new mir2 server?

Join Discord

HxH

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 17, 2017
any decent, long term, incoming mir 2 server? Or under-develope? Not a big fan of mir3, prefer old-skull 3 classes mir2

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
any decent, long term, incoming mir 2 server? Or under-develope? Not a big fan of mir3, prefer old-skull 3 classes mir2

Check out up and coming server advertisements. Euro Reborn looked promising although it’s now postponed I believe. Valkyrie V2 would be the next good thing atm as that had a nice smooth feeling on V1.

Arcadia and Chronicles very old, primordial has a good team and server but unsure what the catch up mechanic is.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Active:
TPR (my server) we actively update it, and it is quite easy to get to the core part of the game with the new starter buffs and such.

In the Pipline:
Valk V2
Euroborn (when Sanj comes back)
I think violent has a team working on a mir 2 server as well

Really Late down the Line:
Mir2 Odyssey

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
What's wrong with the ones currently running?

TPR for example.

Nothing! :)
Server is still getting constant updates 5-6 months in, which (even though its my team) is kudos as most people tend to have stopped updates after the first month or two post launch (if the server hadn't already closed).

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
Active:
TPR (my server) we actively update it, and it is quite easy to get to the core part of the game with the new starter buffs and such.

In the Pipline:
Valk V2
Euroborn (when Sanj comes back)
I think violent has a team working on a mir 2 server as well

Really Late down the Line:
Mir2 Odyssey
Ye I have a team working on a server. I will not be the standard 3 base classes though that OP is looking for. It will be a classless system.

Im curious what people think is wrong with the currently available servers. People shouldn't be put off by low user counts.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Nothing! :)
Server is still getting constant updates 5-6 months in, which (even though its my team) is kudos as most people tend to have stopped updates after the first month or two post launch (if the server hadn't already closed).
Sorry, my questions was more along the lines of... People keep asking for a new server but there are servers currently running that are perfectly fine (TPR for example).
So why not just play them?

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Sorry, my questions was more along the lines of... People keep asking for a new server but there are servers currently running that are perfectly fine (TPR for example).
Most cases, they don't want to spend the time to compete to be top, they'd rather go on a fresh server where they don't have to catch up first.

tha4thface

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 31, 2009
Most cases, they don't want to spend the time to compete to be top, they'd rather go on a fresh server where they don't have to catch up first.
Wrong! Most people dont play to be number 1. MIR is not a solo grind game is it? I don!t remember it being that qhen released officially. Like i said before, who wants to solo play to 40?
If you do then pick a server with 0 online, you want a community/group of people to team up? Sadly no server exists for that atm (prim HAD alot of guilds/groups now its par solo)unless you know the people playing the server.
Post automatically merged:

Hes asking for a server that has that 'mir' feel. You know lots of people to group with etc not a server to grind on his one bob.

Im curious what people think is wrong with the currently available servers. People shouldn't be put off by low user counts.
Why? Do you enjoy playing mir on your own? Do you enjoy grinding for hours on a MMO all alone Or enjoy never being able to kill a boss? Then **** me why isnt mir a single player game like baldurs gate or summit

Mir servers exist for one reason and thats cash farming the same 30-40 odd grinders. The minute gameshop transactions end the server ends.
Owners only prioritise spenders, if it wasnt for a few members of prim buying exp pots constantly then that would shut too.

Last edited:

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Wrong! Most people dont play to be number 1. MIR is not a solo grind game is it? I don!t remember it being that qhen released officially. Like i said before, who wants to solo play to 40?
If you do then pick a server with 0 online, you want a community/group of people to team up? Sadly no server exists for that atm (prim HAD alot of guilds/groups now its par solo)unless you know the people playing the server.

Hes asking for a server that has that 'mir' feel. You know lots of people to group with etc not a server to grind on his one bob.

Evidence just confirms my opinion, servers take a hit no matter which one, the hit may not be as big for some servers but when one pop's up, a flock of people will go there to be #1, be it as a guild or solo.

Grind, rinse, repeat.

tha4thface

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 31, 2009
Evidence just confirms my opinion, servers take a hit no matter which one, the hit may not be as big for some servers but when one pop's up, a flock of people will go there to be #1, be it as a guild or solo.

Grind, rinse, repeat.
I agree with you but sadly we are not all part of that flock, the ones spending large sums of real cash, spending 12+ hours daily on the game. Its those people the owners make servers for.
I heard a rumour that one player was buying 1mil for £3 on prim. He bought everything including people accounts forcash and hes no where near number 1 and only 7 ppl play actively. Sad acts

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Ppl use to account share, buy lvls, spend ridiculous amounts an a rare on EURO, it’s always been part of the game.

Difference now days is we’re not all hanging round the tuck shop with our 20ps anymore.

We have jobs, we’re older, we have less time, and to compensate this ppl pay to win. There’s an opportunity for ppl to earn whilst playing a game (happy days for them).

As much as I try enforce a low rate server with lvl caps I can also see it’s a dream as tbh I’m not everyone....and if you take out the gold sellers, the bot miners, the pay to winners? Your left with a very small amount.

