your IP. we check as we always do and name the only person to use this IP as you..

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
o.0 explain, I don't watch day time tv :p

Neither do i , but i watch on youtube. DrPhill made "Cash me ousside, how bout dat?" girl famous. Kinda fits with the context

Hells to Jamie : Cash me ousside, how bout dat?
Post automatically merged:

unknown.png

Last edited:

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Duo team to get our VIP back? We could add herc but he blates just licked tais forhead to get the VIP.. soo y’no well pause his membership

No VIP slander can affect my ego tonight I’m afraid 🤷🏼‍♂️ I just hit Luck5 on Valk (0-5) in 21 benes. I’m hyped that must be a record 🏆

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
The community is so divided on this - See why we, us admins also have problems coming to agreement too?

What Hells did was shitty but the only impact was on Jamie and Zircon, not the community as a whole. He has been given Untrusted Member title. If people still want to play a server owned by someone with such reputation, then I wish them luck.

Erebus

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 16, 2017
WA, USA
Everyone here is well aware that Jamie is the top contributor to the community at present, what he’s done in terms of advancing the private servers available to us with not only his coding but his willingness to release his work to the masses can not be underestimated and if he were to step back it would be a huge blow to the community for sure.

What Hells did was wrong sure, however I get why he did it, not saying that I agree with it but I do understand his frustration, he paid a huge fee on zircon to basically dominate the server, he then felt that his money had been blown due to changes made after those donations were made. How many people have spent ridiculous hours grinding servers for nerfs/server closures etc. to render their time wasted and felt that kind of frustration, I would imagine that would be a lot more amplified after donating thousands to said server.

This is a dispute that should have been between the 2 parties involved, it should not be a community debate. I applaud Tai and the staff for remaining as neutral as possible in the situation, the easy answer would be to ban Hells, frankly it would be a much smaller loss to the community than Jamie (that’s not intended as an insult just simple fact, Jamie is a beast of a coder and shares his work) but if they were to go down such route, at what point would people get banned simply because a server owner doesn’t like a certain community member?

I hope Jamie is able to clear his head and return, he would be a huge loss to this community but at the same time I feel like everyone knows Hells, they know to tread careful when it comes to any dealings with the guy and should therefore be able to make their own judgement with his server.

Reactions: KillerMan

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Guarentee, Hells would win.

let's say I invested into a company £9,000, that suddenly changed something to negatively affect me, in any possible way, I'd be getting my money back aswell.

Hells lost a fight 1 vs 6 or something, This is why he charged back.

The Change to Firewall came after he had announced he was quitting (To do with duration/max amount at a time if i remember).

Here's the link: Server disconnected and wizzard nerfed

The server crashed and I couldn't find the cause in a reasonable amount, so I did not change anything and simply rebooted using the same version.

Anyway,

Cheers for all the memories.

Jamie

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
^ If your really having a break / quitting for good, i thank you for all your work here. Some of my best time's have been on your servers.

Marble was a game changers, your verison off Fox boss was one of the coolest bosses i've ever seen as the strat you had to use.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: Exsodius

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I m pretty sure that if wasnt Jamie the one who 'crying' , you guys would not give a **** and probably spam the thread with memes.

Also im pretty sure if Hells didnt had the money bags (insanity banners long time ago, donations, a possibility to buy one wave of lomcn emails spam), he would of been banned already.

I know we all aren't saints. And yes @Violent let's take Hells to The Ranch

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Didn't you pull a mapadale and delete everything you'd contributed as a mod? :unsure:
No that was Mask who deleted all my tutorial videos, of which I didn't consent to.
Try getting your facts right.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
What Hells did was wrong sure, however I get why he did it, not saying that I agree with it but I do understand his frustration, he paid a huge fee on zircon to basically dominate the server, he then felt that his money had been blown due to changes made after those donations were made. How many people have spent ridiculous hours grinding servers for nerfs/server closures etc. to render their time wasted and felt that kind of frustration, I would imagine that would be a lot more amplified after donating thousands to said server.
Nerfs and changes happen everywhere even on Pay2Play games.

It's all part of change, control and balance. Instead of crying people should give some constructive criticism about the changes.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
The community is so divided on this - See why we, us admins also have problems coming to agreement too?

What Hells did was shitty but the only impact was on Jamie and Zircon, not the community as a whole. He has been given Untrusted Member title. If people still want to play a server owned by someone with such reputation, then I wish them luck.
Sorry I would have to disagree. (Highlighted)

Jamie has changed the whole scene of mir2 and mir3. We have gone from Ruby/Heroes to Crystal and now Holley to Zircons source.

Whether Jamie's stays or leaves he shall be remembered for his contribution among with TheDeath, Milo etc

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Sorry I would have to disagree. (Highlighted)

Jamie has changed the whole scene of mir2 and mir3. We have gone from Ruby/Heroes to Crystal and now Holley to Zircons source.

Whether Jamie's stays or leaves he shall be remembered for his contribution among with TheDeath, Milo etc
The original incident, the recall back of money was between Jamie and Zircon, not LOMCN or the community.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
The original incident, the recall back of money was between Jamie and Zircon, not LOMCN or the community.

Here is a scenario - Player A cheats and openly exploits on Server Owner B's server, would that fall under the same "between player and server" category ? Or would it be expected of said Server owner to warn LOMCN of said player , thus LOMCN labelling said player as "untrusted".

I think what's happened is the right course and should be the practice ALL server owners & LOMCN use against certain players...sure , we are not exactly a big community but i think punishing certain players is good, i'd rather sit among a few good people over a handful of assholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.