Ayndril 2.3 Hardcore PVPVE/BossHunting/None-Leveling Server

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
Think about it...

First day, a guild is formed and takes Ayndril cave... by the time they even have a chance of loosing the cave 24 hours have passed. Every hour every single boss in-game is spawned in this 1 cave... so you could technically kill every boss in-game 24 times in a day. Why would you ever wanna hunt anywhere else? Especially when you never need to level.

Quite obvious what will happen, the only goal will be to own Ayndril cave.. which will then cause problems due to the above.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
be interesing to see how it works with a level cap... im not so sure its gonna work as uve planned but shall soon see

ur stats seem abit uneven with the dc/mc/sc... sc is highest stat?

but hay gl its some nice ideas

Chris22

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
Sounds like a nice idea diffrent anyways ill come play seems like it could be a bit of fun :)

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
I love leveling :( It's how u meet ppl! it creates hunts like, in zt lvling with few ppl and some other guys come along and try pk you but they end up dead! taking away that ppl just gna camp bosses all day fighting over them, boring imo lol

Reactions: Koriban

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!
Depends what you like tbh, imo people who own the towns should not have special caves that only they can enter, its a pvp server and about balance, not going to be so balanced if theres one guild with best players init with best kit, in the first few days, if you own the town shows your guild is the best, its should be about making a name for you and you cromies so to speak lol.
but i think guilds should be capped at the max a group is. i think its like 10 or so.
that way guilds wont be to big, and not every good player can get into the guilds. makes it fair, and you should disable Ally Guild, each guild war for the towns should be a total FFA (Free for all). Just my opinion.
P.s need any help as i said before id love to give it ago. theres nothing else about atm that i havn't played and im bored ****less as i have no work until next monday lol.

/Topman

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
About the item comment from server developer and the comparison to FH.

1)FH is a successful server mostly due to the variaty of kits.
2)I know u are trying to built a mir server with aion/wow concept (at least item wise) but u seem to miss the fact that both those server BEFORE the uber tier sets had tons of normal-ish items.
3)The whole rare item thing with limited ish item sets aint bad itself but with lvling being non existant i can imagine spending tons of hours/days without a reward of even 1 stat due to limited/rare item kits.Obv there should be uber/rare kits that should make a difference but there should be other kits as well so u can advance ur char somehow.You dont wanna end with tons of ppl in town wearing same kit with 1-2 items different

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!
About the item comment from server developer and the comparison to FH.

1)FH is a successful server mostly due to the variaty of kits.
2)I know u are trying to built a mir server with aion/wow concept (at least item wise) but u seem to miss the fact that both those server BEFORE the uber tier sets had tons of normal-ish items.
3)The whole rare item thing with limited ish item sets aint bad itself but with lvling being non existant i can imagine spending tons of hours/days without a reward of even 1 stat due to limited/rare item kits.Obv there should be uber/rare kits that should make a difference but there should be other kits as well so u can advance ur char somehow.You dont wanna end with tons of ppl in town wearing same kit with 1-2 items different
Agreed with this guy. In my eyes whole point of pvp is because you hate the other player lol and want to make him look like a **** player and take his kit. Maybe have aload of normal items and then to wear tier items you need to use GP or something to rebirth so to speak and with each rebirth you can wear a different kind of tier kit, but you dont get this tier (Rebirth kit for free) only bosses drop them, and normal mobs in caves drop normal items rare but with bosses they drop alot if bosses are rs'in 15mins.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Agreed with this guy. In my eyes whole point of pvp is because you hate the other player lol and want to make him look like a **** player and take his kit. Maybe have aload of normal items and then to wear tier items you need to use GP or something to rebirth so to speak and with each rebirth you can wear a different kind of tier kit, but you dont get this tier (Rebirth kit for free) only bosses drop them, and normal mobs in caves drop normal items rare but with bosses they drop alot if bosses are rs'in 15mins.

Theres 14 different sets of items ingame

How many do u want really? lol, im trying to bring bak the euro feel to the game(but with more kits, cuz euro had like 3, lol), and incorprate some other idea's,
the tiers aint the way ur thinking off, its just my idea of describing the kit levels, cuz we have no leveling, usually id say lvl 20 kit, lvl 50 kit ect, but we dont have lvls so ive given it grades instead.

