.:: Meteora 2.3 ::.

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Dookie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2004
I'm thinking between 4 and 8x euro exp, i'm not sure yet. I've left it open in the way i've created the items so the level 50 kit isn't called Meteora kit, so this gives us room to add extra items.

As for when it will be up, give it a 2 months at the minimum, this thread was more for drumming up a bit of intrest/support in the project rather than making people aware of it's release. I am in the middle of my uni exams at the moment so the time i have to work on the server is very restricted.

*Pokes deano in the eye*

-Dookie

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
low rate = standard lvl40 ye?
med rate is like standard lvl60-80 ish
high rate standard is like 120+ or w/e
(by standard i mean like... takes a week or 2 geekin)

thats my opion ne way... not rly much of a diff between his server and a low rate from wot it sounds like

I don't understand what you mean by 'standard level *'.

4x-8x exp is very high when compared to Euromir. I see nothing wrong with having something low rate. More fulfilling when you level rather than levelling like 5 levels a day or something.

Wonders

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 16, 2004
Far Far Away
This server sounds pritty damn swish, and at last i have reached my 100 post mark, yet again, ive gott stop quiting mir!

Dookie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2004

4x-8x exp is very high when compared to Euromir. I see nothing wrong with having something low rate. More fulfilling when you level rather than levelling like 5 levels a day or something.

I'm with you on this one dude, after all a level is only a number. Whether it be 50 or 200, your still going to be one of the best on the server, be able to kill the best things, get the best kit, etc. But unfortunately i believe if we have the server as too low rate it won’t get the players it deserves such is the mentality of private server players these days. Shame really.

-Dookie

Archa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Bristol ,England
low term for the win tbh. high servers to overated, and just gets boring, when u just see those lvls shooting by. low exp. always better. community may be small, but its for the true players of mir, who don't mind a new challange. server sounds spot on and wish u all the luck for it. be on there when its all done and dusted. also gl Dookie for those exams. also u seen wisewarrior anywhere reacently? he kinda vanished lol.

anyways, yet again. good luck guys.

/Darkunit

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
I'm with you on this one dude, after all a level is only a number. Whether it be 50 or 200, your still going to be one of the best on the server, be able to kill the best things, get the best kit, etc. But unfortunately i believe if we have the server as too low rate it won’t get the players it deserves such is the mentality of private server players these days. Shame really.

-Dookie
feel like uve acomplished more when uve been lvlin for 1hour and uve gained say 2-3 lvls... rather than gainin say 25%.

ppl say low rate last longer than high rate...thats utter bull**** tbh.
max lvl is like 65k or w/e.... high rate servers last long as the host is dedicated and is constnatly addin new items new stuff etc... msot high rate servers have not died from lack of things 2 do, or from reachin limits... its died from the host given up/corruption/nothing new added etc etc.. same reason all servers die.

theres no difference in the life span between high+low rate servers if u put the effort it... just that high rate r more fun

put it this way, we all know high rate servers get more interest and more players... as long as at some point u do slow the lvlin down abit+ start makin certain items rare, and are constantly addin new things and stay dedicated 2 the server i garuntee u server will last just as long with a high user count (kinda like torozor... its piss lvlin but at 182 then agian at 201 it gets harder 2 lvl, but again not 2 hard for it not 2 be a high stat server, where at 201+ u do like 2 lvls a day)

and well if u still think im wrong about the high rate servers... at least make the start level pretty high like 30 odd... as lets face it, there is NO FUN in being a noob lol

ye kinda confused myself there a lil 2 lol. wot i mean is like... standard lvl of euro is like 40-42 ish.. basically when u stop becomin a noob and start becomin a proper player (if that makes sense) :p

Last edited:

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
i always think its better to advertise a server when its real close to coming out instead of advertiseing it then not bringing it out for ages becuase people lose interest

madmanmc

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 19, 2006
Server sounds very good keep up the good work lind (Y). bon do u complain about every server ;) Just wait and play it and i bet it will make all these outha servers look like ****.

