Reunited [2.3] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
Re: Mir reunited

I partly agree with Bon this time.

Fair enough, they've created a euro mir server to bring back what Mir is meant to be, and that I totally agree with and respect.

I agree with Bon on the fact that he's saying you should have made a few changes to the server to make things a little more interesting. I love the old euro Mir but however much people try to make bring it back it will never be the same therefore a few little changes, as Bon stated few quests, few changes to the caves, would make the server a little different. This would make some parts of the server a mystery to everyone instead of everyone knowing everything about Mir.

I hope it goes well anyway, I want to give this a go later.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield

Fair enough, they've created a euro mir server to bring back what Mir is meant to be, and that I totally agree with and respect.

I agree with Bon on the fact that he's saying you should have made a few changes to the server to make things a little more interesting. I love the old euro Mir but however much people try to make bring it back it will never be the same therefore a few little changes, as Bon stated few quests, few changes to the caves, would make the server a little different. This would make some parts of the server a mystery to everyone instead of everyone knowing everything about Mir.

This whole thing started out as a few people from euro wanted to play with some old friends, with a server pretty much the same as euro, but obviously quicker levelling.

This then snowballed and more people wanted to join... This was never meant to be as big as it has become lol.

strapon

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 10, 2011
ITV 9.25am

This would make some parts of the server a mystery to everyone instead of everyone knowing everything about Mir.

Think this was my main problem with it. Was great to speak to people and enjoyed hunting as a noob again in mines etc.
Got to lvl21 then it hit me, Ive done this all before, I know exactly whats coming.

Theres a great atmosphere about the server but cba to grind away leveling to get to exactly the same point I was at like 10 years or something ago.
I think people who havent really bothered with private servers over the years will enjoy it alot more than those who have.

Ulitma

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2005

Havnt played mir in ages but,thought id give it a try seems very hard to start off with would of been nice if some quests were in to give abit of a boost or a exp boost til lvl 20 or sumthing when things get more intresting,and possibly some extra npc"s n/features.

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005

I got bored after hitting level 15.
I have to say the only decent thing about this server is the usercount and the old faces you get to see.

Theres plenty of tiny edits and additions that could of been added to make the server flow a little smoother.
Especially through the lower levels.

Y2Chris

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 4, 2003

For what it's worth, there will be quests added, but it just wasn't a huge priority for the opening of the server.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007

Think this was my main problem with it. Was great to speak to people and enjoyed hunting as a noob again in mines etc.
Got to lvl21 then it hit me, Ive done this all before, I know exactly whats coming.

Theres a great atmosphere about the server but cba to grind away leveling to get to exactly the same point I was at like 10 years or something ago.
I think people who havent really bothered with private servers over the years will enjoy it alot more than those who have.

Am seeing this alot, people saying they have done this all before and cba doing it again... If thats the case then surly you would quit Mir? your doing exactly the same on a high rate server but just quicker.

My guess they never knew how big the server would get and just focused on euro, not adding anything in until they have launched the server and they have already said they will add/fix as they progress.

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums

tbh server is great how it is with slow but steady updates will only get better

Last edited:

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield

I'm a bit bored of levelling at level19, but I always get bored of levelling!

Will keep logging on for an hour or so a day and get a couple of levels.

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008

107 user count at mo o.O

Last edited:

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield

Pretty impressive to be honest.

No doubt numbers will soon drop, but should still end up with a healthy user count.

Spend a while making one big update (new caves, items ect) and implement it when people start to get bored and so on, should be good.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
In all honesty I logged on, killed a deer and logged off. lol that's all it took for me to think "yeah, i've done this too many times" especially with 2.3 files. It's a shame because that usercount is great and that's really what makes low rates fun, grouping, guilding, big fights, banter and everything else that comes with an mmo. I can't help but wish this had been done on updated files, taking off where euro would be today, rather than where it was 5/6 years ago.

People try it all the time but fail because of the usercount, which of course isn't the case here.

That's not a dig btw as I know that's not what was asked of these guys, that's just what I want ;)

Last edited:

TerryTibbs

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 8, 2011
United Kingdom

They could of made it with, 2.6 files to carry on the game. so it would have horses/tigers/wolfs and hell caves incl lunar ancient ruins etc. (also skills plague,/powerburst etc (assasin class)

Witty44

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 21, 2010

This looks great!

I remeber saying quite a while ago i wanted the LomCN community to do somthing simlar. Stick all the best server runners together and sort out a LomCN lom2 Euro"Style" server. With obvious updates and added bits!

Think i'll get myself on this some time =)

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004

Server sucks now .. TDB doesnt work properly :D Well done ....

I agree with tai, Using the 2.6 files (removing Heroes / Assassins if needed). Atleast then they would've had a server than can be updated...

Y2Chris

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 4, 2003

TDB doesn't work like Euro. It still works.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004

Urrrm these are supposed to be like Euro ? TDB being the only decent spell .. Dont go back on what u said.

The only reason i loved euro was because TDB cained faces (and you could pvp properly). Now warriors are not what they're supposed to be so, Whats the point ? Your not providing a EURO server anymore.

Last edited: