ArtificialMir.com

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
Thanks, guys. I mean to be fair I didn't actually ban him - the discord server ban list is and has always been empty (he's actually the first person I've ever taken any real action against) and I simply kicked him as he had stated he wasn't going to play, and then continued to insult our teams work (referring to us a cash grab etc. etc.) - I mean discord is a resource I refer to often when working on the files, and I don't appreciate someone who has no intention of playing the game lingering around to post negative comments, it's simply demotivating. I'm not trying to censor anyone, but the guy had made his intentions clear and continued to break our 'don't be a dick rule', so I simply helped him along his way.
I'm assuming with the lack of reply about the 50% pot, it's true?

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005

You can charge how much you want. Its your work and the team work. Players never appreciate the truly details of a server. They often jump from server to server. And by looking at Lemonfish he was a trusted member on Sapphire discord and wouldnt surprise me that Jamie would announce another cash cow server.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Again , has anybody actually seen how easy it is to obtain the gold to buy one of these exp pots in game ? For all you know it could be 30
Minute cash hunting for an hour of 50%?

50% exp pots are fine , the ones who cry are the ones who still think running a mir Server is free and wouldn’t tip their kebab delivery guy 10p on a £14.90 order , ****s

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
Some of the Mir community reminds me of Choosing Beggars. Surely people must accept by now that the free to play model has ingame purchases that help reduce the time needed to play the game.
Plus you can't just expect to play a server for free.
I also agree that the majority of people who buy these XP pots will be people that have jobs and will be playing Mir in a limited time frame. If you don't work and you play Mir all day and have money to spend on XP pots then thats ethically questionable. But who am I to say what people spend my hard earned tax money on :p

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
You can charge how much you want. Its your work and the team work. Players never appreciate the truly details of a server. They often jump from server to server. And by looking at Lemonfish he was a trusted member on Sapphire discord and wouldnt surprise me that Jamie would announce another cash cow server.
What is the point of this shitposting?

Can sell items for £1k too? Is that good advice?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

LOMValkyrie

Known Cheater
Oct 31, 2018
as far as im aware i think it is GG only and no gold options.

But yeah, its totally up to them to charge what they want for their work.

Regards

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
No problems from me, but I do hope EXP pots are available in ways other then GG.

Quests?
Drops?
GG obtainable from other ways than donating?

Not saying I'd expect them to be easily obtainable, but to at least have the change to get one without donating would be good.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
GS Items (to me) need to have other ways to be obtainable, like others say, it doesn't need to be easy but it dampens the P2W aspect.

We have used various means;
Quests, (Story and Others) - rewarding people for following the story quest line as well as doing other quests, they get exp pots etc.
Kill Points, killing bosses grants this so you can save these up from bossing and get exp/drop pots etc

In the future / whatever server I would:
Bosses drop GG scrolls
Add it into our "Goblin Mechs" but making them harder to kill and lower frequency spawns. but more rewarding when you find them
When its added, incorporate it into achievement rewards (as well as being able to gain GG from this)
Make Exclusive only Mount skins for GS Only
Possibly add in a subscription that you can pay GG for (that gives a buff that while you are subbed is applied for like a 10% EXP and Gold)
- Why I would do it as GG rather than being able to buy, as people who can get GG ingame from wherever can also get the sub.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Again , has anybody actually seen how easy it is to obtain the gold to buy one of these exp pots in game ? For all you know it could be 30
Minute cash hunting for an hour of 50%?

50% exp pots are fine , the ones who cry are the ones who still think running a mir Server is free and wouldn’t tip their kebab delivery guy 10p on a £14.90 order , ****s
It's attainable without gamegold then?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
I find it amusing that something is in GS is causing such a fuss before the server is even released. You could make the most perfect Mir ever and then something like a GS item can cause such controversy before the game is even released. Interesting...

Reactions: Swoosh

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Gold purchases are out, but those 2 specific items, 30% and 50% exp scrolls are roughly 25p and 55p respectively for the hour scrolls. Works out a bit cheaper than that if you buy the longer duration ones as well.

What I find funny is people claiming it needs this or must have <insert gimmicky system> like they have some kind of entitlement to decide how to build our game. My suggestion to those people is to put equal effort in and try to get head to head with my launch, our focus has always been on the core gameplay elements this will shine through, and the vast majority will understand why it's worth investing a few pence every few days.

I dont have the willingness to debate this with anyone so it's take it or leave it.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Possibly add in a subscription that you can pay GG for

How about not selling exp in any form (make it sacred, untouchable :eek: ) but putting on the talked about sub (via gg as LB says) but make it a condition to be able to log in and make it from higher level than euro level 7, like 22 or better, 33, or even 40? Levels under 40 are these days usually considered 'pre-game', like something to get over to get to the new stuff.