Dookie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2004
i always think its better to advertise a server when its real close to coming out instead of advertiseing it then not bringing it out for ages becuase people lose interest

Yea but this thread was more about getting feed back, and to see what people wanted. It's been quite helpful in placing the Exp rate atm.

Anymore suggestions welcome.

-Dookie

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
feel like uve acomplished more when uve been lvlin for 1hour and uve gained say 2-3 lvls... rather than gainin say 25%.

I'd be much happier with 25% cos then I know I only have 75% more to go until I level, and I am much more satisfied. I can also get the most of my level, and not level 3 times in an hour and miss out on getting items and skills which would help me when I start to level again. Also, for me anyway, levelling 1 level as opposed to levelling on a high rate server is much more fulfilling. I know if I am like 40+ on a low rate server and the person closest to me is 33 then I know they won't catch me in a night and so there is no strain to level put on me. Not the same on a high rate.

Bon said:
ppl say low rate last longer than high rate...thats utter bull**** tbh.
max lvl is like 65k or w/e.... high rate servers last long as the host is dedicated and is constnatly addin new items new stuff etc... msot high rate servers have not died from lack of things 2 do, or from reachin limits... its died from the host given up/corruption/nothing new added etc etc.. same reason all servers die.

They both last the same amount of time if the host is dedicated. On a server like this, everything is new/renamed so it appears new from level 1 as far as I know; therefore more fun to explore and find new things.

Bon said:
theres no difference in the life span between high+low rate servers if u put the effort it... just that high rate r more fun

What makes high rate more fun?

Bon said:
put it this way, we all know high rate servers get more interest and more players...

No we don't all know that, as it isn't the case. There was a lot of hype over DC, as there will be a lot of hype over this. Also with other low-rate servers there has been a lot of hype.

Bon said:
as long as at some point u do slow the lvlin down abit+ start makin certain items rare

I just don't see the point in super fast levelling and then it goes slow and things go rare. Keep it slow-medium and keep things rare all the way so no-one complains about 'LOL IT'S TOO FOCKING SLOW' etc.

Bon said:
and are constantly addin new things

There's no need to constantly add new things if you have planned all the way up to level 50 and it's low rate, as no-one is gonna reach 50 for a while; which puts less stress on the server owner to add new things which is better for the server.

Bon said:
and stay dedicated 2 the server i garuntee u server will last just as long with a high user count (kinda like torozor... its piss lvlin but at 182 then agian at 201 it gets harder 2 lvl, but again not 2 hard for it not 2 be a high stat server, where at 201+ u do like 2 lvls a day)

Nothing much to say about that. Nothing really proven there.

Bon said:
and well if u still think im wrong about the high rate servers... at least make the start level pretty high like 30 odd... as lets face it, there is NO FUN in being a noob lol

There is fun in being a noob. Exploring, huge noob hunts, low level quests etc. Learning about the server. And he won't make it 30 odd. There's no point. Low-rate high level is say 50. So you only have 20 levels to go. And there's no need for level 1-30 which is a huge amount of levels to just dismiss.

Dookie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2004
Start level will be the same as Meteora 1.9 - Level 17. That way your big enough to look after yourself if you don't like group hunting but also have still got quite a lot of work to do.

-Dookie

mutatedkbass

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Veteran
Jul 4, 2004
Aimed at Bon - Either way man i think it should be low-medium rate as we originally planned it, Want real mir players :P

But honestly if you dont want to do leveling there are plenty of things to keep you occupied with your profession (job) and religion.

Just broaden your horizons

/Curt
:P

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
They both last the same amount of time if the host is dedicated. On a server like this, everything is new/renamed so it appears new from level 1 as far as I know; therefore more fun to explore and find new things.

What makes high rate more fun?

No we don't all know that, as it isn't the case. There was a lot of hype over DC, as there will be a lot of hype over this. Also with other low-rate servers there has been a lot of hype.

I just don't see the point in super fast levelling and then it goes slow and things go rare. Keep it slow-medium and keep things rare all the way so no-one complains about 'LOL IT'S TOO FOCKING SLOW' etc.

