Ranked

wario

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2008
yer i do agree a team or duo que is the way to go as if there is 2 decent player they stand a chance of carry if there is one scrub on the team u stand a chance, so i generally play with my flat mate on upping our game, remembering to ward and learning roles.
Gay thing is i find normal dont help much cos when ur solo top u usually go up against 2 people instead of one and mid is generally easy if u ward one side, bot is fine havent tried support or jungle yet but im working on ruin pages and get champs b4 i play it wanna try some soon though

Osmero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 30, 2012
Just out of curiosity as personally i'm not sure how many of you are actually level 30, how many of you do ranked?

Ranked is only fun with a decent premade, solo queue is full of teenage knobs who think they are the sh** just because they've reached lvl 30. A lot more ragequits, racism and general abuse:/

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
How come? What puts you off about it?

I've played 3 ranked games over 2 days, been matched with utter morons. I thought it might be more "pro" players than normal, but apparently not. So my answer is, why would I want to showcase my inability to be matched with decent players? Unless you have pro friends to play with (I don't) it's pointless.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
me, hany and a friend started playin Lol for 1st time yesterday, its alright.. i dunno why ppl think its so much better than hon, the games are pretty much the same... Lol just seems to have more things to learn like all this rune, glyph, mastery ****.. plus the fact u have to either spend ur life on it or spend loads of $$ to play diff heros.

we won a game 3v5, was rather funny

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
I get IP easy as without boosts, can probably buy a champ a day. Nothing life-worthy about it.

Prefer it to HoN because... I aint played HoN :P And it seems all the people are here so, meh.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
I've played 3 ranked games over 2 days, been matched with utter morons. I thought it might be more "pro" players than normal, but apparently not. So my answer is, why would I want to showcase my inability to be matched with decent players? Unless you have pro friends to play with (I don't) it's pointless.

The starting bracket of 1200 is people at 30 and people who just start out, this is basically where everyone sits. If you're able to carry you can generally get out of it, morons or not it's having the right attitude towards it, and you don't always need friends to carry you up, i've done both solo and duo matches around my elo feels exactly the same.

The inability to be matched with decent people, you work to your elo or prove that you're able to carry and you'll meet decent people, that's just the way it works. If you fall you fall. I found mordekaiser was one of the best ways to get from 800-1400. My NA account i think i fell to 829 and got to 1.2k via singed, then carried on playing my EU-W. Tried again recently on NA and i think i was near 1350 after 2-3 games.

Bon LoL will seem complex to an extent but imagine the reverse of it, HoN the builds there are crazy same as some of the fights it is like the original dota, i'm pretty sure most LoL players don't even know what denying is and it'd take them a while to realise it in HoN. I personally couldn't stand the game, I've got dota 2 and played that i enjoy it to an extent but something puts me off about that too.

/Czeldabolg

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
1200? elo?

Why you never talk to me in english? All I meant is I may as well just play normal, rather than have Wins 0 Losses 3 on my profile...

Last edited:

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Hon has MMR LoL has Elo, Elo is your ranked stat you start at 1200 and for the first 10games you will either go up or down depending on if you win or lose. I figured that was known at least, apologies. It's how your matchups are determined. And people have a lot worse on their profile, trust me most are unranked these days which is below 1200 elo. If you're above 1250 you will show as either a bronze shield, 1400 is silver, 1520 is gold, 1900 is platinum at the end of the season or the last season rewards were given based off where you were / finished.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Hon has MMR LoL has Elo, Elo is your ranked stat you start at 1200 and for the first 10games you will either go up or down depending on if you win or lose. I figured that was known at least, apologies. It's how your matchups are determined. And people have a lot worse on their profile, trust me most are unranked these days which is below 1200 elo. If you're above 1250 you will show as either a bronze shield, 1400 is silver, 1520 is gold, 1900 is platinum at the end of the season or the last season rewards were given based off where you were / finished.

Right so much useless information there. You still haven't explained what "Elo" is in English, what it means, how you know what yours is or how it's calculated. But thanks, at least I know what the HoN equivalent is now (???)

Last edited:

LiIacF

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 19, 2006
Elo is just your rating, I don't understand where the term elo comes from but I just know its your ranked rating: You start at 1200 I think and in your early games you get like +30-40 for a win and like -30 for a loss. So it's ideal to win your first 10-20 games to boost your rating up fast. When you've played a fair few games your rating gains like +5-10 per game but still drops about 30 per loss.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Bon LoL will seem complex to an extent but imagine the reverse of it, HoN the builds there are crazy same as some of the fights it is like the original dota, i'm pretty sure most LoL players don't even know what denying is and it'd take them a while to realise it in HoN. I personally couldn't stand the game, I've got dota 2 and played that i enjoy it to an extent but something puts me off about that too.

/Czeldabolg

thats cause hon takes more skill. you have to worry abotu crepin, denying, and harrasing... on lol it seems u just have to creep, no1 harrases at least not at low level

a lot of creepin seems to be done with spells as well, the mana usage seems a little different to hon.. u wouldnt waste a spell to creep ud use it to harrase an enemy

the games alright but i dunno.. it feels too cartoony and childish.. i think hon runs better and smoother

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
Interesting game , ive played 2 days not for long though watched few videos of it and already think im doing alright but sometimes make stupid mistakes lol.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
thats cause hon takes more skill. you have to worry abotu crepin, denying, and harrasing... on lol it seems u just have to creep, no1 harrases at least not at low level

a lot of creepin seems to be done with spells as well, the mana usage seems a little different to hon.. u wouldnt waste a spell to creep ud use it to harrase an enemy

the games alright but i dunno.. it feels too cartoony and childish.. i think hon runs better and smoother

so don't play it, no1 cares

You're playing with low lvls who probably know nothing/little about the game. It's not representative of lvl 30s.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Bon that's been an arguement since HoN came out, if it took more skill then a lot more players would be playing it, but league is the one that has multiple tournaments and that has had the massive success where as HoN HAD to turn F2P after a year due to losing members. Dota2 is probably the next threat to LoL but I personally don't see it making a dent however it will make one to HoN.

And Tai to see it your elo you play about 5 games, hover over your name at the end and it'll display your elo, for it to display to you on your profile you'll need to play atleast 10. Lii elo's from chess how it's calculated is based on how well you do :/ it goes from +50 to +10 over a period of matches. Dunno if that's any better.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Why can't you just say "Rating" then? Like it says under your name...lol

Anyways, FINALLY got a good team -_- even though our Udyr was a potty mouth prick who raaaaged at me for choosing akali, he was a good jungler

e2MYS.jpg

wario

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2008
if by denying u mean stop the opp team from farming creeps then. Tbh there is alot of denying when it comes to lol that where the freezing the lane comes into it when ur top lane u deny them exp lvl up and overall win ur lane, u can deny the other jungler by stealing there creeps etc and bot lane can win by playing aggressive last hitting pushing to tower and if the opposing ad is not good last hitting under there tower u will soon win tht lane same as mid. A good support on bottom lane will harass just need a decent on and junglers are meant to pressure the game so that the opposing team feel like they can push out or they will be ganked it start gettin better at lvl 30 but u get a hell' ov alot more trolls and crap players too which is sad. When it comes to creeping u shouldnt be using ur skills most of the time unless u really getting hurt in lane and have no choice, but hey ive not had a ranked game yet so i dont really know ****!!! its just how i think the game should be played
but i have not played HoN so i dunno

wow soz for the essay

LiIacF

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 19, 2006
Junglers also help to deny, got hit so hard in mid a few times today >.> junglers literally coming into lane, doing nothing, sitting in brush at side, rinse and repeat - yes buy wards. I do but they run out! Or its level 2 gank that doesn't give up >.>

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
If you're getting ganked early or the jungler is babysitting the lane, then he's losing farm providing he doesn't get a kill / assist on you. All you gotta do is kite him like a bitch :P Or if you have a team, tell them to start pushing immediately as jungler is now in ur lane.