TV Licence

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
No you don't.

You can have as many TVs as you want, but you pay your license to be able to receive the broadcasts - not to use your equipment. You can play consoles, watch dvds, heck - even watch TV on the internet without having a TV license.

You need to be covered by a valid TV Licence if you watch or record TV as it's being broadcast. This includes the use of devices such as a computer, laptop, mobile phone or DVD/video recorder.

Ok so not just to watch a dvd i was mistaken, but you still need one if your watching on the internet or mobile.

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
from tv lisence

Do I need a licence if I haven't got a TV and I watch telly on my laptop?You will not need a licence if you only view video clips on the Internet (via sites such as YouTube), as long as what you are viewing is not being shown on TV at the same time as you are viewing it. If you are a student your parents licence may cover you but only in very limited circumstances. See students

so i can watch stuff that was on yesterday and thats ok lol?

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
I was actually told you need a TV lisence for consoles, PC's, Laptop, DVD, VHS, Portable TV etc

I don't agree with TV lisence BBC sucks they stop the good shows for crap one's because it's not in the budget range, the only BBC channel I like is BBC3 mainly for the fact there's some damn good comedy shows apart from that BBC can suck on my big toe.

Forgot to add:
If your in a block of flat's or a converted house turned flat's there's no way they can find out if you have a TV or not (aslong as someone living in one of the flat's is paying for it) as they go by Aerials/dish's.
I did have the same problem but as soon as I called an told them my new address the letters stopped although there was a guy with a little hand held thing saying you dont have a lisence which I did just at the time I hadn't changed address with them.

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
pete thats from the website for tv lis. lol

id rather not paying anything and have bbc switched off somehow.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Switch off the BBC? Get a grip. It's the first & largest broadcasting company in the world & you want to just turn it off for the sake of saving a bit of cash? A bit selfish really.

Take a minute & think what impact the BBC had & still has on life here in the UK, then comment.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
Switch off the BBC? Get a grip. It's the first & largest broadcasting company in the world & you want to just turn it off for the sake of saving a bit of cash? A bit selfish really.

Take a minute & think what impact the BBC had & still has on life here in the UK, then comment.

=O no bruce parry ! :(

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I really don't mind "having" to watch ads tbh, even if it's just for a break. If you want to go to the loo during a program on BBC you either miss some of it or get Sky+!

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Well yeah, but you can think of it the other way around. Watching F1 on ITV was a pain as during the adverts you miss some of the race.

Swings & roundabouts really.

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
i didnt mean get rid of the bbc but i think it should be optional.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

Yep, thought about it, turn it off please... Unless the TV Licence pays for Radio 1.... Not sure about this one, if it does it can stay.

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
=S I dont care what the BBC has done for anyone. I'm pretty sure I can live without it. TV licenses suck, thats my opinion!

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
BBC Sports
BBC Radio
BBC News
BBC Bite size
BBC Tv
CBBC
CBeebies

BBC is muhassive! Thats only a selection of their areas i can think of.

Ryan you suck imo!!!<3

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
Maybe he works for a tv license company and is reeling in huge piles? :D who knows :O