There's no need to constantly add new things if you have planned all the way up to level 50 and it's low rate, as no-one is gonna reach 50 for a while; which puts less stress on the server owner to add new things which is better for the server.

There is fun in being a noob. Exploring, huge noob hunts, low level quests etc. Learning about the server. And he won't make it 30 odd. There's no point. Low-rate high level is say 50. So you only have 20 levels to go. And there's no need for level 1-30 which is a huge amount of levels to just dismiss.[/quote]
lol well, its each to there own, some will agree with me, some will agree with u... maybe u should do a poll see wot majority of forums prefers :P

high rate is more fun (again this is just a persons opion, theres not much i can say rly 2 prove that 1 is better than the other) because u have new and different stats which is a new experience to plain old boring euro copy. boss's are more of a challange, so is fightin. reason i say that is cause on high stat servers u have instant pots.... so if ur killin a hard boss and it rly hurts (which it should) u have 2 concentrate and make sure ur constnatly clickin away at them pots, sometimes fast as poss 2 stay alive... basically the better the potter u r the better chance u have of stayin alive.
where as on a low stat server with normal pots... all u do is click, sit w8 and watch ur HP slowly go up or down lol... yawn boring =x not many boss's on low stat will like 2hit u really quick, as it wont be killed with norm pots, unlike high stat where u would get them kinda boss's
i know thats abit of a reason thro, may even be a bit complicated, but thats my opion of why high stat servers r more exciting and fun...

I'd be much happier with 25% cos then I know I only have 75% more to go until I level, and I am much more satisfied. I can also get the most of my level, and not level 3 times in an hour and miss out on getting items and skills which would help me when I start to level again. Also, for me anyway, levelling 1 level as opposed to levelling on a high rate server is much more fulfilling. I know if I am like 40+ on a low rate server and the person closest to me is 33 then I know they won't catch me in a night and so there is no strain to level put on me. Not the same on a high rate.
soz but being a noob and hititn a mob 1/7 hits is not fun..its boring as fk lol. u can learn about the server at any lvl, torozor for example i been learnin about the server from lvl0>209, as i said as long as thres new things and lots of things it'll be good.
as for the bit about 40+ and knowin a 33+ wont be able 2 catch u, theres no point in a comment like that, as its exactly the same as on a high rate server, just the gap will be different... like on say torozor if im lvl200 i know a lvl180 wont over take me in a nite so there is no strain to level put on me as u put it.

ah ye also... wot do u get when u get 1 level? about +6hp and +25mp(on a wiz)... wot would u get if u did 5 levels in the time it took u 2 do 1? about +30hp and +125mp.... its more of an acomplishment as i said.. the rewards for lvlin on mir these days r a lil **** in terms of stat increases. only thing 2 lvl for is items+fact ur higher than some1.

Aimed at Bon - Either way man i think it should be low-medium rate as we originally planned it, Want real mir players

But honestly if you dont want to do leveling there are plenty of things to keep you occupied with your profession (job) and religion.

Just broaden your horizons

/Curt

wot u mean by the profession and religion? u sayin theres other ways 2 level rather than goin around like normal killin mobs?

i dont really mind playin a low ish exp server.. just its so **** and boring as a noob, supose lvl17 aint that bad a start lvl =/ should at least make it 22 tho :P

i can do real lvlin done a lvl48 wiz on euro -_-

Last edited:

mutatedkbass

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Veteran
Jul 4, 2004
Yeh this server includes Jobs & Religions, both have there benefits. Cause each religion and job have access to certain places and certain features in the game. That others may not have! And the leveling may come across as slow, but so much more has been inputted into this server to keep you occupied. As you will hear nearer the time of release!

End of the day its not one of them servers, where all the 20 - 30's will be in one cave and so on. There are alot more places to level than the one's you will see at the start. Some people may find more hidden caves than others, which will therefore give them a slight advantage.

Now I reckon that works well, because most people hate starting a server where there are tons of high players already on it, but with this server some of the new people could find hidden caves that none of the higher levels have. They can then use this to there advantage and catch up!

Sorry for the long essay, we just want to bring some positive comments from you.