And fh is a sucessful server because, lets face it, ITs the only server, only way to get newere on fh is to donate for it lol.

guild limit i was thinking of imposing at 15., as i agree with you on that one,

I love leveling It's how u meet ppl! it creates hunts like, in zt lvling with few ppl and some other guys come along and try pk you but they end up dead! taking away that ppl just gna camp bosses all day fighting over them, boring imo lol

Oo who the hell likes leveling?

@ ben
its actually quite balanced we been testing it ingame, just problem wit FC never actually slow'ing ne1...¬¬

@ the people moaning about guilds gettihjg acess to cave
they will have acess for an hour hour half max, before they have to fight for it again, there's 3 places capturable, so i think it will be distibuted evenely, and theres gotta be sum kinda reward, or no1 will turn up!

Updates-

Items Now have levels, Higher level the item, the better is. the items r level'ed in stages of 5, and i plan on introducing about 20-30 new items in the middle of theese stages, (e.g lvl 5 lvl 10 lvl 15 lvl 20 ect), ill introduce lvl 6 lvl 11 lvl 21 24 and stuff, theese will be ac/amc items, or acc/agil/slow ect, or pure HP items. and other stuff i can think off.

PVP-
We have tested this,

and it is balanced, obviously sum1 with alot better kit than u, will 5-6 hit u, its in-evitable but on the same or so lvl, (few grades difference u can hold ur own, and it becomes about skill)

But full valiant v full starter kit, is a no brainer obviously.

Best kit ingame is valiant btw, not ayndril, ayndril just the name for the pvp reward kit, gained from there caves/boss'es.

Also, As ive stated before, for all you people who like PVE, (leveling ect) There are instances, No1 else can enter a instance EXCEPT ur group, so u cant be pk'ed/Hunt ruinied, ect there's still hard caves ingame aswell were pk is allowed, for u 2 hunt Gamepoints/gold/items/ quest for special items in.

quests-
will be around 20 repeatable quests ingame, for gamepoints/gold/gems ect

also around 3-4 special Decent item quests, also repeatable as items will break on death or something.

HonourSet Added- Decent Base set, breaks on PK/Death, purchaseable via GamePoints.

as the server progresses i am going to add a new 5 Daily quests a week, a new cave every week, (a special cave btw, a weekly instance, which changes every week, and a weekly cave).
also weekly Quest item, ect, ect,

Last edited:

MCDONALDS

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
Southampton, UK
This has got a giant WoW Feel about it which i really like.

What you have basically done is made it that everyone has the same base stats and made it purely item based. This is a awesome idea Much like WoW Being cap level 80.

Also means that the problem with all classes being different level speeds means you wont have the problem of wizzies just taking a massive lead.

What i would like to see thoiugh is a "Bind on Pickup" Style system. Where people cant just go farm massive amounts of gear at high levels and just roll one of each class chucking it loot easily. Perhaps making the first few tiers distributable but then the high teirs Bound to the character apart from say death drops?

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
This has got a giant WoW Feel about it which i really like.

What you have basically done is made it that everyone has the same base stats and made it purely item based. This is a awesome idea Much like WoW Being cap level 80.

Also means that the problem with all classes being different level speeds means you wont have the problem of wizzies just taking a massive lead.

What i would like to see thoiugh is a "Bind on Pickup" Style system. Where people cant just go farm massive amounts of gear at high levels and just roll one of each class chucking it loot easily. Perhaps making the first few tiers distributable but then the high teirs Bound to the character apart from say death drops?

this wud be a nice idea to implement for a few items but not all, as that rly wud change mir and its economy, one of the things i like about mir and HATE about wow, is the econonomy, there's no point grinding boss'es if u cant sell the stuff, to buy better stuff

u need to make a market for everything

euro mir= uber best economy ever., which is what im hopeing to acieve in my own context.

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
this wud be a nice idea to implement for a few items but not all, as that rly wud change mir and its economy, one of the things i like about mir and HATE about wow, is the econonomy, there's no point grinding boss'es if u cant sell the stuff, to buy better stuff

u need to make a market for everything

euro mir= uber best economy ever., which is what im hopeing to acieve in my own context.

I like the idea of killing bosses on a warr and being able ot kit out a wizz and a tao without lvlling them, maybe have some item bind, but u can still trade over to ither chars before binding em.

/gw

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Binding items on chars is both undoable and stupid.

That worked on WoW because its a way different game.It aint about pking(even tho there are rewards blablabla) and obv u cant drop items there.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Binding items on chars is both undoable and stupid.

That worked on WoW because its a way different game.It aint about pking(even tho there are rewards blablabla) and obv u cant drop items there.

basicly my point in a nutshell, lol.

binding items just isnt mir :P. changes whole aspect of gameplay

tho for a few items such as RMS on euro ect, it was a good idea, but not every item ingame.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Mmmm now u mentioned RMS i had an idea.

Make a replica of any rare tier set(4-5-6-7-8 or wotever) that breaks on death and is WAY easier to acquire both from quests and dropfiles.Those items would have v good stats,wouldnt be really rare and could also drop from the soloable bosses(here is a use for em for longer than a week it takes for u to get tier1-3 items from em according to u) but they would break on BOTH death from mobs AND PKING.

These items wouldnt be orbable but would give a nice stat boost compared to your "normal" kit BUT you wouldnt really be able to get em on town/sw/big fights cause of risk of breaking em.Well you could but i guess on a huge town fight every1 would die at least once breaking his half kit lol.

Would be a nice addition in my eyes and would more or less double ur item sets(even tho they have replica stats) with minimal effort and would even make soloable hunting rewarding every now and then and more fun.

/Mitsos

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Mmmm now u mentioned RMS i had an idea.

Make a replica of any rare tier set(4-5-6-7-8 or wotever) that breaks on death and is WAY easier to acquire both from quests and dropfiles.Those items would have v good stats,wouldnt be really rare and could also drop from the soloable bosses(here is a use for em for longer than a week it takes for u to get tier1-3 items from em according to u) but they would break on BOTH death from mobs AND PKING.

These items wouldnt be orbable but would give a nice stat boost compared to your "normal" kit BUT you wouldnt really be able to get em on town/sw/big fights cause of risk of breaking em.Well you could but i guess on a huge town fight every1 would die at least once breaking his half kit lol.

Would be a nice addition in my eyes and would more or less double ur item sets(even tho they have replica stats) with minimal effort and would even make soloable hunting rewarding every now and then and more fun.

/Mitsos

all ready have summat similar, a easily obtainable base set, e.g mc 20-22 ect, but breaks on death to players and boss'es ect.
and costs 1000gp (few hours of gathering),

HonourSet
(tho do like idea of ur replica sets, wit low dura break on death i suppose, but then most ppl will have decent items, and wats point in havin the real thing, cud just get 10 replica in ur store) , tho mite add for e.g t2 t4 t6, only? not every set ingame,

and yeh, since theres only 1 sz inside the whole game, and thats AyndrilInn, as Ayndril Itself is up for grabs every night 8-9pm, so people will be fighting around the town all the time, and especially at night,

P.s
Talaban <3
/CD

stop worrying about items, i know what u mean, but wen i say tier'ed kits, i dont mean every kit is like onsalught kit or summat, they r all normal items...jsut my way of gradeing them ¬¬.
And u wont go more than a day without getting a reward, as orbs/gems/GP's/Boss-scrolls ect ingame, bene's, and ull probs still get 1-2 items a day.
may even be adding leveling, but in form of quests, e.g complete a chain of 20 quests and u gain 1 level, so can in future add more items.
Quests will just be stuff u'll do neway, like kill 20 bosses, complete 3 instance runs ect.

Last edited:

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
whats eta? will probably give this a bash, cant see myself playing for more than a month, but ya never know!

/gw

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
I said make em easy ISH obtainable.That means if T3 is the last easy ish obtainable set from solo bosses(u still said it takes like a week) then the rest breakable sets would be rarer than that.

These items will be non-orbable(suppose orbs will be ingame ye?) and will break on ANY death.And since according to u server will be based arround pvp there should be loads of deahts.Making it non orbable would make actual items having like 30+ stats compared to a breakable 1(and a full set 300+ more stats) so ye there is a reason to hunt for normal items.

I dont like the gamepoint idea.You can put loads of things in a gamepoint shop but i want bosses soloable or not having the potential to drop something usefull at a normal ish rate.

Your idea of not having EVERY tier set with a breakable replica aint bad.

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
you have to make the rare sets really rare, or its gunna die so quick.

really rare.

/gw

Status
Not open for further replies.