MoonX Mir 3 - Coming Soon™

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
I think I read that it should be up this month but these things do tend to run over.

Regardless I'd guess the PVP balancing and testing is going to be done at weekend some people do work ya know or have other commitments so my guess is it's getting them all on at the same time that could be slowing things down.

As for no response from Mythra can you blame him he probably doesn't wanna have to keep saying it will be done when its done. I'm not even on the discord and I bet he is getting pestered constantly with people asking him is it done yet.

So we all just need to chill and wait, Ya not the only ones who are bored and want to play a decent sounding server. :p

pijakus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 6, 2011
Poland
excuse me but I think it will not rise ... every moment some translation that here he is sick that here is that ;] And once again, he will not keep his word? nothing new

dazzaboi90

LOMCN Member
Dec 31, 2018
Nottingham
I think I read that it should be up this month but these things do tend to run over.

Regardless I'd guess the PVP balancing and testing is going to be done at weekend some people do work ya know or have other commitments so my guess is it's getting them all on at the same time that could be slowing things down.

As for no response from Mythra can you blame him he probably doesn't wanna have to keep saying it will be done when its done. I'm not even on the discord and I bet he is getting pestered constantly with people asking him is it done yet.

So we all just need to chill and wait, Ya not the only ones who are bored and want to play a decent sounding server. :p

I don’t think I personally have put anything other than saying the same and agreeing with what you have said but I do get that others seem to be impatient ... what I would say though is they shouldn’t give estimates etc because people tend to take that as an actual release date ( again they shouldn’t ) I couldn’t care how long it takes providing it’s a decent stable server when it is up

HalonX

LOMCN Member
Jan 28, 2019
I would like it up now to have a bash but I can wait cause prefer to play a stable decent server that will keep you entertained longer than a shitty unstable server that keeps messing up

Mythra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2015
Closed beta reports:

1. Warrior point of view VS:

Wizard
  • If they're higher level then you're going to struggle, specially in 1v1 and no one is interrupting wizards.
  • If you catch them then they can very easily die depending on the gear of both parties, if you're lucky to stun him then they're likely to die.
  • They're much easier to deal with in small scale PvP where they're unlikely to be at full HP at all times and Geo might be on CD.
Assassin
  • Depends on skill level, gear and luck. I've noticed warriors have an easier time but that was because the skill gap between players was considerable.. further feedback required.
Warrior
  • If equally skilled, the one with higher level > better gear wins.
2. Wizard point of view VS:

Wizard.
  • Same as warriors. If equally skilled, the one with higher level > better gear wins. ADV is king here.
Warrior.
  • In 1v1, as long as you're higher level you should be fine if you're careful.
  • If there are multiple enemy players and you're getting hit often then you have to watch your back or you're dead (this is specially true if there is a higher level warrior)
Assassins
  • If 1v1 you always have the advantage unless he's higher level than you. Can always be a threat to you, specially if they get lucky with critical strikes and stuns however if they catch you by surprise you're likely to die.
  • In mass PvP they're the bane of your existance. The Wiz can be very OP in group PvP but now that Dance of Swallow and Beckon have 8s CD, if they have a designated Assassin on you and you're not on full HP you're going to die if your group doesn't focus the assassins.
3. Assassin point of view VS:

Warrior.
  • Same as mentioned before, skill, level and gear are the diciding factor but overall warriors appeared to have an easier time.
Assassin.
  • Same as every mirror match. Higher level, better gear wins.
Assassins.
  • Pretty much what I said on the wizs point of view. In 1v1 it's very ocassional but you're a must in mass PvP because you have the best tools to deal with wizards, specially if supported by another ranged char hitting the wizard to soften them up.
4. Taos.

Taos lack damage right now, in 1v1 they have a hard time against wizards and warriors due to lack of damage (specially if they're lower level)

I plan to:
- Increase the damage of Demon Explosion. As of now it's a threat but not as much as it should be (somewhere between +30% to +50%)
- Increase the damage of Infection, feels like a slightly stronger version of pois (about +100%)
- Increase the damage of Explosive Talisman and Evil Slayer (about +30%)
* This increase of damage is PvP only.

To be honest... each class has its advantages and weaknesses. As of now there's not a single class that can rule them all, specially in small scale PvP now that Beckon and Dance of Swallow have 8s CD as such everyone has a counter. Further changes are required but except the taos that need a buff everything is somewhat acceptable.

