Server Owners [READ HERE]

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Greetings server owners! In past discussions we of LOMCN have debated upon making servers discuss their donation list with us and we have decided to make this a rule upon it being brought up by the team. If you have any issues with this please contact us with a good reason and we will decide upon it as a team.

For those who are curious why we are making this a rule the simple reason is we're able to understand what servers are after a quick cash and which are up for the long term (a.k.a after the LOMCN approved tag at least).

What you are required to do is basically provide us screenshots or a written up version of your gameshop, we ask that you attach this to your server advertisement so player can also see what type of server they are joining and we are also able to decide whether the values are fair or not.

Servers have from the 9th of october til the 16th of October to update there server ads

If you have any questions about this please contact members of staff or post them here.

/Czeldabolg

Last edited:

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
About time. I think this rule we clearly show the tacky money making servers to the public. Hopefully they'll realise and stop feeding these terrible servers.

May I ask, would you delete advertisements if they fail to show a valid donation list, probably meaning they are hiding their over priced items.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Personally I see no reason as to why they would not show there gameshop / donation area as it's public view already, all we're doing is having the information available before someone downloads a client.

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
You will always get people who will break rules mate, you need to be able to delete advertisements if they don't do show their correct donation lists on the forum else the rule isn't enforced. Basically it's a if you don't do this then this happens situation :P

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
If they don't display their gameshop list then of course we have the power to remove their advertisement.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Sorry but i didnt get any word of this?

where was this post for lomcn team to see?

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
where sorry i may have had to many long island ice teas

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Ridiculous idea really, was introduced before and scrapped.

End of day if people wish to part with their money, they should do at their own risk. All lomcn should do is warn people of scammers. Policing was removed for a reason, dont go back in time.

Also this idea has one big flaw.. which renders it useless. Whether its a para for £40 or small items for £2.. the owner makes £££... and could run off at any second. By forcing them to provide a list you're not helping prevent the 'money makers in a week' and promoting the 'long term server' as money makers will just lower prices to 'suit' the sensible amount and just bleed people dry longer for more $$$

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003

End of day if people wish to part with their money, they should do at their own risk. All lomcn should do is warn people of scammers. Policing was removed for a reason, dont go back in time.

Also this idea has one big flaw.. which renders it useless. Whether its a para for £40 or small items for £2.. the owner makes £££... and could run off at any second. By forcing them to provide a list you're not helping prevent the 'money makers in a week' and promoting the 'long term server' as money makers will just lower prices to 'suit' the sensible amount and just bleed people dry longer for more $$$

True

ChronicleGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2004
Great idea if im honest.

It will expose the money grabbers for what they are :)

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
Well by providing a full donation list on the advertisement it will stop the money making servers from gaining user count as people wont want to download and play a server that has a over priced donation list.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Thats the thing they'll be smart about it and lower prices.. the money doesn't have to come in a lump sum.. they could collect a fair few quid over a month of small donations...

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
I see your point. If it was me with some power I wouldn't mind people selling cheap buffs and vanity items too keep a server running, maybe making a few quid for the effort they've put into a server, thats fine, but if they are selling any items that are going to increase the characters performance then I would just delete the advertisement as its a unfair thing to have on a donation list.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

No it wasn't.

Thats the thing they'll be smart about it and lower prices.. the money doesn't have to come in a lump sum.. they could collect a fair few quid over a month of small donations...

Selling small items and low costs is less of an issue, surely?

This way if people don't want to play a server where para rings cost £40, they don't even have to download the client and waste their time.

We are not trying to get rid of gameshops. If that's what you think you have misunderstood.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
I will not hide the fact this idea is not perfect, but it is a start. Smavid it has been discussed before and the keyword here is discussed. It has never been introduced however now it is. People may go oh i'll lower the prices, with the small amount that donate anyway it just means they'll be gaining less for there server not more (I would hope at least). Some servers currently do get about £200 a month i believe and that to me is ridiculous, if they lowered there prices they'd also get less income as most people don't donate these days anyway.

I can understand why you'd think terrible idea but personally we as staff NEED to know this information as it helps us dramatically and I believe in turn it also helps players.

If this sounds like we're trying to get rid of the donation servers this is not the case at all, we as LOMCN decided a while back we don't mind them, BUT we need to put some rules into place where we can see what donations are being run to be honest.

/Czeldabolg

Last edited:

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
No matter what someone's game shop says they sell, 99% of the time if someone offers a server owner money for something that isn't available then thats were the issues occur.

Just because an item might be expensive, or all items may be expensive, doesn't mean someone is going to run off. It could do the complete opposite. They could put it up with the intention of making some quick cash, make quite a bit and decide its worth putting effort in and carrying on with the server, in turn making a successful server.

Flawed idea, and no one is going to keep their lists up to date.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
No matter what someone's game shop says they sell, 99% of the time if someone offers a server owner money for something that isn't available then thats were the issues occur.

Just because an item might be expensive, or all items may be expensive, doesn't mean someone is going to run off. It could do the complete opposite. They could put it up with the intention of making some quick cash, make quite a bit and decide its worth putting effort in and carrying on with the server, in turn making a successful server.

Flawed idea, and no one is going to keep their lists up to date.

That's where we come in Celsius, I'll quite happily write up a rule set myself for this if need be where it's updated every month seems fair. Yes I am aware "under the table" deals happen but THIS is a start. Why people think this idea will not have flaws every rule does.

Talk about throwing in the towel before it's even begun. I will however remain adamant on making this a rule. There will be mixed views and I accept that. And to be fair if it's the complete opposite Celsius where they're charging £40-£50 for certain things then in my opinion and probably many others that's too much cash for a 10 year old game.

/Czeldabolg

Last edited:

TravisW

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
I kind of agree with this, and also don't.
True, LOMCN provides the server files for most of the servers online and should be able to set some kind of guidelines.

On the other hand, people should be smart enough to know that making "donations" to private servers leaves them vulnerable to loss.
Having an owner put up a list of gameshop items and prices does not mean they won't just sell items on the side for higher prices. And if you say "well, it will make them lower their prices", a ￾￾£5 para is just as bad as a £40 para. Wouldn't even more people be inclined to buy them cheaper, making the owner even more money?

At the end of the day people have to use their brain and decide what's best for them to do.