Leave of Absence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
You forgot my name in that list, also i can hear Far's heart breaking.
Of course, there are many people who fit inside that category

The original incident, the recall back of money was between Jamie and Zircon, not LOMCN or the community.

While you are correct in that it has not effected LOMCN in a Financial way. where I disagree is that any possible future releases from Jamie have possibly gone. over actions of a conman. It's like me saying I'm going to sue BDO because they made their game F2P and making everything extremely easy. the guy enjoyed the content of Zircon but until changes were made which affected him he didn't like he tried to claim money back it doesn't work like that he purchased goods from Jamie and he received said goods.

Hells has a nerve on trying to gain money back from Jamie then try to build a server which is probably going to allow transactions on a model released by Jamie. This guy should have his name marked as untrusted but also banned from advertising any server on LOMCN.

While everyone has there own point of views I myself cannot make such judgement it has to be down to the administration of LOMCN.

Last edited:

SilvaRoberto

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
Jamie is the god father of mir , the exception to the rule you should be banning hells. without jamie there's a lot less reason to visit lomcn

phoenixdancer

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 3, 2011
Guarentee, Hells would win.

let's say I invested into a company £9,000, that suddenly changed something to negatively affect me, in any possible way, I'd be getting my money back aswell.
Hell's didn't "invest" he purchased virtually goods to improve and support his gameplay.

You are missing the point entirely. Don't claim to know how a scenario would play out when your reasoning is flawed from the offset.
Post automatically merged:

The community is so divided on this - See why we, us admins also have problems coming to agreement too?

What Hells did was shitty but the only impact was on Jamie and Zircon, not the community as a whole. He has been given Untrusted Member title. If people still want to play a server owned by someone with such reputation, then I wish them luck.
Not the community as a whole?
The fact Jamie has now decided to withdraw from said community will have a massive impact.

If your so deluded, that you cannot understand such simple concepts then I don't think you should be an administrator on such a community website.

My school students would have handled this better. Absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
As much as I understand people don't want to pick sides in debates like this, it really wasn't much of a choice. As i mentioned before, this forum has in the past had no trouble blocking people from advertising servers under certain circumstances, whether it be by files or because of the server name...I personally see no logical reason not to be blocking this specific person from advertising here when using the Zircon source....it's a very simple request, and not one that Jamie will be able to use more than once as he wouldn't have any ground to stand on should he ever opt into being petty to anyone he simply disliked.

I also very much doubt that a developmental contribution of this magnitude will ever rise again to set any "precedence" you might be worried about . The only one close to this type of contribution effort is Far...even the continued development of Crystal is not 100% his either, not that i'm stalking the code commitments or anything, but I would assume others have been adding to it?

Either way, Jamie has already withdrawn, and even taken his new Sapphire development with him from what I can tell by the Discord being completely gutted. At this point in time, his developmental contributions to this forum have ceased. His server contributions will cease when Zircon ends, whenever that will be...that is the decision that has been made...so it's time to lay it to rest I think.

Hopefully some new fancy ideas will come out of the sources we now have to play with, if not....then this is likely the future of LOMCN, lots of Hell type servers ;)

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Hell's didn't "invest" he purchased virtually goods to improve and support his gameplay.

You are missing the point entirely. Don't claim to know how a scenario would play out when your reasoning is flawed from the offset.

Not the community as a whole?
The fact Jamie has now decided to withdraw from said community will have a massive impact.

If your so deluded, that you cannot understand such simple concepts then I don't think you should be an administrator on such a community website.

My school students would have handled this better. Absolutely ridiculous.
I think you will find that all this has come to light many months after the original incident, which is what I was referring to.

Not once has Jamie come to us with a problem, until this thread, where he still did not come to us and decided to cause a massive stir instead.

Reactions: Tai

Mythra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2015
Is this a bad time to talk about the 5 Asian women tied up in your basement Jamie?

Last time I checked they were tied in his basement, illegally growing fake-carrot to flood the black market.

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017
I went to Starbucks yesterday and the guy making my coffee took a **** in the cup, when I complained to the manager he took offense and insulted me instead. I went to the same Starbucks today and found the same guy shitting in cups again, but the manager assured me it's okay because his title was changed from barista to untrusted.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I went to Starbucks yesterday and the guy making my coffee took a **** in the cup, when I complained to the manager he took offense and insulted me instead. I went to the same Starbucks today and found the same guy shitting in cups again, but the manager assured me it's okay because his title was changed from barista to untrusted.

If you're going to make an analogy (as have many people in this stupid thread) - at least get everything accurate so you don't look like an idiot.

Hells does not work for lomcn, the barista does.

If we replace the barista to become a normal customer who **** in your coffee. And then have a sign in the coffee shop that says "The staff have no involvement in rude customers". Then we get a bit more accurate.

A customer **** in your coffee, you were unhappy about it and complained to the management. The management advised they take no involvement in disputes between customers, and so won't be banning him. However they would like to warn other people that their coffee may also get **** in, so they put his photo up in the shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.