P.S: I've been quite silent because dealing with fatigue was much harsher I expected. Keep in mind that I have a regular job and we've been working so hard on this that there were nights I barely sleept 3h at best and this has been going on for more than a month... obviously I ended up overworking myself pretty badly and when I got back up on my feet I'd rather spend time working on the server than dealing with the huge amount of PMs in both Discord and forum.

Last edited:

Mythra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2015
Not OP but dangerous. I don't want taos to be sitting far away from the action because of fear of getting destroyed by some pesky melee. Taos are a key member of every group pvp and they're going to get focused down a lot so I want them to have tools to deal with warriors and assasins and for that they need moderate ranged damage (Evil Slayer and Talisman Explosion) while the Demon Explosion is the "I dare you touch me" button to blow up melees who get too close. All in all... taos have a lot of support skills but that doesn't mean they're supposed to be some weak kitten up for the taking.

6am... this is exactly why I fell ill, fml I never learn!

Amrod

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
poland
lo and thx for some info :) so i understund war not must have 2x more dc that sin for kill him ?:P u was change with it somthing ?:P

pijakus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 6, 2011
Poland
another server where sin will be op... damage after 40 mil . I hope you changed it ;] in monsters too hits xxx mil per massacre ;)

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
@Mythra Could you also take a look at Greater Explosive Talisman For a level 49 spell it Never got any use on any server because it always does less than Explosive Talisman, Evil Slayer and most Taoist go Holy because it effects Healing spells.

So just like I recommended making different elements useful in different areas so all Wizard spells see a bit of use could you maybe do something Similar with Taoists Explosive Talisman, and Greater Explosive Talisman. E.g Making sure different Elemental Talisman do different elemental damage and maybe buff Greater so it's a little better than the level 17 and 18 spells.

You could also do this with the Elemental stones as well which would add a new mechanic to gearing up for PVP/PVE as it's hard to cover every elemental advantage and it would make disadvantage on items a bigger issue.

As for the Assassin once Players reach Comfort 20 and melee are always healing max from LS Warriors tended to take over in PVP at least on Zircon, and he has weakened them against bosses which lets be honest was the main reason a Lot of players played an assassin on Zircon.

Also question got a couple of questions on infection.

Can it still Crit? (mainly as it can do on Korean and if your using Crit PVE on any gear it should effect all the spells not just some of them)
Does it's damage still scale based off SC? (E.G if you have 500-500 SC it will do 500 damage a tick unless it crits)

Just checked notes on main page seen that you changed infections damage before because they were levelling faster than other classes.

I would like to say this Infection does speed up levelling as a Taoist a bit more so on Zircon than it does on Korean but that is because the Maps have a lot more monsters on them and they are not spread out. If they were Taoists would be levelling slower than the other 3 classes and it is a level 65 spell.

Then there is Luck to take into account the reason Taoists started to kill a lot faster than the other classes wasn't just crowded maps because everyone could reach max Luck it made spell casters in general a lot stronger. Melee also benefited from it too but not to the degree that a Wizard who uses Tempest or a Taoist that uses Infection could though.

They also level the slowest out of every class 1-65 and even on Zircon I could out level most players on my Wizard or my Assassin. So as long as Luck 10 is hard to obtain and maps aren't overcrowded or have the monsters spread out I think that it should be fine dealing damage based of SC. E.g 500-500 SC would deal 500 damage unless it Critically hit. On Korean I've seen a Taoists Infection ticking for 500+ and 800+ on a critical hit.

So basically what I'm saying is Infection was fine It was Luck 10 and Overcrowded maps that made Taoist able to level slightly faster than melee. Also I was told by a Korean player that the Spell translates to Contagion and that the Single Target version that works on bosses/subs is called Infection. Which makes sense given the Definition of Contagion "a disease spread by close contact".

Last edited:

dazzaboi90

LOMCN Member
Dec 31, 2018
Nottingham
well I’m sure I speak on behalf of everyone in saying that we appreciate the commitment that you have that’s clear to see , be looking forward to playing :)

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Closed beta reports:

1. Warrior point of view VS:

Wizard
  • If they're higher level then you're going to struggle, specially in 1v1 and no one is interrupting wizards.
  • If you catch them then they can very easily die depending on the gear of both parties, if you're lucky to stun him then they're likely to die.
  • They're much easier to deal with in small scale PvP where they're unlikely to be at full HP at all times and Geo might be on CD.
Assassin
  • Depends on skill level, gear and luck. I've noticed warriors have an easier time but that was because the skill gap between players was considerable.. further feedback required.
Warrior
  • If equally skilled, the one with higher level > better gear wins.
2. Wizard point of view VS:

Wizard.
  • Same as warriors. If equally skilled, the one with higher level > better gear wins. ADV is king here.
Warrior.
  • In 1v1, as long as you're higher level you should be fine if you're careful.
  • If there are multiple enemy players and you're getting hit often then you have to watch your back or you're dead (this is specially true if there is a higher level warrior)
Assassins
  • If 1v1 you always have the advantage unless he's higher level than you. Can always be a threat to you, specially if they get lucky with critical strikes and stuns however if they catch you by surprise you're likely to die.
  • In mass PvP they're the bane of your existance. The Wiz can be very OP in group PvP but now that Dance of Swallow and Beckon have 8s CD, if they have a designated Assassin on you and you're not on full HP you're going to die if your group doesn't focus the assassins.
3. Assassin point of view VS:

Warrior.
  • Same as mentioned before, skill, level and gear are the diciding factor but overall warriors appeared to have an easier time.
Assassin.
  • Same as every mirror match. Higher level, better gear wins.
Assassins.
  • Pretty much what I said on the wizs point of view. In 1v1 it's very ocassional but you're a must in mass PvP because you have the best tools to deal with wizards, specially if supported by another ranged char hitting the wizard to soften them up.
4. Taos.

Taos lack damage right now, in 1v1 they have a hard time against wizards and warriors due to lack of damage (specially if they're lower level)

I plan to:
- Increase the damage of Demon Explosion. As of now it's a threat but not as much as it should be (somewhere between +30% to +50%)
- Increase the damage of Infection, feels like a slightly stronger version of pois (about +100%)
- Increase the damage of Explosive Talisman and Evil Slayer (about +30%)
* This increase of damage is PvP only.

To be honest... each class has its advantages and weaknesses. As of now there's not a single class that can rule them all, specially in small scale PvP now that Beckon and Dance of Swallow have 8s CD as such everyone has a counter. Further changes are required but except the taos that need a buff everything is somewhat acceptable.

P.S: I've been quite silent because dealing with fatigue was much harsher I expected. Keep in mind that I have a regular job and we've been working so hard on this that there were nights I barely sleept 3h at best and this has been going on for more than a month... obviously I ended up overworking myself pretty badly and when I got back up on my feet I'd rather spend time working on the server than dealing with the huge amount of PMs in both Discord and forum.
So since you said beta is for 1-2 days and I see you have been running one under the radar, does this mean you are close to launch ?

Mythra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2015
I know some of you have a lot of questions, some of which are really interesting and I really wish to answer them but just as @Vagrant has mentioned, we're about to launch (mid next week probably, don't know the exact day yet) and I wish to focus on the server so I can deliver.

@Vyse I certainly meant Greater Talisman Explosion and no, Infection can't crit but it does benefit from critical chance (aswell as SC and PvE Critical damage) to calculate the final result and it's weaker than expected in PvP because PvE Critical Damage doesn't affect PvP. As for the mob density from KR... I don't plan to imitate them. I wanted to answer you in a more extensive post but I don't really have much time right now, sorry about that :(

Last edited:
Reactions: HalonX

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
That's no problem man, I know your busy and have a job so sometimes you can't go into massive details which is fine. Thanks for responding to my questions though it did clear a couple of things up.

Kinda looking forward to next week now, On launch can you share your discord so players can leave messages e.g bugs and what not.

Reactions: dazzaboi90

dazzaboi90

LOMCN Member
Dec 31, 2018
Nottingham
Good to hear things are coming along nicely , I know your thoughts are going to be firmly on having a smooth launch but I think once everything is sorted and bugs are ironed out ... a server that has fairly regular events is something a lot of servers has lacked ... I’m not going to pretend I know the amounts of work needed to put on events fairly regular ( every few months ) but just thought I’d ask and see what’s the thought process with regards to that aspect of things

Reactions: HalonX

dazzaboi90

LOMCN Member
Dec 31, 2018
Nottingham
Hopefully stays as the next few days when launching the server ... I know people personally that are waiting on the game like myself

dazzaboi90

LOMCN Member
Dec 31, 2018
Nottingham
And me Daz been waiting since heard about it
Yh exactly bro , and others too ... think it could have a decent server count that holds rather than dying out due to a developer that is keen to put the work in ... that’s all people ask with Mir servers ... appreciation will always be there for developers that fix and add things here and there , add events and in turn for that il happily buy GG or donate as I’m sure others will if that kind of dedication is there

Status
Not open for further replies.