/Joey

Last edited:

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
i said id play from the start and i still will. Good luck with server guys. all the best

OmenLom/

EDIT: oooo i dident see the religion thing. Well done it sounds like an awsome feature :)

Will this be used as ranking ?

Last edited:

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
lol well, its each to there own, some will agree with me, some will agree with u... maybe u should do a poll see wot majority of forums prefers :P

Nah we should just leave it with what the server maker prefers. It's his server and he can live with the consequences of his actions, whether they are bad choices or not.

high rate is more fun (again this is just a persons opion, theres not much i can say rly 2 prove that 1 is better than the other) because u have new and different stats which is a new experience to plain old boring euro copy.

This isn't a Euro copy at all. It's extremely different. Just reading what the server contains shows that.

boss's are more of a challange, so is fightin.

HAHA. Killing a boss with 1000DC+ is easier than killing a boss with max 100DC+. It's definitely more of a challenge on low stat. Definitely.

reason i say that is cause on high stat servers u have instant pots.... so if ur killin a hard boss and it rly hurts (which it should) u have 2 concentrate and make sure ur constnatly clickin away at them pots, sometimes fast as poss 2 stay alive... basically the better the potter u r the better chance u have of stayin alive.

There's no strategy with instant pots. It's click like a retard constantly. At least with non-instant pots you actually have the chance of dying. And pot timing comes into it too. And having to concentrate on what the boss is doing which is the main part of killing the boss as opposed to potting like a *****.

where as on a low stat server with normal pots... all u do is click, sit w8 and watch ur HP slowly go up or down lol... yawn boring =x

Sorry to sound like an idiot but I find sitting there repetitively clicking more boring than actually fighting a boss.

not many boss's on low stat will like 2hit u really quick, as it wont be killed with norm pots, unlike high stat where u would get them kinda boss's

So what if a boss can't 2 hit you really quick? I don't see how that makes high rate better than low rate...

soz but being a noob and hititn a mob 1/7 hits is not fun..its boring as fk lol.

Yes, because being a noob is ALL about hitting a mob. You learn everything from a server by just hitting mobs. Hoorah!

u can learn about the server at any lvl, torozor for example i been learnin about the server from lvl0>209, as i said as long as thres new things and lots of things it'll be good.

Yes you can learn about the server at any level. So why remove levels? More levels there are, the more there is to learn and the more there is to get and do.

as for the bit about 40+ and knowin a 33+ wont be able 2 catch u, theres no point in a comment like that, as its exactly the same as on a high rate server, just the gap will be different... like on say torozor if im lvl200 i know a lvl180 wont over take me in a nite so there is no strain to level put on me as u put it.

If you level 5 levels in the time it takes you to do one level (as you state before) then I imagine it's extremely easy to catch someone.

ah ye also... wot do u get when u get 1 level? about +6hp and +25mp(on a wiz)... wot would u get if u did 5 levels in the time it took u 2 do 1? about +30hp and +125mp.... its more of an acomplishment as i said..

More items. New skills. The ability to go to new places. Whatever the server owner wants you to have. You know nothing of what the server contains item wise or hunting area wise, but you say the only reward is a stat increase...yeah.

the rewards for lvlin on mir these days r a lil **** in terms of stat increases. only thing 2 lvl for is items+fact ur higher than some1.

Only on high stat servers with one kit every 10 levels :)

wot u mean by the profession and religion? u sayin theres other ways 2 level rather than goin around like normal killin mobs?

i dont really mind playin a low ish exp server.. just its so **** and boring as a noob, supose lvl17 aint that bad a start lvl =/ should at least make it 22 tho :P

i can do real lvlin done a lvl48 wiz on euro -_-

On the old Meteora the religions were packed with quests which is another way to level. Level 17 is fine as you don't know what level 17 holds in terms of levels and skills. Why make it level 22? What is so special about level 22? You don't know. I don't know. Only Lind knows. So let's leave it that way until we go ingame and start at level 17.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Nah we should just leave it with what the server maker prefers. It's his server and he can live with the consequences of his actions, whether they are bad choices or not..
ok then

