new mir2 server?

Kaal

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 19, 2008
If you killed someone on euro Dragon (never played Phoenix) and they dropped, a mob got last hit, or they were red. Fact. Take it from a guy who was basically permanently red.

This is correct. I'm sure there were no body drops from PK on euro. Recall pkers would always recall afk'ers to deep in caves with a lot of mobs specifically because mobs needed last hit for them to drop. I never dropped from pk on euro. IWT room and similar were always dangerous because of the archers getting last hit on you etc.

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
What's wrong with the ones currently running?

TPR for example.
User count I believe. For me anyway.
Post automatically merged:

This is correct. I'm sure there were no body drops from PK on euro. Recall pkers would always recall afk'ers to deep in caves with a lot of mobs specifically because mobs needed last hit for them to drop. I never dropped from pk on euro. IWT room and similar were always dangerous because of the archers getting last hit on you etc.
There was Definately body drops on pk in p server. I'm sure of it. Could be wrong

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I am fairly comfortable playing old server that has low user count but what puts me off is the conditions on such a server, like TM item expiry, which means there is not stuff in there for low levels and as a solo player, typically I need to buy some items. And high levels mostly ignore you, or at least won't put up their low level items, if they still have it, on the market (maybe if you ask but I don't like to do that).

You can start on such server if there is at least some trickle of new pple coming in, can exchange info, trade some items, maybe group up for some boss. I don't need a crowded cave, actually dislike it, but its nice to come across at least one or two other pple in an evening. Mostly you just see several high levels afk in sz.

Add to it the devaluation of starting levels when server owners start putting in exp boosters of some kind for catch up to higher levels and you get the impression of a twilight server.

I found that more acceptable when at some point when you log in, your char automatically jumps to some current base level if it was below that (new pple also start that way) and you get the kit for the level to start you off. 5H server was like that.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
No huge maps, it even upset me in the end, it looks lovely, but practically its awful.
The maps themselves were fine, from what I saw. The problem was that they were 90% dead space.
Like the BichonCity. There was literally no reason for 95% of it, just a chore to run through. The whole left side of the city had only 3 or 4 npc's and a trainer?
It would have been much nicer if you had divided it into 'areas' and given them a purpose. (Honestly trying to remember where npc's were was more irritating than fun)

e.g For the city that I used, I divided it into 6 or 7 zones with tele stones to move between them. (In red)
Each area has its own theme, be it trade, crafting, storage, lore, etc.
2rOiJu.jpg

--
(I didn't really play TPR all that long)
Regarding your quests. I am a huge fan of quests, and I love lots of them. Except when I get 5 different quests for the same thing, from 5 different places at 5 different times :) I don't know what it is about Mir servers, but the quests are almost always completely out of sync. I end up still killing oma's 10 levels above the zone, every time.

I've always been a fan of the quest hub system. You pick up a few quests for a general area, maybe a bit of lore, or at least a reason you're slaughtering the poor things, and go do them. Then move on to the next set of quests.

I used breadcrumb quests (the main storyline) from the city to take you to the quest hubs (in green)
Those hubs then provide quests for the general area they are located. So you can do them there and continue on with the next story quest.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Ppl these days have less time to run maps, tele stones then come into practice but then you may aswell have tiny maps as “who’s gonna run them”.

Bichon City is a fantastic looking place but would suit a 500+ usercount.

Bichon Wall is by far a better choice for these 0-200 usercounts. If I log on a server and BW isn’t there’s I instantly feel like I’m missing something.

WhyJewBanMe

Toxic
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2018
Pi pot shop
#popcorn I think euro had d drops in then changed to mob last hit.

Thing is if a fs hit you and you died as archer hit you it classed as a mob death

Ken951 learnt that when pvping on my wiz in bdd

Rip mc 11 lk4 scythe !

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Ppl these days have less time to run maps, tele stones then come into practice but then you may aswell have tiny maps as “who’s gonna run them”.

I'm sorry but what?

This is just getting silly. Most MMO's have absolutely huge cities & maps with no/minimal fast travel... look at WoW & FF, they are significantly bigger than BW; BDO with a world hundreds * the size had zero fast travel, etc.

Lack of time doesn't even factor into the equation at any point.
You are SUPPOSED the be engaged in the world.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
I'm sorry but what?

This is just getting silly. Most MMO's have absolutely huge cities & maps with no/minimal fast travel... look at WoW & FF, they are significantly bigger than BW; BDO with a world hundreds * the size had zero fast travel, etc.

Lack of time doesn't even factor into the equation at any point.
You are SUPPOSED the be engaged in the world.

Agree mate 👍🏻 But small usercount servers unlike wow and FF it gets abit much when there’s not even mobs to keep you entertained.

A post recently said about music in areas to engage you more...that’s a good idea I thought.

Morganja

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 11, 2017
#popcorn I think euro had d drops in then changed to mob last hit.

Thing is if a fs hit you and you died as archer hit you it classed as a mob death

Ken951 learnt that when pvping on my wiz in bdd

Rip mc 11 lk4 scythe !
Thought so, too many "2003 noobs" didnt see the game through obviously

Agree mate 👍🏻 But small usercount servers unlike wow and FF it gets abit much when there’s not even mobs to keep you entertained.

A post recently said about music in areas to engage you more...that’s a good idea I thought.
First thing I do on any server is turn off music xD +1 though. Thank god for auto-run, amount of times I've died from not watching while auto running... Because running a mir map is boring af. If you ask any mir player what their fondest memories are of playing mir, I doubt anyone will say holding right click for 15 mins while I run from one side of an empty map to the other.

Last edited:

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
i followed and played to the end, even when we found the gm password for the leaked files on wemade's ftp.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Thought so, too many "2003 noobs" didnt see the game through obviously

First thing I do on any server is turn off music xD +1 though. Thank god for auto-run, amount of times I've died from not watching while auto running... Because running a mir map is boring af. If you ask any mir player what their fondest memories are of playing mir, I doubt anyone will say holding right click for 15 mins while I run from one side of an empty map to the other.

I literally don’t run anywhere unless I’m learning where the doors are.

If i boss hunt then it’s as many RTs as I can carry and pre learn the door co ords.

🖐🏼 up if you have ever brought a whole bag of RTs and used all 3 million of them looking for a sub then some nub is walking away casually from those medium sun. Ahhhhh!!

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury

Bichon City is a fantastic looking place but would suit a 500+ usercount.

Bichon Wall is by far a better choice for these 0-200 usercounts. If I log on a server and BW isn’t there’s I instantly feel like I’m missing something.

if I can't sit outside bw book shop and chat ****, i'm alienated