Don’t get me wrong il always play, love the game, I’ve payed to win and I’ve PVE a server for fun also....what have I learnt? The same outcome happened except your out of pocket on 1 hand.

Morganja

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 11, 2017
What was wrong with TPR? Don't want to put people off giving it a go but.. Pvp was never balanced. Drop rates are still being complained about now as the drops are horrendous. Big respect to LB. 1st server I've encountered that genuinely doesn't give a **** about income. But it's a pve server.

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
Why? Do you enjoy playing mir on your own? Do you enjoy grinding for hours on a MMO all alone Or enjoy never being able to kill a boss? Then **** me why isnt mir a single player game like baldurs gate or summit
I mean why have servers like TPR etc dropped in numbers when its an actively run server? What puts people off playing it?

What i meant by the low user count is that server seem to have a domino effect. The usercount starts to get lower and people leave because the user count is getting lower, thus lowering the usercount. When really is there a genuine reason for everyone to be leaving the server. Or is it simply because the usercount is too low?

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
I mean why have servers like TPR etc dropped in numbers when its an actively run server? What puts people off playing it?

What i meant by the low user count is that server seem to have a domino effect. The usercount starts to get lower and people leave because the user count is getting lower, thus lowering the usercount. When really is there a genuine reason for everyone to be leaving the server. Or is it simply because the usercount is too low?

No reason other than ppl often kill a server buy smashing it out and complaining they ain’t getting a rare every boss fight...normally the top 2 guilds.

Other PVE folk are left behind and complain about the ppl complaining.

The gold sellers go when the gold to the £ drops.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014

UC Drop reasons:
Early on it was some down to me, some decisions i made may have upset people; due to it being my first server I was learning as I went on, so those UC impacts wouldnt happen again (also certain crashes which is understandable)

Fake Rumours; players would constantly be like "you are favouring this guild, or that guild" "you have given better drop rates to X person/Y guild" - this starts causing rifts internally despite all of it being false (Oh and the main one, that paying players, have an influence over server decisions- when you actually find paying players A) tend to just play the game B) aren't the ones who are the most active. **this 1 was the most frustrating.

Lack of Drops (being a low rate) we wanted a small amount of rarer items coming in, but people are used to getting more quicker.
>Drops were always / will always be crap - as players don't get items, even if others got good items from the same boss, if that player didnt get a good drop its bad drops.

PvP - this is a big one that can cause rifts, I am helping on with a 3 heroes server thats in development, on making sure PvP is well balanced.
Not having good fluid PvP style annoys some players (and it needs to be skill based rather than mainly relying on who has the most stats)
Body Drops need to be better configured so there is a risk to dying without it being absolutely annoying af.

Police Gold Selling:
Its annoying as hell, but finding a way to do this will get rid of the gold farmers most likely but improve the internal economy.
>Keeping the Economy healthy is one of the hardest parts of keeping a server up.

Making sure you tailor to both group and solo
(but be ready for complaints when someone people cant solo a group area!)

Other:
People genuinely don't know what they want from Mir (people contradict themselves from one day to the next), so the best way is do the server in your vision and stick to it (it didnt help that I switched TPR team members around 3 weeks before launch so the team weren't up to speed!)

The minute gameshop transactions end the server ends.
Owners only prioritise spenders, if it wasnt for a few members of prim buying exp pots constantly then that would shut too.

See, not to be an arse but this is what I mean about fake rumours.
We have very few GS transactions, but I have made sure the funds are there to keep the server running for 12 months even if nothing else was donated.
So no, we don't get much in, but it doesn't mean it will close.

I agree with you but sadly we are not all part of that flock, the ones spending large sums of real cash, spending 12+ hours daily on the game. Its those people the owners make servers for.
I heard a rumour that one player was buying 1mil for £3 on prim. He bought everything including people accounts forcash and hes no where near number 1 and only 7 ppl play actively. Sad acts
To be fair again, the people who put more in actually don't play as much as the people who complain the most (or ask for the most to be changed) nor is the server tailored around any single (or group) of people.
Anyone who reports something, we investigate it and see if there is any substance to the issue raised (or its a case of they killed a boss, didnt get a drop and wanted a drop)

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
I'd probably say wait for Valk V2 at this point, With the addition of Hany to the team.. 2 hard working Coders, Various new spells coded from the ground never seen before, 1 new classes that's never been seen in Korean / English Mir. Been doing some testing and trust me it's very special, Valk should be doing a proper Upcoming Thread soon which will update all progress going on.

Beside's that Sanj has a great server on the way but hes currently on a break.

TPR is great with an amazing team as Somebody said but the Launch just felt to slow and sloppy with people hitting 43+ with no spell or Weapons, which has changed massively now from what i've heard. If your not up for the wait TPR / WarCraft are your best bet.

Reactions: LightBringer

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
UC Drop reasons:
Early on it was some down to me, some decisions i made may have upset people; due to it being my first server I was learning as I went on, so those UC impacts wouldnt happen again (also certain crashes which is understandable)

Fake Rumours; players would constantly be like "you are favouring this guild, or that guild" "you have given better drop rates to X person/Y guild" - this starts causing rifts internally despite all of it being false (Oh and the main one, that paying players, have an influence over server decisions- when you actually find paying players A) tend to just play the game B) aren't the ones who are the most active. **this 1 was the most frustrating.

Lack of Drops (being a low rate) we wanted a small amount of rarer items coming in, but people are used to getting more quicker.
>Drops were always / will always be crap - as players don't get items, even if others got good items from the same boss, if that player didnt get a good drop its bad drops.

PvP - this is a big one that can cause rifts, I am helping on with a 3 heroes server thats in development, on making sure PvP is well balanced.
Not having good fluid PvP style annoys some players (and it needs to be skill based rather than mainly relying on who has the most stats)
Body Drops need to be better configured so there is a risk to dying without it being absolutely annoying af.

Police Gold Selling:
Its annoying as hell, but finding a way to do this will get rid of the gold farmers most likely but improve the internal economy.
>Keeping the Economy healthy is one of the hardest parts of keeping a server up.

Making sure you tailor to both group and solo
(but be ready for complaints when someone people cant solo a group area!)

Other:
People genuinely don't know what they want from Mir (people contradict themselves from one day to the next), so the best way is do the server in your vision and stick to it (it didnt help that I switched TPR team members around 3 weeks before launch so the team weren't up to speed!)

See, not to be an arse but this is what I mean about fake rumours.
We have very few GS transactions, but I have made sure the funds are there to keep the server running for 12 months even if nothing else was donated.
So no, we don't get much in, but it doesn't mean it will close.

To be fair again, the people who put more in actually don't play as much as the people who complain the most (or ask for the most to be changed) nor is the server tailored around any single (or group) of people.
Anyone who reports something, we investigate it and see if there is any substance to the issue raised (or its a case of they killed a boss, didnt get a drop and wanted a drop)
Thanks for this response. I don't think we share enough with each other about what works and what fails. Which ironically is another reason why servers fail. I bet there are loads of server owners that could read what you have just put and agree that it was the same for them.

Some of your points could be preventable as a server creator (as you already admitted). But also some things will be very hard to prevent as they are coming from the players mindset.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

The problem there is that this did/does actually happen on other servers (hi Apocalypse, Chronicles and probably many many more) So people are very quick to tarnish everyone with the same brush and tbf who can blame them.

But anyway, good post

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Thanks for this response. I don't think we share enough with each other about what works and what fails. Which ironically is another reason why servers fail. I bet there are loads of server owners that could read what you have just put and agree that it was the same for them.

Some of your points could be preventable as a server creator (as you already admitted). But also some things will be very hard to prevent as they are coming from the players mindset.

100% agree and that's why I have always been open and honest with other server owners; I am happy to share pitfalls / things to do differently or to keep an eye out for.

I just love to see the server / game thrive, it doesn't matter who is running it, as when a server catches my attention you are damn right I will be playing it!

I'd probably say wait for Valk V2 at this point, With the addition of Hany to the team.. 2 hard working Coders, Various new spells coded from the ground never seen before, 1 new classes that's never been seen in Korean / English Mir. Been doing some testing and trust me it's very special, Valk should be doing a proper Upcoming Thread soon which will update all progress going on.

Beside's that Sanj has a great server on the way but hes currently on a break.

TPR is great with an amazing team as Somebody said but the Launch just felt to slow and sloppy with people hitting 43+ with no spell or Weapons, which has changed massively now from what i've heard. If your not up for the wait TPR / WarCraft are your best bet.
Valk v2 has the such promise, with a good initial showing from V1 and everything else he is doing it should be amazing!
I hope that on release it's stable, then his server will easily stay at the top of the UC ranks for a long time. (as launch week when you get constant crashes puts so many people off)
Honestly looking forward to it!

As for TPR,
I think a fair few things kinda hit at once, which I wouldnt know about until it happened.
the lower level progression was too quick compared to the higher (hence why you hit a higher end level and equipment was abit aloof)
There were probably TOO many quests all over the place, and for Mir2 the map choices weren't great; it felt abit overwheling having a 900x900 map with 20 quests to collect and do
The Aura crashing was the bane of my existence.

I personally don't think I have ample time to be the head of another server, but we will see.
I am helping another team with my experiences to help them create a 3h Mir2 server; but release times on that are unknown as like Valk, they are working hard on alot of stuff (I am more there to help with stuff they need to fix, improve on, helping with their website n stuff)

The problem there is that this did/does actually happen on other servers (hi Apocalypse, Chronicles and probably many many more) So people are very quick to tarnish everyone with the same brush and tbf who can blame them.

But anyway, good post

'spose this is true, and unfortunately it's the 'many' servers that do it, not the 'few', so you are more likely to come across it then not.

I don't blame Mir players on how they are, and server owners who want to release another server, need to admit their own failings (I could've done TPR so much better with hindsight!).

I have said to many people, if I knew what I do now, as well as having all the extra features added to the files back then as I do now.
the server would have been so different on launch (all good ways).

However for the right person, if I choose to not release a 2nd server, I have a good set of files for them to work from, I know they are stable as well (in terms of minimal crashes(never say none!))

Last edited: