Reunited [2.3] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

XxMasonxX

LOMCN Member
Jun 2, 2011
Strangely, other things as well as sorting the server.

Ive got a heros server all set up ere - but i am not putting it live because i cannot dedicate myself to it at this time, your reply states the same. If you dont mind me asking why are you putting a server up that you cannot commit to, because of these strange other things.

*NOT TAKING A DIG*

researching :)

Mason

Y2Chris

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 4, 2003
That's an odd response in all fairness isn't it. I have the time to commit to it, but that means i should commit ALL of my time to it?

Last edited:

XxMasonxX

LOMCN Member
Jun 2, 2011
Not at all m8y - a dedicated server owner keeps players up-to-date on everything, and if summot crops up - sorts it asap (whilst keeping players updated all the way).

Like i said i aint diggin at ya cuz im ready to play this server.

Just tryna get infomation for others players to see.

Mason

XxMasonxX

LOMCN Member
Jun 2, 2011
Work, real life, family? people do have other things to do than mir.

yes - i agree with that but ur taking my message way outta context.

Ur reply states that im diggin at him -- cleary on all post i put im not diggin but eres my 10p worth

Work: You wont be working on server if ur at work
Real life: Chris's last post was @ 9:56pm
Family: If ur partner has a problem with u on a pc for time on end, quit making a server (it will get worse) - kids shud be in bed otherwise santa will not visit you on christmas eve.

I will re-word it for u linzi - People do have other things to do than create a server.

like i said linzi + chris *THIS IS NOT A DIG*

just asking chris simple questions that shudnt be hard to answer, know what i mean!!

Mason

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Login gate down?

EDIT

Anyone know why I cant get past putting ID/PW in? The dragons don't fly in to reveal char screen. Just made the account

Last edited:

Y2Chris

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 4, 2003
Try restarting and entering your ID and Password again. If it says you don't have an account, try creating one again, but be quick. The form doesn't like slow people! lol

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Must say thanks to Ben for not rushing in with an "I told you so". Yes, i missed one NPC, that was my fault, and i've held my hands up. The wipe is being done as thats what the players voted for, plain and simple.

The server will be back up tonight.0
maybe now your starting to see that running a server is not so easy!

even when you try hard and put a lot of time and effort into the server, ppl will still slate and hate on you for no reason, when you make small mistakes like forgetting to check an exploited npc!

running a high usercount server is not easy, even with multiple admins/GMs (in some cases it makes it worse).

also i hate to say this, but you'll soon see in time that theres multiple bugs/problems that you cannot fix on 2.3 files, and you'll regret not using 1 of the newer open source files, eg ruby/heroes (but tahts just my opinion!)

only way i can see u recovering is wiping the items/gold, fixing npcs, maybe doing a global search for all goldbar/bundles/chests in npcs to dbl check there is no exploitable npcs... then do a xmas event to help ppl re-gear quickly.

Reactions: wumatica

Y2Chris

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 4, 2003
maybe now your starting to see that running a server is not so easy!

even when you try hard and put a lot of time and effort into the server, ppl will still slate and hate on you for no reason, when you make small mistakes like forgetting to check an exploited npc!

running a high usercount server is not easy, even with multiple admins/GMs (in some cases it makes it worse).

also i hate to say this, but you'll soon see in time that theres multiple bugs/problems that you cannot fix on 2.3 files, and you'll regret not using 1 of the newer open source files, eg ruby/heroes (but tahts just my opinion!)

only way i can see u recovering is wiping the items/gold, fixing npcs, maybe doing a global search for all goldbar/bundles/chests in npcs to dbl check there is no exploitable npcs... then do a xmas event to help ppl re-gear quickly.

I never expected it to be easy in all fairness. But it became evident this was snowballing faster than any of us expected.

We did a gold and item wipe on the back of what people wanted, there's an Xmas event in the pipeline, and the user count was back up over 100 people last night, so hopefully no lasting damage was done.

In reference to newer files, it's something we're considering.

XxMasonxX

LOMCN Member
Jun 2, 2011
if ur considering using a new set of files - might of been best to work on them tbh.

How long this server been online btw?

Seeing guilds all over the place and a guild with SW but not the chars to hold a grp to kill ZT, WT in that fact.

Also: Large MP pot regens 190MP is this right?

Maybe gold rate could do with being increased a little

apart from pots and gold rate server is a good grind.

Mason

Y2Chris

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 4, 2003
The servers been up for 2 weeks, plenty of guilds been there killing ZT and WT.

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums
I never expected it to be easy in all fairness. But it became evident this was snowballing faster than any of us expected.

We did a gold and item wipe on the back of what people wanted, there's an Xmas event in the pipeline, and the user count was back up over 100 people last night, so hopefully no lasting damage was done.

In reference to newer files, it's something we're considering.
I would be better to transfer to new files now u have done this item/gold wipe as it would make the transfer much easier. The best files in my oppinion are Rubym2 files these have made leaps recently due to being run on riseofphoenix and are now very stable with some great features.

BleH

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 14, 2004
Bristol, UK, England
if ur considering using a new set of files - might of been best to work on them tbh.

How long this server been online btw?

Seeing guilds all over the place and a guild with SW but not the chars to hold a grp to kill ZT, WT in that fact.

Also: Large MP pot regens 190MP is this right?

Maybe gold rate could do with being increased a little

apart from pots and gold rate server is a good grind.

Mason

the guild owning sw currently used to have many members due to mass recruiting but as we all know guilds like that allways end up breaking up (which is what happend)

and jamie/hello it was me (Andy) i did it due to boredom and just the fact that i could, but none of my exploited gold went into game/other players hands it was just sat in my storage

also chris a RTZ dropping sowg within the first 2 weeks seems abit OTT

sumfuka

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 14, 2007
should shut the serve down, use new files and start it up fresh for the new year

thebeastyone-SA

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 7, 2004
Swindon
Anyone know why I cant get past putting ID/PW in? The dragons don't fly in to reveal char screen.

edit, fixed somehow switched server.ini with the old one

Last edited:

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Still getting over 100 players at peak times. Feel free to come join us!

Levelling aint too hard so won't take you too long to catch up, and we have loads of helpful players willing to help new players out.

A Christmas even is also been planned.

kalagon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2003
South, England
You have to make accounts very fast or it times out when creating an account. Other then that good little server lots of people over 145 people on yesterday