UK
yup.

PS2 is more liked ova XBox cuz there is loads more games,

simple as! :P lol

chronicle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 8, 2003
Nintendo = Party Games (Muti-player Focused Console)
PS3 = Fighting and racing with the odd decent RPG
XBOX = no idea dont like xbox

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
HolyCow said:
However, how often do you play PS1 games on your PS2? I can't see backwards compatability being much of a problem when you've got all these new games to enjoy. Besides, if I want to play an Xbox game, I'll just grab my old Xbox :)

I actually do it quite often and consider it a very important feature to have

Chronicle said:
Nintendo = Party Games (Muti-player Focused Console)
PS3 = Fighting and racing with the odd decent RPG
XBOX = no idea dont like xbox

Odd decent rpg?, The playstation is RPG king and has many great rpgs
The Xbox has Fable.... and the Gamecube has Tos and Baiten Katos(sp?) I dont even cosider Zelda a proper rpg

HolyCow

MiloFoxburr said:
I actually do it quite often and consider it a very important feature to have
Fair enough then. I just don't think that backwards compatability is a major selling point of a console, yeah, it's nice to have but it's hardly essential but each to their own.
MiloFoxburr said:
I dont even cosider Zelda a proper rpg
Yay! I hate it when people say that Zelda is an RPG when clearly it's not. However, in saying that, I also don't think that Fable can be classed as an RPG either. Xbox does have Jade Empire, KOTOR, KOTOR 2 and Morrowind though.

Sean

Developer
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
May 13, 2003
Biohazard said:
No it doesnt.

Since you obviously can't read, I shall copy&paste.

-Three symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each
-1 MB L2 cache
-512 MB of 700 MHz GDDR3 RAM
-9 billion dot product operations per second
-Instant, out-of-the-box access to Xbox Live features with broadband service, including Xbox Live Marketplace for downloadable content, gamer profile for digital identity, and voice chat to talk to friends while playing games, watching movies, or listening to music
-Built-in Ethernet port
-Wi-Fi ready: 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g
-Video camera ready

What is PS3's? specs? Oh yeah - the so called "cell" chip that is supossedly "new technology"- even though it is in my old motherboard.

PS3's is so much more superior to the 360 you wouldn't believe it..

-Three symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each:
PS3 - over 2 teraflops (that's over 2 trillion floating-point calculations to you).
360 - Around 1 teraflop.

-Built-in Ethernet port:
PS3 also has gigabyte lan.

-Wi-Fi ready: 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g:
Exactly the same as the PS3.

The PS3's GPU is also superior to that of the Xbox 360..

I was intially part of the 360 camp, but my money is going to sony, for sure.

Love

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 27, 2004
The Garden
Zelda is an adventure game.

Xbox is a great rpg system.

Playstation is for jap knockoffs.

Nintendo is for party/kids games (as said above).

However in the last gen consoles Xbox was for also for a better gfx quality and abilty to basicly turn into a computer tbh, next gen consoles looks like PS3 is up on the gfx side of things, as for games and stuff other than KillZone 2 i see nothing great from them (but the same can be said for the X360 atm).

Im undecided on the Revolution atm as ive heard fk all from Nintendo apart from the downloadable archive of classic games (which is why i WILL be getting one), but whether it can actually compete with the other 2 next gen consoles is yet to be seen.

Last edited:

Love

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 27, 2004
The Garden
Damn, i thought you were going to start moaning about the jap knockoff sentence instead.

I'd rather have americanised (whatever the fk you mean by that, all the rpg's i have played on the xbox are either in space or an mythical asian setting) than unplayable jap crap.

:doggy!:

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Love said:
Damn, i thought you were going to start moaning about the jap knockoff sentence instead.

I'd rather have americanised (whatever the fk you mean by that, all the rpg's i have played on the xbox are either in space or an mythical asian setting) than unplayable jap crap.

American RPGs are totally different to Japanese RPGs which are far far better lol

Fable was as close to a japanese rpg as you will ever get Unless these Mistwalker games turn out to be decent

Love

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 27, 2004
The Garden
Fable sucked tbh, JadeEmpire was 210% better (in every way).

KOTOR beats the sh!t out of both of them (well maybe not JE tbh).

And give me some differences between American and Japanese RPG's other than that the jap ones are "far far better" because that means absolutely fuc.k all to anyone apart from you.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Love said:
Fable sucked tbh, JadeEmpire was 210% better (in every way).

KOTOR beats the sh!t out of both of them (well maybe not JE tbh).

And give me some differences between American and Japanese RPG's other than that the jap ones are "far far better" because that means absolutely fuc.k all to anyone apart from you.

hard to explain I find Japanese rpgs have a deeper storyline than any american rpg

Love

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 27, 2004
The Garden
Theres a difference between a 'deeper' storyline and a storyline you prefer, i found KOTOR, JadeEmpire and Fable had deep storylines, just because you prefer a FF storyline to Star Wars one doesn't make the FF one any better or give it more depth, its all about personal preference and willingness to go a far as you can into the storyline.

Name one RPG that you have played fully on the xbox.

I am going to honestly say ive never played any games on the ps2 (apart from the Eye Toy ones) because i have yet to find a game that actually appeals to me (apart from KH but even tho it arrived over a month ago i still havn't gotten around to playing it yet). So im not going to start saying the RPG's ive played on the xbox are better than the ones on the ps2.

Last edited:

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Love said:
Theres a difference between a 'deeper' storyline and a storyline you prefer, i found KOTOR, JadeEmpire and Fable had deep storylines, just because you prefer a FF storyline to Star Wars one doesn't make the FF one any better or give it more depth, its all about personal preference and willingness to go a far as you can into the storyline.

Name one RPG that you have played fully on the xbox.

I am going to honestly say ive never played any games on the ps2 (apart from the Eye Toy ones) because i have yet to find a game that actually appeals to me (apart from KoH but even tho it arrived over a month ago i still havn't gotten around to playing it yet). So im not going to start saying the RPG's ive played on the xbox are better than the ones on the ps2.

I aint played a single Xbox rpg then again I dont plan on doing it either they just dont appeal to me lol

Btw play KH fgs

HolyCow

Minion said:
I was intially part of the 360 camp, but my money is going to sony, for sure.
So your money is goint to Sony because they've wow'd you with figures and pretty pictures? :-/

HolyCow

Sorry but I was under the impression that none of the next gen consoles are out yet, how can there be any games for them. Besides, surely if he wanted the console for the games then he would've been with PS3 from the start and not change to it after seeing the specs.

~Obliviator~

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2005
Gangsters Paradise
lol ps2 n ps3 rock ! they will b best eva xbox r so sad and boring but xbox 360 will b gud but no wher near gud as ps3. In the worls thers like 200,000 likein xbox then like 99999999999999999999 people likein ps : sony.

Love

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 27, 2004
The Garden
~Obliviator~ said:
lol ps2 n ps3 rock ! they will b best eva xbox r so sad and boring but xbox 360 will b gud but no wher near gud as ps3. In the worls thers like 200,000 likein xbox then like 99999999999999999999 people likein ps : sony.

Let me be the first person to tell you the get the fu'ck off my thread, retard.