This isn't a Euro copy at all. It's extremely different. Just reading what the server contains shows that..
i never said it was

HAHA. Killing a boss with 1000DC+ is easier than killing a boss with max 100DC+. It's definitely more of a challenge on low stat. Definitely.
read the whole thing 1st? i said killin a boss that cains so much u have 2 use instant pots fast as fk is more of a challange that hittin it and lettin normal pots regene u slowly and boring

There's no strategy with instant pots. It's click like a retard constantly. At least with non-instant pots you actually have the chance of dying. And pot timing comes into it too. And having to concentrate on what the boss is doing which is the main part of killing the boss as opposed to potting like a *****...
lol thats stupid as fk... u can die against boss's with instant pots... probably more than w/o... boss's w/o instant wont hurt as much, so kill u in less hits, so less likely 2 hit u. high stat boss's hurt more so kill u quicker and easier. pot timin does fk all with normal pots...

Sorry to sound like an idiot but I find sitting there repetitively clicking more boring than actually fighting a boss...
lol? thats stupid, as it depends wot the boss is.... and wot class ur on... if ur a war u wack it and click pots, if its a wiz u trap it then bolt and pot.. so dont rly understand wot u meant by that comment...

So what if a boss can't 2 hit you really quick? I don't see how that makes high rate better than low rate... ..
goin up against a boss is hard and can kill u really easy is alot more exciting and fun than goin up against a boss that is piss easy and kills u in about 10... the more replys i read from u i think ur an idiot lol

Yes, because being a noob is ALL about hitting a mob. You learn everything from a server by just hitting mobs. Hoorah!..
i was referin 2 level... and yes, being a noob with acc5 and tryin 2 hit mobs, hitin once every 7 hits, is boring as fk.

Yes you can learn about the server at any level. So why remove levels? More levels there are, the more there is to learn and the more there is to get and do...
dont rly understand that comment but still...

If you level 5 levels in the time it takes you to do one level (as you state before) then I imagine it's extremely easy to catch someone...
omg i think ur just tryin 2 find ne excuse 2 try and argue with me now lol... u know full well i aint given exact proportions of levels and %'s etc.. there just EXAMPLES.

More items. New skills. The ability to go to new places. Whatever the server owner wants you to have. You know nothing of what the server contains item wise or hunting area wise, but you say the only reward is a stat increase...yeah...
oh plz shut up ur totaly missin the point.

Only on high stat servers with one kit every 10 levels :)..
fs wot is with u? ye high stat servers every 5-10 lvls.. low stat have kits every 2-3 levels.. its all the same i dunno wot ur tryin 2 get at

On the old Meteora the religions were packed with quests which is another way to level. Level 17 is fine as you don't know what level 17 holds in terms of levels and skills. Why make it level 22? What is so special about level 22? You don't know. I don't know. Only Lind knows. So let's leave it that way until we go ingame and start at level 17.
ive come 2 the conclusion ur a plank, quotein and spacin out everything i say 2 make some long stupid ass post. and arguein with me at ne silly thing possible

end of the day, u have ur opinion, i have mine... stop flaming my opinion as i dont give a fk wot u think.

oh and btw, stop quotein like that.. as its stupid as fk... and half the time u comment on wot i say, makes no sense at all, as uve only quoted half wot im sayin and not read the whole thing.

Yeh this server includes Jobs & Religions, both have there benefits. Cause each religion and job have access to certain places and certain features in the game. That others may not have! And the leveling may come across as slow, but so much more has been inputted into this server to keep you occupied. As you will hear nearer the time of release!

End of the day its not one of them servers, where all the 20 - 30's will be in one cave and so on. There are alot more places to level than the one's you will see at the start. Some people may find more hidden caves than others, which will therefore give them a slight advantage.

Now I reckon that works well, because most people hate starting a server where there are tons of high players already on it, but with this server some of the new people could find hidden caves that none of the higher levels have. They can then use this to there advantage and catch up!

Sorry for the long essay, we just want to bring some positive comments from you.

/Joey

well that does sound pretty good... like i said ill defo be given server a try even if i aint too kean on the low exp idea ;)

Last edited: