Samurai MIR3

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
yeah sorted about 30+ issues since I put the x16 up the other day, so working hard here. Also added in Armours, Helms & boots upto lvl 155. Added jewellery upto level 110, and still working on them. Need to add a few more weaps in to go upto 155. Also reworked the stats on level 50 and 60 kit so that it is better now. Fixed the Upgrade Gem npc, horse script is totally rewritten from scratch. Rebirth and Skill Upgrade npc's reworked to require less fame for them, but also to require Skill or Rebirth tokens as required. Loads more updates still being done. All in all actively updating the server and aiming to improve it before it goes live. Also working on the items and scripts for the valentines event which will run for 4 days next month. I'll probably run the same kinda event each year so it pays off I'm getting the events done bit by bit, so much easier that way lol.

Thanks to everyone for thier patience so far, I apologise for the issues to date and for the wipes. But in the long run these things make the server a better place to play.

Last edited:

Legion

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 7, 2010
yeah sorted about 30+ issues since I put the x16 up the other day, so working hard here. Also added in Armours, Helms & boots upto lvl 155. Added jewellery upto level 110, and still working on them. Need to add a few more weaps in to go upto 155. Also reworked the stats on level 50 and 60 kit so that it is better now. Fixed the Upgrade Gem npc, horse script is totally rewritten from scratch. Rebirth and Skill Upgrade npc's reworked to require less fame for them, but also to require Skill or Rebirth tokens as required. Loads more updates still being done. All in all actively updating the server and aiming to improve it before it goes live.

Thanks to everyone for thier patience so far, I apologise for the issues to date and for the wipes. But in the long run these things make the server a better place to play.

Hope I was enough help, cant play until after the 21st now, this was my last day, switching isp's so im offline for at least a week until they reconnect me.

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
yeah lol damn inconvenience of having to talk on console at the same time shops restock and mons rs causes it to freeze at times, reli need to upgrade the motherboard/ram/processor/hdd lol

Lol I give up talking on console for tonight. Just doesn't like it. Deffo gonna upgrade the hardware for the server before it goes live as it doesnt like me talking on console lol

Last edited:

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
Yeah taken the server offline to try and figure out how exactly to limit grp bonus to those users that are actually on that map at the time. Also trying to work out how exactly to ensure the right amount of grp bonus is given for each group size. Will have the server back on by 10am whethere I sort it or not, just wont have grp bonus enabled if I can't fix it.

hallmat

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 19, 2007
the issue started when you added VE's third castle before that it was fine. ohh well hope you have fun and succseed in the server m8.

should of just spoke to me not do what you did

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
Yeah taken the server offline to try and figure out how exactly to limit grp bonus to those users that are actually on that map at the time. Also trying to work out how exactly to ensure the right amount of grp bonus is given for each group size. Will have the server back on by 10am whethere I sort it or not, just wont have grp bonus enabled if I can't fix it.

Your a joke of a server host tbh, u didnt tell your players u were taking it down for the night, it was ''just rebooting to fix bonus exp''

Just give up tbh, hallmat done a better job in the half a day he was hosting than u have in all your time put together.

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
Excuse me Buaghan, but I put a message on here saying it was down for the night. I decided to take it down to try and fix the grp bonus. If you think Im a joke because I actually try to get things fixed then thats upto you, but your wrong. It's beta stage remember. There will be times when I need to take it down and fix things. Anyway.. Server is back up now, if possible can people try the grpbonus in NumaRuins as the script for there is slightly different than the rest and need it testing before I change the rest of the scripts.

Legion

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 7, 2010
Excuse me Buaghan, but I put a message on here saying it was down for the night. I decided to take it down to try and fix the grp bonus. If you think Im a joke because I actually try to get things fixed then thats upto you, but your wrong. It's beta stage remember. There will be times when I need to take it down and fix things. Anyway.. Server is back up now, if possible can people try the grpbonus in NumaRuins as the script for there is slightly different than the rest and need it testing before I change the rest of the scripts.

I believe you said there wouldnt be a wipe until end of beta, now I dont know about everyone else, but if your answer to every problem is either wipe or close server until its fixed then your never going to get this finished, the whole point of beta is for players to let you know whats happening to fix things.....and the way you talk down to players is ridiculous, we try to help and half the time you either ignore our comments or just laugh at them thinking your always right, well newsflash your not.

I have tried to be nice in my comments, critiscm but its about time you started being a proper gm, listening to players is key because in the end its us who play/test the server.

That said I like the server but your attitude and behaviour I dont.

RazzleDazzle

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
~{Aylesbury}~
I believe you said there wouldnt be a wipe until end of beta, now I dont know about everyone else, but if your answer to every problem is either wipe or close server until its fixed then your never going to get this finished, the whole point of beta is for players to let you know whats happening to fix things.....and the way you talk down to players is ridiculous, we try to help and half the time you either ignore our comments or just laugh at them thinking your always right, well newsflash your not.

I have tried to be nice in my comments, critiscm but its about time you started being a proper gm, listening to players is key because in the end its us who play/test the server.

That said I like the server but your attitude and behaviour I dont.

Agree completely. Zordons always blames the players for stuff he has broken. Ye his attitude stinks.....Hallmatt listened to the players and tried to fix the problems instead of just wiping.....wiping even though there were still many many bugs to be found.

Group bonus shouldnt of been added to so many caves until it was working 100% on 1 floor of 1 cave. Whatever happened to just copying and pasting once you got one line of a script working?.

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003

rofl, i was ingame when u shouted ''you guys want me to do a quick reboot before i go bed to fix grp bonus'', nowhere did u say u were taking it down for the night.

you constantly blame your players for error's YOU have caused.

you constantly blame your problems on a) being tired , b) your children playing u up, or c) a mix of the 2

you have wiped 3? times now and its been up less than a week

all in all everyone is losing patience in you, your failing big time.

RazzleDazzle

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
~{Aylesbury}~
Anyway.. Server is back up now, if possible can people try the grpbonus in NumaRuins as the script for there is slightly different than the rest and need it testing before I change the rest of the scripts.

Group bonus doesnt work in numaruins. surprise surprise lol

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
Right just to clear things up, I dont blame players for bugs. I get annoyed when players refuse to tell me about bugs because they are using them to there advantage. Yeah I had an attitude last night, I don't think anyone could blame me as I'd been up for like 18-19 hours, spent most of that time working on stuff for the server and had people complaining about various things all day. Frankly I can see why you guys get annoyed when I wipe, yeah I did that as too many items were in game that shouldnt have been, yeah thats down to me working on the database. At the end of the day I'm trying to make the playing experience better for all, if I allow things to be in game that really shouldn't be at the moment, it's going to spoil it for others. Most people agreed with the wipe so thats why it was done. Yeah I didn't intend to wipe at all during beta but sometimes it has to be done to fix things on the database.

Group Bonus in Numa is scripted completely differently. So if it isn't working then thats no big deal, It's trial and error at times and I learn from it. Try finding a post on here that gives a script for 3 different levels of experience for 3 different grp sizes that only gives exp for the people on that map. I guarantee you wont find it, what I'm trying to do I haven't seen anywhere else so bare with me while I try to get it right.

I do apologise for my attitude at times. Just what i'm like when I'm tired and stressed from trying to get things working.

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
Just wanna say who ever was just ddosing my server, get a life. If you think it's funny to do that you clearly need to get a life.

Myth

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 1, 2006
Accrington
take it its down because of whoever it were DDOSing ur server? u managed to sort things?

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
take it its down because of whoever it were DDOSing ur server? u managed to sort things?

That's one reason it went down to try and stop it. Then I had a parite virus infect the server pc so had to start again and ended up with numerous problems because of that lol.

Since then had the HDD corrupted/wiped when I moved in February, and then my backup drive got broken... So... after all that managed to find another backup of the files elsewhere and have started working on them again finally.

As soon as I can get all the files back on my pc, as can't get Netcheck/Loader on there with my antivirus being a pain in the ass at the moment, I'll load it all up and see where it all is lol.

spartekas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 21, 2009
USA
ok im back, I know few things oon the dosing, and how to stop it......... the files actually have spyware that is why antivirus usally dont work. Even AV will detect it and quantine the whole server core files.. still very hard to find a good server, GM, the grp bonus was awesome on xenos.. I have just spent 1.5hours reading crap under Hasukera, and got a questionable reply from a GM.... People do get tired of starting over. Let me try to find the setup files. btw got new pc... other server is hard love guild, disrespect GMs. Ask ill tell ya!!

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
The dosing wasn't anything to do with the files, was someone deliberately doing it. I suspect I know who the culprit was, and have blocked that particular ip from connecting to anything on my server pc. On topic, the server has been moved to king files as there is a lot more I can do with them (and a lot more contained in the files anyway). If you check the server ad you'll get an idea of exactly what is in game so far :)

Xenos? Didnt think that ever had group bonus? You sure you don't mean on Samurai? lol either way, please keep discussion about this server.