PC Shop Open?

smoochy boys on tour

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
urbanfox said:
On occasion I will be able to do hold certain things. For example, that processor above, if you are 100% sure and I mean 100% sure that you want it, but say you'll have the money in a week instead of today then depending on the price of the component I can front the cost and hold it for you. This is on several conditions though. First, like the one I listed above, I have to have the money available to put up the cost upfront. Second, the member needs to be known here and not a 13 year old (no offense) and finally, I need SERIOUS assurance that the buyer has every intention to purchase the CPU by a certain date. ATM I'm holding something for a member here but that's also because the above criteria was met and I felt comfortable.

That member backed out leaving me stuck with it, I got one more atm. Possibly another one or two I can get.

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
Hmm Blam is selling his for £150. Is there a difference between his and your card?

Turin

ps - oh and I've never ever owned an ATi card... any idea what the nVidia equivelant of that card is to give me an idea of the power?

Last edited:

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Turin said:
Hmm Blam is selling his for £150. Is there a difference between his and your card?

Turin

ps - oh and I've never ever owned an ATi card... any idea what the nVidia equivelant of that card is to give me an idea of the power?

His brand is Sapphire, mine is ATI, no real difference except for that.

The nvidia counterpart would be the 6800 GT.

Last edited:

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
I see; I was actually considering buying one of those 6800GT cards, because for some reason, I feel like I can trust nVidia chipsets more than any other manufacturer. In fact, I heard that they work better with AMD processors than they do with Intel. Is this true, or just another rumour?

Also, say I were to buy a upgrade card in June-July, would you recommend I invest in this card, which (hypothetically) would be a similar price? Or do you think those 7800GS and its ATi equivalent drop in price?

I've also seen this 7600GS card, which I am assuming is better than the 6800GT, for around £90. What's your take on that?

[EDIT] I got a link.

^^
Turin

Last edited:

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
Nice :D. Is that RAM PC4000? + I want your card lol. I didn't know it was better than the 7900GT! You got one for sale?

Also, do I have to upgrade tro 64bit Windows XP if I want to use the Opteron? I heard if you keep x84 windows, you have some problems with drivers for certain hardware.

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Turin said:
Nice :D. Is that RAM PC4000? + I want your card lol. I didn't know it was better than the 7900GT! You got one for sale?

Also, do I have to upgrade tro 64bit Windows XP if I want to use the Opteron? I heard if you keep x84 windows, you have some problems with drivers for certain hardware.

Ye, PC4000, usually does PC4400 or a little shy of it. X1900 (excluding AIW) is faster than a 7900 GTX.

x86 windows is any windows product. I would stick with regular windows xp. XP64 is ****, driver support isn't good, and there's software issues.

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
I'm thinking about the x800xl, do you actually have a website for your shop? Or is it just this forum? I'd like to have a look at everything you're offering m8.

Turin

Last edited:

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
[Confirmed]

I've made my mind up, I will buy the x800xl, if you're not offering anything better in the $215 price range (£120).

Card: ATi Radeon x800XL
Price: £85 shipped
Shipped by: [N/A]

See you soon,
Turin

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
Damn Urban, did you sell that DDR500 ram in your other thread? (assuming the thread was locked?).

:'(!
TuRiN

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Turin said:
Damn Urban, did you sell that DDR500 ram in your other thread? (assuming the thread was locked?).

:'(!
TuRiN

No, it's still available, I need to sell it quick to get some $$$ to purchase something. If want it PM me and I'll set up the cart again.

lol you're my only customer, 5 pounds off if ya want it.

EDIT

On second thought I'm going to hold on to it, don't need so much on my plate right now.

Last edited:

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
Okies,

errm, are opteron 180's better than 160s (w/ oc)?

x_x
Turin

ps - Paypal FINALLY got verified :D, so I can transfer money from my bank... but now my card wont work -_-

Last edited: