wireless adapter for a normal comp

smoochy boys on tour

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
anybody know where i can get some sort of adapter that will make a normal computer be able to pickup and connect to wireless networks like a laptop would ?

nicofortune

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
they should all come with software when you purchase them but also most windows has drivers in the already for most of the latest wireless adapters and you can search for wireless connections via windows in a few clicks

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
God I hate wireless due to the fact my connection always dropped after so long (very annoying playing games) and that was using 2 or 3 diffrent wireless adapters, I will never do wireless adapters again :(

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
God I hate wireless due to the fact my connection always dropped after so long (very annoying playing games) and that was using 2 or 3 diffrent wireless adapters, I will never do wireless adapters again :(

Hmm iv never had this problem, you must be in a blind spot or something.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Hmm iv never had this problem, you must be in a blind spot or something.

Even if I was sitting about 5 ft away from the router it disconnected I even tried to use tin foil to boost the signal, it did what it was meant to do just it still kept dropping connection.

Laptop wireless worked perfectly.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Would much rather have my PC hard wired personally, but I only have 1 PC and it's right where the router is.

All other 4 laptops connect wireless with no problems at all.

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk

Yeh i had a problem similar, every 1-2 weeks i had to reset the router to get my wireless signal back this was a few years back now though.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Yeh i had a problem similar, every 1-2 weeks i had to reset the router to get my wireless signal back this was a few years back now though.

It happened to me every few hours and it was nothing to do with router as my laptop was always connected when it was on and I used it for long periods at times, had it with my old PC as well I hate wireless, well actually wireless hates me.

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
The chances are it was a belkin router? they had a batch of faulty ones, working in an I.T background its something that has come up a few times before with sertant belkin models.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
The chances are it was a belkin router? they had a batch of faulty ones, working in an I.T background its something that has come up a few times before with sertant belkin models.

Ermm well I've used two routers, BT home hub and the sky broadband one.

The adaptors I've used is a netgear and I think some 'unknown' one. (can't remember the make)

Makes no odds to me ether way I prefer wired network for my PC.