~* Legend of Mir Galaxy *~

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

YOSHIMOTO

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 10, 2014
Not totally sure about the spell cooldown, a bit off putting for me and a few others i know. Won't knock it till I've tried it tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ocelot01

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 29, 2011

Razarus

Sour Sally
Dedicated Member
Dec 6, 2013
Looks good.

Not sure if its been said or picked up on the beta feedback but have you considered the strength of some of the skills if used in groups to eradicate the cooldowns?

Just as an example, a group of 5 Taoists could keep a party "hidden" indefinitely
with the 100 second cooldown and spell duration of 20 seconds, having 5 Taoist cast Hiding 20 seconds apart would allow them to loop the skill and i'm guessing walk a full group pretty much unchallenged to most kings rooms?

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
Looks good.

Not sure if its been said or picked up on the beta feedback but have you considered the strength of some of the skills if used in groups to eradicate the cooldowns?

Just as an example, a group of 5 Taoists could keep a party "hidden" indefinitely
with the 100 second cooldown and spell duration of 20 seconds, having 5 Taoist cast Hiding 20 seconds apart would allow them to loop the skill and i'm guessing walk a full group pretty much unchallenged to most kings rooms?

well yes been taken into calculation and if u have a group of 5 tao's then u deserve to go unseen + hidden applies the cooleye , so there is still chance to be seen.

also if u have 18 taos in group u can have a person invincible non-stop .

But all taken into calculus and i doubt they will ever happen or have an impact too big , if ye then we will take measures to prevent them

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Ask for a damn subforum here now that you are going live. Will attract more users, will seem more profecional, your forum sucks di ck.

/Mitsos

Razarus

Sour Sally
Dedicated Member
Dec 6, 2013
well yes been taken into calculation and if u have a group of 5 tao's then u deserve to go unseen + hidden applies the cooleye , so there is still chance to be seen.

also if u have 18 taos in group u can have a person invincible non-stop .

But all taken into calculus and i doubt they will ever happen or have an impact too big , if ye then we will take measures to prevent them

I like it, opens up some nice combo play.
I hope you get the user base to take full advantage of the cooldown system. games really become fun when you hit "break point" and start face rolling everything.

8 wizards can perma slow any mob with icestorm on rotation. should be interesting.
good luck.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Cap maximum lvl. Cap it arround lvl60 for start while you work on higher lvls and release few lvls every couple weeks.

You should dictate the pace of server not the odd guy that never logs off then asks for updates just for himself. That way you can get some feedback on what we liked what not and update the future content accordingly. I keep saying that from day one that your server doesnt have close to enough content for lvl90 so just....CAP IT.

No soft caps and sh it. Actual cap.

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014
Cap maximum lvl. Cap it arround lvl60 for start while you work on higher lvls and release few lvls every couple weeks.

You should dictate the pace of server not the odd guy that never logs off then asks for updates just for himself. That way you can get some feedback on what we liked what not and update the future content accordingly. I keep saying that from day one that your server doesnt have close to enough content for lvl90 so just....CAP IT.

No soft caps and sh it. Actual cap.
Agreed, place a cap in game and ensure its a hard cap until the higher level content is polished; fully tested and ready to impkiment.

Allows more time to develop the current content and check for any bugs or problems that need resolving. Maintain class balance for PvE and PvP and stops the one guy who's going to hire an army of multis to level them getting too far ahead.

Also gives a really nice feeling making it to max level and working together with a team of other max levels against a boss that's 10-15 levels higher than the group are. Provides a nice challenge 😊

Very excited though can't wait for this to go live, deffo need dedicated forum space here on LoMCN should help drive interest.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014
If someone gets to the point then the server was released too early.
Theirs always one person (or a small group of them who currently play LoM) who pay to win, pay for Romanians to level their characters 24/7, constantly use cash shop items etc. They have dictated every server by throwing money at it with the threat of leaving if they don't get what they want (higher level cap and new content) the result? The awful state Chronicles is in with no PvP balance; game ruined by over gemming and luck +7 and a select few 10+ levels higher than everyone else on the server. It doesn't make the game fun to play getting steam rolled by one level 57+ player who can 1-2 hit your character.
The main reason it's such a shambles is that new content / higher level caps were thrown in to keep these P2W people playing without any real testing for balance, for anyone who's not played Chronicles for a while the new Monk class will ruin the game within the next 3-4 months.

Hopefully the Dev team here have been around the block enough to have seen what servers have done well, which have done badly and why. Thus using that knowledge to provide a great experience that's fun for everyone not just the P2W few.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Just keep in mind we are talking about a 15yr old game with tiny community and most of us are not 13yr old anymore and got jobs and obligations. That doesnt mean much and might sound biased of course but there isnt a worse feeling than logging on and not being able to catch up EVER.

Also having a purpose other than lvling for the sake of it makes it easier and less stressful since you can take your time reaching that max lvl while enjoying the server instead of rushing rushing rushing. Especially on this servers with the perks every class gets while leveling(spells are automaticly given and not dropped) and with all classes being able to lvl at same ish speed with groups or solo is it really necessary to have couple no-lifers 10lvls ahead from rest of server with 2spells more than anyone else?

Every mmorpg has solved that with lvl caps. Are they wrong and just the 100ppl left playing mir are the right ones?

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
What is the expected user count 100+ / 200+ ?

A user count this high would amazing don't get us wrong and we would be proud to have this type of user count but we don't have high expectations or going to carried away so long as there is 50+ users interested in our server then we are happy to host a Mir server for them to enjoy playing. If we achieve that then our goal has been achieved.

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014
at start i would reckon about 50+ then about couple of days/weeks about 150+

Theirs about 8-10 of us from my current guild going to give it a try, possibly more will follow?

A lot of people struggle to give up what they currently have on other servers is the problem, so the game has to offer something totally new to draw long term players of one server away. Thankfully at the moment the Mir market is pretty stale, shouldn't be overly difficult to drill up some noise and get more people interested in this server.

I for one intend on at least trying to do a few YouTube videos showing the different features so that its easier to show others/get them hyped and interested.

Once the ball starts rolling and assuming the server is lag free I could see a user count of 100+ easily.

---------- Post Merged at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:00 PM ----------

Ask for a damn subforum here now that you are going live. Will attract more users, will seem more profecional, your forum sucks di ck.

/Mitsos

The forums are fine after a few tweaks

http://www.lomgn.co.uk/forum/area

Go to the main section for Galaxy, scroll right down to the bottom and change from Green Fox (which is dark, awful and makes the whole website very very difficult to read) to Cool Blue :watermelon: much easier on the eyes! After all it still uses vBulletin so in essence they are exactly the same as these forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.