Rejected MIR420

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
I think there's a clear difference between IceMan releasing his files publicly on lomcn (without knowledge of the other team members) - of which they were removed at the time because of how they were released, but not policed for servers using them because all members agreed they don't actually care.

And the new files of IceMans which were "stolen" and not released by IceMan at all publicly .
i completely agree there is a difference, except iceman has stated that he was going to release the HA files when he was done and has now said hes done and is going to on to make alcohol.

Does this now mean HA servers are allowed to be advertise don LOMCN?

taken from the LOMCN mir 2 servers discord.

1617109313490.png
1617109342569.png
1617109366836.png
1617109377963.png

EE also had a GM command in it that would wipe the drive the server was installed on, IIRC. Purposly put in place to remove the server from anyone who had stolen it. So its possible HA also has the same in it.

• Wow
Reactions: zedina

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I have been in talks with ice about preparing the server for public release. Wiping account database, cleaning the logs and reports etc.

At the end of the day it’s obviously up to ice to release his files. I personally think they are good files. He’s spent a lot of time and money into them regardless of some people trying to crap on the files. Work has been done and money has been paid into the development of the files.

I hope to see a public release.

The only issue is ice is worried about people using the files to create pump and dump servers. I wonder if it would be a good idea to maybe wipe the drop folder clean, scale back the item database back to Crystal release. Will allow players to still have any advantages that these files provide however still means people would need to put work into them. (Hopefuly keep cash cows away)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
i completely agree there is a difference, except iceman has stated that he was going to release the HA files when he was done and has now said hes done and is going to on to make alcohol.

Does this now mean HA servers are allowed to be advertise don LOMCN?

taken from the LOMCN mir 2 servers discord.

View attachment 25115
View attachment 25116
View attachment 25117
View attachment 25118

EE also had a GM command in it that would wipe the drive the server was installed on, IIRC. Purposly put in place to remove the server from anyone who had stolen it. So its possible HA also has the same in it.

Iceman definately watches too many "Moonshiners" from the Discovery Chanel

Reactions: IceMan

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
What mash are you using bro?
Bourbon / Gin or Liquor ?
Starting with a corn mash first to learn.

Reactions: zedina

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Starting with a corn mash first to learn.

thats cute, you got a kids stil kit!

Reactions: Jev

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
im not trying to be confrontational or argumentative, and im not confused. im looking at this as a neutral party and a member of this forum.

it just doesnt make sense to me that THIS server was rejected because its icemans files and he said they were stolen. yet LOMCN would take down files released by a member of a 3 man collaboration and not police the servers that were made by the release.

if Milo released the Chronicles Source, and LCD said no i dont want them used, your not telling me LOMCN would then ALLOW people to advertise servers using the Chronicles Source. any server with a hint of using that source would be rejected and the person in question banned. Tell me im wrong?
I'm all for Chronicles source being released 🙌 **** LCD!

This particular thread opens up loop holes in the way LOMCN allows servers to be advertised. it should be ONE rule for everyone.

If EE files are banned (which i think they should be) then LOMCN should also ban anyone advertising using them and also reject the server.

They're not banned. As I said the release was deleted but we never agreed to police the use of them nor did anybody ask us to. Your opinion on the matter is neither here nor there cos you weren't anything to do with EE.
You like to tell people that dont see your opinion as being confused Tai, im not confused, your forum rules are confusing and not consistant.

All the evidence presented here has been in the form of CLIENT evidence, and from my past experience with yourself and other moderators. You allow the ripping of clients as fair game. so a screenshot of ingame client evidence is moot

View attachment 25114
infact even the clients directory could be altered to "appear" to be Heroes files.

Wah? Are you suggesting we downloaded the files from the OP and altered the contents to incriminate him :D

• Wow
Reactions: Sanjian and zedina

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
I'm all for Chronicles source being released 🙌 **** LCD!

They're not banned. As I said the release was deleted but we never agreed to police the use of them nor did anybody ask us to. Your opinion on the matter is neither here nor there cos you weren't anything to do with EE.

Wah? Are you suggesting we downloaded the files from the OP and altered the contents to incriminate him :D
no i was being hypothetical (yes im aware pathetic is in it)

im just saying as a forum user i found it confusing why the server was rejected and EE files were not, but now im aware of the actual details i can see your position.

Reactions: Wummy

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
if Milo released the Chronicles Source, and LCD said no i dont want them used, your not telling me LOMCN would then ALLOW people to advertise servers using the Chronicles Source. any server with a hint of using that source would be rejected and the person in question banned. Tell me im wrong?

@MiloFoxburr explain yourself!

trippie121

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2017
nice one on rejecting this server tia that jev is a doggie **** ide never trust him, he had been blaming me for weeks over these leaked file's, telling everyone it was me who handed them over to connor , ive been asking for a screenshot for days now of me passing these on discsord..when i seen this post today i was expecting my name mentioned, but nope now look the story has changed,the plot thickens he is the one who handed these out,not ' leaked on his disc ' i dont know how john trusts this guy still, i still have john's files here, zipped up and packed away on a usb,which he know's and no body will ever get off me, even if ice post's them,, there his files no1 elses i have respect for that 100%,, not like half the kid's on here who have no morals and open a cash cow server with all his work

p.s im sure john has 100% trust in me, well ide like to think so, as we have worked together many years ago in 2.3 days

TrIpPiEtAcKiE

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
So iceman handed his files out to 2 separate people, and each of them is now claiming the other handed them out.

This is juicy.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
I’ve got it all wrong signing up to all these betas recently hoping to see some juicy action...it appears the Lomcn forum is the place to go for PvP action these days 👍🏻🎈

Reactions: sweetfa
Status
Not open for further replies.