Release my DM2 (mir 2.3 emu) files

Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

elina

LOMCN Rookie
May 15, 2010
when i press the link that "TD" had added i get nothing but a site with a language i cant understand can any one tell me how can i get these files from that site please .

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Why not? More posts the better atm. Plus I'd rather see a post from Elvin than you any day.

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex
Bon , cant believe ur still at it either.. point me in a direction of something good on the mir2 files front and you may see me back here again too as cod and bf bc2 is getting a bit lame atm.

really cba to look for the right set of files so i need a pointer or even a good link .

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
I guess im only "still at it" cause my servers still running, cant just abandon it half way through.

As for files, there isnt any.

Fourhero files (mine+matts files) are probably the best mir2 files around, but are closed source and we wont be releasing, as well why should we. not gonna get into that tho

Rubym2 files (elysian) are quite good, every files have their problems, they were meant to be publicly released (lol) but after some1 posted them "before they were ready" they decided they wasnt gonna release to the community any more (they wasnt ne way in all honesty)

Primal files (badboys) were/are in an ok state, but havnt heard ne thing from him in ages, so dont hold your breath

Unfortunatly TDs are the only public files still available after... 2-3years lol?

So thats why mirs dieing, and theres no servers

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Rubym2 files (elysian) are quite good, every files have their problems, they were meant to be publicly released (lol) but after some1 posted them "before they were ready" they decided they wasnt gonna release to the community any more (they wasnt ne way in all honesty)

That's such a bull**** excuse anyway. Basically they have a fall out with one person and 'fk it everyone else can lose out too'. Doesn't happen.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
That's such a bull**** excuse anyway. Basically they have a fall out with one person and 'fk it everyone else can lose out too'. Doesn't happen.

Agreed. They were never going to release anyway, just looking for an excuse, and they found 1 in the form of some1 releasing their "old exes".

Months and months went by with them saying they are going to release soon, then you saw elysian pop up, and that failed, and it seems they have either given up on the files or we'll see a elysian v2 soon.

Either way it is a shame there is no decent public files, as in long run its gonna kill mir

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Either way it is a shame there is no decent public files, as in long run its gonna kill mir

You and mat could always release a standard basic set of files for the public. Either way i don't think it's the lack of files that will kill mir, it's the lack of intrest in mir as theres so much better out there.

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
You and mat could always release a standard basic set of files for the public. Either way i don't think it's the lack of files that will kill mir, it's the lack of intrest in mir as theres so much better out there.

We could, but the chances of anyone ever being able to get them working are slim. They were never designed for ease of use, they are designed purely for what Ben wants and what suits FH as a server.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

But its the same old question, why should we?

We've put 2years into the development of our files, and you know full well if we released you'd see all these half arsed noob servers going up with a gameshop, just makin easy money off our work.

Then we'd get the extra hassel of, "how do u change this" "theres a problem with this" blah balh balh.

As well as the obvious fact that it'll lower our usercount, with no return.

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
But its the same old question, why should we?

We've put 2years into the development of our files, and you know full well if we released you'd see all these half arsed noob servers going up with a gameshop, just makin easy money off our work.

Then we'd get the extra hassel of, "how do u change this" "theres a problem with this" blah balh balh.

As well as the obvious fact that it'll lower our usercount, with no return.

Sell it? Sell year subscriptions, same way mirmith did on euro.

not saying it is what you should do, just a way around the problems you raised in that post.

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008

not saying tis is what you should do, just a way around the problems you raised in that post.

Orrrrr, just wait until we both quit and give everything away?

We aint releasing yet, but we aint going to do a TD where we keep everything to ourselves when we don't need it.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

not saying it is what you should do, just a way around the problems you raised in that post.

I'd rather not release than do that.

If we asked for a monthly subscription to use our files, I dont think lomcn would be too happy about that.

as matt said, if we ever quit mir we'd just release the source and files ne way

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
"if" we ever quit mir.. Lol you planning on taking this full time for the rest of your life or some thing ? How can you even put if into that sentance, mir will come to a day where theres only a server up with hardly anyone online then die. I doubt you could carry mir or for the next 60-80years+ if you think/manage to pull that stunt of then i will take my hat of to you ben, but apart from that i think your a sad person, with no life apart from what happens to mir and your server and i love your attitude towards others sometimes, you do crack me up lol, and wish you the best with your server and plans for the future.

Before you reply back to this dont think im picking at you because im not (Had to say this because i know what your like.)

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
If you really believe im gonna be runnin mir for the next 60-80 years then you are obviously retarded and i dont need to reply to you any more...

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Agreed. They were never going to release anyway, just looking for an excuse, and they found 1 in the form of some1 releasing their "old exes".

Months and months went by with them saying they are going to release soon, then you saw elysian pop up, and that failed, and it seems they have either given up on the files or we'll see a elysian v2 soon.

This is why it would be nice for people like Matt, Kyn, lil and who ever is good at coding all come together, get a decent set up and running.

"Why should we?" for the exact reason you say above, to stop mir from dieing.

But, this would just cause competition towards your own server, so this will never happen.

My own opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.