But I can see how sub condition to log in could kill a server, so how about giving perks instead but not exp buffs, say exclusive access to cave teleports (to some or all, at lev40 you would lose it unless subscribed).

I had an idea if subscribed accounts could have daylight in caves or gain access to more powerful lamps than normal? The mentioned exclusive mount skins would be nice too.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
How about not selling exp in any form (make it sacred, untouchable :eek: ) but putting on the talked about sub (via gg as LB says) but make it a condition to be able to log in and make it from higher level than euro level 7, like 22 or better, 33, or even 40? Levels under 40 are these days usually considered 'pre-game', like something to get over to get to the new stuff.

But I can see how sub condition to log in could kill a server, so how about giving perks instead but not exp buffs, say exclusive access to cave teleports (to some or all, at lev40 you would lose it unless subscribed).

I had an idea if subscribed accounts could have daylight in caves or gain access to more powerful lamps than normal? The mentioned exclusive mount skins would be nice too.

EXP is a huge incentive and getting alternatives that people would pay would be tough, awhile ago I was discussing the following for a subscription
(it did have an exp bonus but lets rule that out to see peoples feedback)

Elite Buff
(1000GG for a 1month buff, its not timed its based off a list so when your name is removed from the list, you lose the buff).
(Consecutive Months are 750GG)

GameGold Scrolls give you Twice the Reward Value.
You get 30% increased Kill Points Rewards when killing bosses
You have Exclusive Access to a "Night Dojo", that is a safe zone and gives you 2x exp for spells (only open at certain times)
You have Exclusive Access to a "Fishing Maps" these become accessible at random times, and again are safe zones.

You can use the EliteTigerMount (DC/SC/MC0-1) obtainable from the same NPC you buy the buff from.

Champion Buff
(1500GG for a 1month buff, its not timed its based off a list so when your name is removed from the list, you lose the buff).
(Consecutive Months are 1200GG)

You get 750 GG each month
GameGold Scrolls give you 2.5x the Reward Value.
You get 40% increased Kill Points Rewards when killing bosses
You have Exclusive Access to a "Secret Dojo", that is a safe zone and gives you 3x exp for spells (only open at certain times)
You have Exclusive Access to a "Fishing Maps" these become accessible at random times, and again are safe zones.
You can have a second go at the "Infinity Tower"

You can use the ChampionWolfMount (DC/SC/MC1-1) obtainable from the same NPC you buy the buff from.

Kill Points are an in game currency (same as GameGold - seperate shop for it) but only obtainable by killing bosses, doing achievements / some quests.
Infinity Tower is a challenge you can go in once a week, you proceed through harder floors, the person who is ranked the highest get rewards (there is a separate rankings page for who hits the highest floor / completes it) - 2nd/3rd etc can potentially get rewards also.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Gold purchases are out, but those 2 specific items, 30% and 50% exp scrolls are roughly 25p and 55p respectively for the hour scrolls. Works out a bit cheaper than that if you buy the longer duration ones as well.

What I find funny is people claiming it needs this or must have <insert gimmicky system> like they have some kind of entitlement to decide how to build our game. My suggestion to those people is to put equal effort in and try to get head to head with my launch, our focus has always been on the core gameplay elements this will shine through, and the vast majority will understand why it's worth investing a few pence every few days.

I dont have the willingness to debate this with anyone so it's take it or leave it.

I will just offer advice and not judgment, if ppl are complaining and it will effect your sanity come launch, I would just stick a poll out for the public to give there opinion of what they would enjoy in the game store.

After all you have made the server for these very ppl that are complaining. Aswell as self accomplishment.

The community is fickle these days generally. But also have played enough servers to know what potentially hinders there feel good factors.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014

not a bad price, and really it will be people like me that buy it as I dont have the time to invest in a LR like others, so I compensate by buying these haha

I personally, wasn't trying to imply a gimmicky system, I tend to get side tracked and discuss what I was dealing with myself, I would never tell people how to build their own server.

On a more positive note, do you have any rough ETAs for launch etc ?

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
not a bad price, and really it will be people like me that buy it as I dont have the time to invest in a LR like others, so I compensate by buying these haha

I personally, wasn't trying to imply a gimmicky system, I tend to get side tracked and discuss what I was dealing with myself, I would never tell people how to build their own server.

On a more positive note, do you have any rough ETAs for launch etc ?

The business model is great tbh at roughly 50p for 50% at bulk buy who wouldn’t get them I know I will as 2hours a day average is my realistic play time.

Multiply that on 100 users that’s £100 a day 7 days a week.

Noice 👍🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.