Which Will You Play?

smoochy boys on tour

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Just want to know what game everyone will be playing, 3 hyped games coming out soon, Tera, Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2. Not really been playing much games recently so looking to get into one but can't decide.

My view on the 3 and i not played any of them, just my personal opinion.

Diablo 3 - The biggest of all 3 and will have the most players by far, but i never played the others so will i be confused on whats going on, the story etc.. the game it's self doesn't look amazing but i guess they wanted to stick to the diablo style.

Tera - Graphics look great, PVE/PVP looks fun from what i have watched, but combat looks a little slugish but it's different. I followed this game ages ago and forgot most of it but is it Korea with the first release? which means they will have new updates well before we do which is a let down, was the same with Aion.

Guild Wars 2 - I shouldn't comment on this tbh but it looks **** lol, i have not seen anything that seems unique, when i watched a video for the first time i thought it was a F2P game, but i know Guild Wars was successful and there is major hype over this. Also a down fall for me is NCSoft, spent alot of years with them and they were terrible, customer support was so bad and a couple of there titles have gone F2P or shut down.

Am leaning towards Tera at the moment but i don't know if i can be arsed with another asian game, so i might go with Diablo 3... I don't know maybe both... =/.

Anyway let me know what your playing, if you played any share some reviews please.

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
ill be playing diablo 3 on release , didnt get much time on it in beta but looks good.

pm me your name and ill add you once iam on.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
TERA all the way. serious creamage, only 3 hours till release.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
TERA all the way. serious creamage, only 3 hours till release.

Isn't that release just for taking names? and the full game release is the 3rd of may? Or is it some sort of head start for pre orders? can't remember which game it was but i know 1 of them have a head start if you pre ordered.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Name creation was yesterday, headstart (for preorder people) is today in an hour. Then full release is 3rd may.

afshangrudar1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2009
Nothing really appeals to me tbh, every game seems to over complicate the classes and have ridiculous sized mobs/armour/weapons etc. Mir was just perfect because you could (albeit with limited options because its an old game) customise your classes to function in different ways that are similar to the x number of classes that games have now. It had a great balance between realism and fantasy with simple but addictive gameplay and features. The obsession with a 3D FPS style camera has also made movement crap and PVP little more than button bashing. PoE looks cool but again over complicated and as is the trend will prob have too much available in the item shop. IMO games should have bronze/silver/gold monthly subscriptions with added non crutial perks and a r/l payment shop for mob dropped items (like diablo but make them marked as "ebayed" or something).

Last edited:

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
how can people still be playing mir , i played in 10 years ago and played till euro clsoed. The game was dead way before euro closed.

I really dont understand how people can be assed to keep leveling every month on a new server to be the ''best''.

Id like to try Tera but funds wont let me atm :(

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Tera and Diablo 3 are pretty dam cheap if am honest

Tera £28.47
Diablo 3 £32.91

Usually these types of games cost around £40-50 so i was surprised when i saw those prices on Amazon. I will be ordering Tera as it's more my type of game, but won't be playing on release date, i cba with spending 1hour trying to kill 10 mobs because there so many people doing the same quest, probably give it was a day or so before logging in.

I like have each class on Tera has it's own story in a way, like other games are the same but they always lead up to the same purpose but with Tera it seems different, well from this video will explain it better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MkQFK0ruLM&feature=g-all-u

Tera and Diablo 3 section should be made though, am sure there going to be alot of people here trying either of these games out soon.

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Level 20 on TERA, got myself a Lion mount. Whos jelly?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Stop braggin about a vendor mount but i am jelly i must admit -.-.

What class are you playing?.

Is not vendor mount, is my preorder bonus. Im a Popori Slayer. I played a sorcerer to max in CB so decided to go the opposite way now :)

frostliontera3.jpg

By far the best mmo i've played to date.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Is not vendor mount, is my preorder bonus. Im a Popori Slayer. I played a sorcerer to max in CB so decided to go the opposite way now :)

frostliontera3.jpg

By far the best mmo i've played to date.

Oh was planning on playing sorc but i hear they are extremely squishy, like if you get cought in pvp your pretty much dead and you need to kite like a archer.

That Mounts detail looks crazy, not looking forward to seeing my fps tbh.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Yeah sorcerers are very squishy, which is why i didn't wanna go with them in release. They're lots of fun, but go down really easily unless you can constantly play from a distance.

My FPS is a steady 30 no matter what im doing.

I'll take a few screens in a sec, but my char looks pretty pathetic atm.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
My popori before it dinged 32(yes i made it look like a dog)

b6Iva.jpg

Will grab some more screenies during head start, 2hours 30mins to go o/