SijoMiR - Development

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
I am looking forward to this,

Although you advertised it originally as a brand new "euro" as such (Items, maps ect) a fresh perspective on mir, instead of the usual euro clones.

Yet i see an abundance of power axe's and heavy armors.

Im not going to have to spend 2 years aspiring to getting a DSS again am i?

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
Yet i see an abundance of power axe's and heavy armors.

Im not going to have to spend 2 years aspiring to getting a DSS again am i?

These items are some what noob gear on Sijo. There's many more armours and weapons to choose from so you won't be looking at the old ones for too long :)

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
These items are some what noob gear on Sijo. There's many more armours and weapons to choose from so you won't be looking at the old ones for too long :)

Ah thats good.

What PVP features does the server posses, one thing i haven't seen mentioned at all.

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
None as of yet.

We plan a lot of things for PvP. We'll be looking at creating our own way of making wars and how several castle sieges will be able to occur on one map. I know a lot of people love PvP so we've got several big idea's that will promote it.

Eddie Strike

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2010
After being let down by Arcadia server, all my hope is now on SijoMir

good luck mates

XXXXX

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jan 12, 2004
Wipe after beta?
What will be in the item mall?
What kind of pricing?

Looks nice though.

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
Wipe after beta?
What will be in the item mall?
What kind of pricing?

Looks nice though.

Yes they'll be a wipe. We've had to remake most of our work that we did before we moved onto the AceM2 files so we have new content compared to what was seen from our first beta at the end of 2011.

We look to help test these new files, balance the new content we've made, fix any issue's that our testers find and expand from there.

Yes there will be an item mall or donation list. It won't contain anything that allows you to "pay to win". The pricing will be very reasonable in comparison to a lot of server's. Nice, cheap perk's for everyone to enjoy and for anyone to be able to afford. The donation list will be developed later as we need to focus on getting the server right as soon as we can to implement any custom features to go with it which will add to our unique idea's already.

Last edited:

XXXXX

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jan 12, 2004
Not a problem, thanks for the reply fella. Do we know how long you guys are looking at having the beta run for?

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
To be honest, we're not entirely sure. We'll probably decide a few weeks into it. After beta depending on how things go we will either release or have another beta. The next beta would have people start from xx level at the new content we would have added from the previous beta so that player's are constantly testing new content for us.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
To be honest, we're not entirely sure. We'll probably decide a few weeks into it. After beta depending on how things go we will either release or have another beta. The next beta would have people start from xx level at the new content we would have added from the previous beta so that player's are constantly testing new content for us.
btw why do you need to wipe in the Open Beta?

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
Because major changes will be made during and after open beta. As much as we'd like to release now I don't think it's the right time. We need this beta to help balance the server properly so that when we are finally ready to release the server is balanced. Not only is a balanced server much for fun and rewarding, it allows for a proper economy to form. There's no point in releasing early or having no wipe because people will have exploited the **** out of anything that wasn't intended to be that way leaving new players in the dust when everyone is already a high level with millions of gold. I believe if you want a server to be successful you need to have several test phases with wipes.

XXXXX

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jan 12, 2004
Agree'd.

Now to trust the beta testers to report such potential exploits during beta :)

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Because major changes will be made during and after open beta. As much as we'd like to release now I don't think it's the right time. We need this beta to help balance the server properly so that when we are finally ready to release the server is balanced. Not only is a balanced server much for fun and rewarding, it allows for a proper economy to form. There's no point in releasing early or having no wipe because people will have exploited the **** out of anything that wasn't intended to be that way leaving new players in the dust when everyone is already a high level with millions of gold. I believe if you want a server to be successful you need to have several test phases with wipes.
yes but most of the mir servers in Open Beta only wipe if there is a really bad bug, like some1 exploiting something for gold or items, you dont have that option, its wipe either way.

Nemo

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
UK -Manchester
yes but most of the mir servers in Open Beta only wipe if there is a really bad bug, like some1 exploiting something for gold or items, you dont have that option, its wipe either way.

Yes but if they're having several phases of testing, including making people higher level to test new content, then obviously they're going to wipe.

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007

Yes and most server's are failure's. They end up getting shut down in a few weeks/months because of the exact reason you stated along with other factors such as poor maintenance, lack of effort/thought when adding new content and poor attitude as a game master. A wipe is necessary after it's been tested so that everyone has a fair chance from the get-go to tackle the balanced content.

Last edited:

Chaiyns

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 6, 2013
Yes and most server's are failure's. They end up getting shut down in a few weeks/months because of the exact reason you stated along with other factors such as poor maintenance, lack of effort/thought when adding new content and poor attitude as a game master. A wipe is necessary after it's been tested so that everyone has a fair chance from the get-go to tackle the balanced content.

Reading this makes me happy.