Legend Of Mir 3 Server

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
If you have MSN I would be glad to assist you on how I render my textures,

Alternatively you can ask you specific questions here.

---------- Post added 30-09-2011 at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was 29-09-2011 at 09:02 PM ----------

Right I think I have set the FTP up correctly.

I would Appreciate, I have a File on there with instructions on what to do...

I will upload the client soonish.

FTP://93.96.163.159/

it works for me 2 jamie

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Cheers, Not had much time to sort the client out yet been working today, will be working tomorrow as well (12hr). Monday evening is the next chance i have to do anything.

Skunkmeister

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 10, 2007
well ill jump on the bandwagon then, ill test it when ur ready, ill download fri night

msn is [email protected], im already on ur list, names Nick on it

will be good to see what youve done so i can get ideas for my own project

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
well ill jump on the bandwagon then, ill test it when ur ready, ill download fri night

msn is [email protected], im already on ur list, names Nick on it

will be good to see what youve done so i can get ideas for my own project

its going to be near the same as wemade with assassin's and all but obviously more updated like the korean version

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
I am converting the server database from Flat Files to MS Access for maintainability, It's going to be quicker to do this then to build a program to manage the server.

once done I can look to get people online. (few days tops depending on work)

Skunkmeister

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 10, 2007
its going to be near the same as wemade with assassin's and all but obviously more updated like the korean version

really... so ur sayin that its more up to date and complete than global... i thinks not somehow

I meant what was in it content wise for a first test

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
really... so ur sayin that its more up to date and complete than global... i thinks not somehow

I meant what was in it content wise for a first test

I'm not sure why people are worried about content...

adding content once the Server/Client is built is only a matter of entering numbers into a table.

the current content for Global Mir 3 takes practically minutes to do, as far as entering data into a table.

The key issues are: Sync / Bugs and the basic functions the make the game playable (NPC/Attacking/Spells/Items etc.), once these are built and stable your server is practically complete.

lancelot1

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 26, 2007
this is what i meant, not whats in your db
Well if you want to help this server you'll get on once he starts accepting testers and see for yourself. You do understand what beta testing means, yeah? And you do understand that this is an extremely ambitious project, and that testing will be at least twice as more work as on a "normal" server?

[MENTION=12385]Jamie[/MENTION]: keep up the good work, can't wait to get on and start.. helping, obviously.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
[MENTION=12385]Jamie[/MENTION]: keep up the good work, can't wait to get on and start.. helping, obviously.

I appreciate the support, However I want to start testing as soon as possible but I feel I need to add more features before doing so.. currently I feel that if I were to let people long on now their words would probably be... "Is this it?".

Currently most of my flat file database has been converted into MSAccess.. had some intermittent issues with "DBCommand" class, I didn't realise I needed to Clear previous parameters before reusing it. that set me back a little while ;)

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
I appreciate the support, However I want to start testing as soon as possible but I feel I need to add more features before doing so.. currently I feel that if I were to let people long on now their words would probably be... "Is this it?".

Sadly as you are recreating the game, people only really experience the visual side of things (which obviously wont be changing that much), so the mir community's reaction is always going to be the same, very little thought is given to all the hard work put in on the back end.

i dont know how far you currently are but i would aim for general settings , stats / spells , party, basic mob ai, then add 1 dungeon and a small leveling area / pvp area

good luck

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Sadly as you are recreating the game, people only really experience the visual side of things (which obviously wont be changing that much), so the mir community's reaction is always going to be the same, very little thought is given to all the hard work put in on the back end.

Yea that's true, I wish I had the graphic skills you had, I would also create a new interface to go along with it.

lancelot1

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 26, 2007
Yea that's true, I wish I had the graphic skills you had, I would also create a new interface to go along with it.
Pssh.. people don't play Mir for fancy graphics & exciting new user interfaces!

But yeah, completely agree with what Mask said. Most people wouldn't even notice that it goes over 15 fps now!

Skunkmeister

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 10, 2007
You do understand what beta testing means, yeah? And you do understand that this is an extremely ambitious project.

You do understand I'm the MirEvo project guy? I'm doing exactly what Jamie is doing, just in VB.net, only my projects lasted years, not months, and is still going strong and getting a bit better every day. Only you and 99% of LomCN wouldn't know that because the best praise I got for my work was "n1" or "good to see mir3 isn't dead"... followed by numerous piss taking posts like yours claiming things like the character was too small, when it was the same size as normal, or the mobs appear to float, when i made it quite clear that shadows were not implemented yet.... they do now, but there's zero chance of you knowing that because I haven't posted anything about it again here, because of the shear ignorance and arrogance of people like you. No wonder hardly anyone will share their work here... I used to ask the question "why is this" but all you have to do to answer that question is try it yourself.

Stop teaching the librarian to read.

mapadale

You do understand I'm the MirEvo project guy? I'm doing exactly what Jamie is doing, just in VB.net, only my projects lasted years, not months, and is still going strong and getting a bit better every day. Only you and 99% of LomCN wouldn't know that because the best praise I got for my work was "n1" or "good to see mir3 isn't dead"... followed by numerous piss taking posts like yours claiming things like the character was too small, when it was the same size as normal, or the mobs appear to float, when i made it quite clear that shadows were not implemented yet.... they do now, but there's zero chance of you knowing that because I haven't posted anything about it again here, because of the shear ignorance and arrogance of people like you. No wonder hardly anyone will share their work here... I used to ask the question "why is this" but all you have to do to answer that question is try it yourself.

However SM you have to work through the Ignorance & Arrogance of some users, otherwise why work on a project if you can't take it.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

You get ignorant people in every walk of life. I think it's really dissapointing that you don't post updates for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.