new mir2 server?

Join Discord

Morganja

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 11, 2017
UC Drop reasons:
Early on it was some down to me, some decisions i made may have upset people; due to it being my first server I was learning as I went on, so those UC impacts wouldnt happen again (also certain crashes which is understandable)

Fake Rumours; players would constantly be like "you are favouring this guild, or that guild" "you have given better drop rates to X person/Y guild" - this starts causing rifts internally despite all of it being false (Oh and the main one, that paying players, have an influence over server decisions- when you actually find paying players A) tend to just play the game B) aren't the ones who are the most active. **this 1 was the most frustrating.

Lack of Drops (being a low rate) we wanted a small amount of rarer items coming in, but people are used to getting more quicker.
>Drops were always / will always be crap - as players don't get items, even if others got good items from the same boss, if that player didnt get a good drop its bad drops.

PvP - this is a big one that can cause rifts, I am helping on with a 3 heroes server thats in development, on making sure PvP is well balanced.
Not having good fluid PvP style annoys some players (and it needs to be skill based rather than mainly relying on who has the most stats)
Body Drops need to be better configured so there is a risk to dying without it being absolutely annoying af.

Police Gold Selling:
Its annoying as hell, but finding a way to do this will get rid of the gold farmers most likely but improve the internal economy.
>Keeping the Economy healthy is one of the hardest parts of keeping a server up.

Making sure you tailor to both group and solo
(but be ready for complaints when someone people cant solo a group area!)

Other:
People genuinely don't know what they want from Mir (people contradict themselves from one day to the next), so the best way is do the server in your vision and stick to it (it didnt help that I switched TPR team members around 3 weeks before launch so the team weren't up to speed!)

See, not to be an arse but this is what I mean about fake rumours.
We have very few GS transactions, but I have made sure the funds are there to keep the server running for 12 months even if nothing else was donated.
So no, we don't get much in, but it doesn't mean it will close.

To be fair again, the people who put more in actually don't play as much as the people who complain the most (or ask for the most to be changed) nor is the server tailored around any single (or group) of people.
Anyone who reports something, we investigate it and see if there is any substance to the issue raised (or its a case of they killed a boss, didnt get a drop and wanted a drop)
Wipe and V2! I'd play it 100%. Server had loads of potential and I had alot of fun. Proven yourself as not a cash cow. I doubt you'll be doing this anytime soon. But I definitely reckon a 2nd server from you would be decent.

Goldselling = +1. Noob buying every warrior item that dropped disheartened any other warriors playing the server.
Bodydrops = +1. Body drops werent even in euro unless a mob got last hit or you were red. As much as I love earning items from killing people, and it does give it a more competitive feel. Its a FACT that soooo many players die, drop n quit. Most retarded mechanic in mir in my eyes. (Not a cry I didnt even drop on there and earned massive amount of items from PK)
Fake Rumours = +1. Our guild thought you were helping sausages. Then sausages thought you were helping us. Had people saying there body drops had been upped (even though theyd die 5x a fight then wonder why they dropped)

People always assume gold buyers effect decisions but I never spent a penny and my feedback was taken on board. Probably more-so than people that actually spent.

Had very mixed feelings about TPR. The fact PvP wasn't balanced and that people got to 1-2 shotting each other so quickly annoyed me like fk.
At the same time, look at all these cash cow ****s that couldn't give 2 ****s about their players as long as £££ is rolling in. Then take a look at LB, it's a no brainer, the guy actually offered to pay another servers dedi to help get him started. Personally think a 2nd TPR with a more dynamic team behind the scenes would be a beast.

Reactions: LightBringer

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Bodydrops = +1. Body drops werent even in euro unless a mob got last hit or you were red. As much as I love earning items from killing people, and it does give it a more competitive feel. Its a FACT that soooo many players die, drop n quit. Most retarded mechanic in mir in my eyes. (Not a cry I didnt even drop on there and earned massive amount of items from PK)
Did my fair part in pking people on euro, sometimes got an item they were wearing, usually resulted in a kos listing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Martyn

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Wipe and V2! I'd play it 100%. Server had loads of potential and I had alot of fun. Proven yourself as not a cash cow. I doubt you'll be doing this anytime soon. But I definitely reckon a 2nd server from you would be decent.

Goldselling = +1. Noob buying every warrior item that dropped disheartened any other warriors playing the server.
Fake Rumours = +1. Our guild thought you were helping sausages. Then sausages thought you were helping us. Had people saying there body drops had been upped (even though theyd die 5x a fight then wonder why they dropped)

People always assume gold buyers effect decisions but I never spent a penny and my feedback was taken on board. Probably more-so than people that actually spent.

Had very mixed feelings about TPR. The fact PvP wasn't balanced and that people got to 1-2 shotting each other so quickly annoyed me like fk.
At the same time, look at all these cash cow ****s that couldn't give 2 ****s about their players as long as £££ is rolling in. Then take a look at LB, it's a no brainer, the guy actually offered to pay another servers dedi to help get him started. Personally think a 2nd TPR with a more dynamic team behind the scenes would be a beast.

It is something that has been discussed (a V.2 - and if we were ever to do it, we'd add a lot more fluff to it, as well as bringing back the original map layout (and customising those maps (then adding to that structure)) so you have the full original mir2 map layout but future content would be fully custom.

Depending on the team final decsion but I persoanlly would be heavily enforcing no gold selling / account selling / item selling for outside transactions.
We'd also make dying to PvP a lot less punishing (body drop wise) but there would be other perks (maybe you can drop gold as a %? - so then gold bars and chests have a use - to store gold) - it is something I have been looking into for ages (PvP balance and the system in general)

I think a second time around those rumours would dissipate as I have no affiliation to anyone on Mir and I think people would know it this time around.

I have been keeping an eye on people (LOMCN and externally) as potential for an expanding team for future projects too!
Post automatically merged:

Also with regards to feedback, when people actively supported their concerns with evidence / justification it was always taken as more of a priority then known people who would PM me everyday when a boss didnt drop a rare.

I still investigated those reports but they weren't as a priority (as the boy who cried wolf..)

Reactions: Tai

Morganja

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 11, 2017
Did my fair part in pking people on euro, sometimes got an item they were wearing, usually resulted in a kos listing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you killed someone on euro Dragon (never played Phoenix) and they dropped, a mob got last hit, or they were red. Fact. Take it from a guy who was basically permanently red.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
If you killed someone on euro Dragon (never played Phoenix) and they dropped, a mob got last hit, or they were red. Fact. Take it from a guy who was basically permanently red.

Didn't take part in many sabuk wars but the one I did I was put on Apex's kos for not returning an item that had dropped off the player (no mobs around, not red) and this was also Dragon server.

Morganja

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 11, 2017
Didn't take part in many sabuk wars but the one I did I was put on Apex's kos for not returning an item that had dropped off the player (no mobs around, not red) and this was also Dragon server.
Unless it was different before or after I played, that's bullshit, Im afraid lol. Also surprised Apex had a kos as they were dogshit at PK

It is something that has been discussed (a V.2 - and if we were ever to do it, we'd add a lot more fluff to it, as well as bringing back the original map layout (and customising those maps (then adding to that structure)) so you have the full original mir2 map layout but future content would be fully custom.

Depending on the team final decsion but I persoanlly would be heavily enforcing no gold selling / account selling / item selling for outside transactions.
We'd also make dying to PvP a lot less punishing (body drop wise) but there would be other perks (maybe you can drop gold as a %? - so then gold bars and chests have a use - to store gold) - it is something I have been looking into for ages (PvP balance and the system in general)

I think a second time around those rumours would dissipate as I have no affiliation to anyone on Mir and I think people would know it this time around.

I have been keeping an eye on people (LOMCN and externally) as potential for an expanding team for future projects too!

Also with regards to feedback, when people actively supported their concerns with evidence / justification it was always taken as more of a priority then known people who would PM me everyday when a boss didnt drop a rare.

I still investigated those reports but they weren't as a priority (as the boy who cried wolf..)
Keep us posted then xD People are crying out for mir 2 :(

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
euro dragon had body pk drops, i know i lost alot of items to TM and ben at fights outside oks.

Morganja

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 11, 2017
I was in TM and definitely don't remember people dropping off body when I played.

Only time's I remember people dropping from body were either when red, killed by archers (or recalled to archers whilst red by pricks like me) and when lured on. Maybe it was changed at some point. (highly doubtful as I played from introduction of PB until well after EvilMir walls got raped) But I went to ALOT of OKS in TM n definitely dont remember body drops.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
I was in TM and definitely don't remember people dropping off body when I played.

Only time's I remember people dropping from body were either when red, killed by archers (or recalled to archers whilst red by pricks like me) and when lured on. Maybe it was changed at some point. (highly doubtful as I played from introduction of PB until well after EvilMir walls got raped) But I went to ALOT of OKS in TM n definitely dont remember body drops.
They must have changed it because I quit just before PB, I played it from Open Beta.

Morganja

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 11, 2017
Played Morganja up until I got banned (lvl 44) then biked HighVoltage2 (wiz) and Briggsy (tao). Definitely didn't get called a noob at the time :)

They must have changed it because I quit just before PB, I played it from Open Beta.
Played BETA euro when a friend from school introduced me to it. Then hit the level you had to start paying subscription and was about 12/13 with no bank account and parents that told me **** off when I asked them to put their payment details to pay subscription for me xD When I came back PB got introduced a few months after. Grinding in PT / PSC to hit level 33 so I could go level with mates -.-

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
As for TPR,
I think a fair few things kinda hit at once, which I wouldnt know about until it happened.
the lower level progression was too quick compared to the higher (hence why you hit a higher end level and equipment was abit aloof)
There were probably TOO many quests all over the place, and for Mir2 the map choices weren't great; it felt abit overwheling having a 900x900 map with 20 quests to collect and do
The Aura crashing was the bane of my existence.
Agree with a few things here.

Maps - They are too big for mir. That Bichon City map was way OTT .
Quests - I like quests. But I don't like having to run for 10min to hand it in, only to be sent back to that same area etc.
Servers needs to stick with simple cave quests. It keeps you grinding in that cave (Does me, anyway) until you hit the correct number required.
Hand in, then onto the next cave quest - Also helps point people in the direction of where they should be hunting for their level.

But for christ sakes - Can all server owners when making cave quests not make you have to kill a stupidly high number of ranged mobs?! It's a ball ache for Warriors to kill 200 AxeThrowers.

Morganja

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 11, 2017
PS - Dragon Server 100% had body drops on PK right until the end.
I must have selective memory =/ My warrior was red for so long 2 months of AFK left me red. Don't ever remember tabbing a body drop. Probably why I suck at tabbing drops.
Just thought as well I specifically remember luring on people then thrusting through mobs hoping mob would get last hit so they drop from body :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: what a ****in waste of time that was xD

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Agree with a few things here.

Maps - They are too big for mir. That Bichon City map was way OTT .
Quests - I like quests. But I don't like having to run for 10min to hand it in, only to be sent back to that same area etc.
Servers needs to stick with simple cave quests. It keeps you grinding in that cave (Does me, anyway) until you hit the correct number required.
Hand in, then onto the next cave quest - Also helps point people in the direction of where they should be hunting for their level.

But for christ sakes - Can all server owners when making cave quests not make you have to kill a stupidly high number of ranged mobs?! It's a ball ache for Warriors to kill 200 AxeThrowers.

Well my PoA for V2 was being discussed:
No huge maps, it even upset me in the end, it looks lovely, but practically its awful.

as for quests,
Cave quests how i have them will stay with lower quantities and a little more diverse.
(Or even have cave quests different dependant on what class you are)
I will consolidate quests so 5 people at different times wont want you to go kill Khazard.
Story Quests will still be a long ol' chain but rewarding
I will also be adding in more timed quest items that are better than the gear for that level (or equal to it) as a lot of people said that went down well, having that initial boost while leveling, making caves easier or allowing you to farm in a higher area while that kit was active.

Still, its all discussions atm, we have a seperate server etc we have been trialling ideas (both for TPR and for a V2 if it eveer comes about)

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I must have selective memory =/ My warrior was red for so long 2 months of AFK left me red. Don't ever remember tabbing a body drop. Probably why I suck at tabbing drops.
Just thought as well I specifically remember luring on people then thrusting through mobs hoping mob would get last hit so they drop from body :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: what a ****in waste of time that was xD
I was deffo a waste of time mate... lol.

Although drop from body may have been higher rate if killed by a mob.

The OKS fights would regular see someone drop something big like DSS etc and there was no mobs around.

Morganja

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 11, 2017
I was deffo a waste of time mate... lol.

Although drop from body may have been higher rate if killed by a mob.

The OKS fights would regular see someone drop something big like DSS etc and there was no mobs around.
Thats why I find this confusing xD the amount of times in T_M we would clear OKS room with FF nuke and I don't ever remember seeing drops :ROFLMAO: My memory must be absolute ****. I rarely missed an OKS (because when I did summat big would drop n i refused to miss the next)

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Oh another big thing I would suggest avoiding doing.
Releasing the server 4 months before you get married;
One of the most scary things I have done was convincing my now wife that fixing a server outage was more important then what centre pieces looked like at that moment in time, I am surprised she still married me!

So yeah, I had a brief dip in response times and updates as I was getting married and away on a honeymoon as well!