Legend Of Mir 3 Server

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skunkmeister

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 10, 2007
I will release once its ready, i.e. finished. Probably after Ive made my first million or two (lol yer... rite!), once Ive had my own graphics made to make it a commercially and legally viable project. I dunno. Ive got 4 years of uni just started so coding has almost ground to a halt.

I would like to say thank you to one person though, Farphit, the only person to contact me and ask for the code to learn from. Most others just waited for me to release publicly some code, downloaded it and looked and went "this is **** cause i cant make money out of it" then post something like "why bother? lal". Farphit didn't want to be spoon fed the answers to all his dreams, and he actually appreciated the amount of work I had to do to get to the stage where he could start playing about.

[MENTION=12385]Jamie[/MENTION]: Are you a coding robot or something, cause you seem to do in days stuff thats taken me weeks! Or am I just crap at programming lol

lancelot1

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 26, 2007
Careful where you vent your frustrations mate, because I didn't even mention your server, let alone denigrate your work on it. I haven't been here in 3-4 years and, like you said, you haven't posted any updates because of the ignorant people (who will remain ignorant since, you know, you're not feeding them any info), so I had no clue it even existed.

And there's no need to take potshots at Jamie while hijacking his thread. Christ, and you have the gall to call others arrogant and ignorant.

[MENTION=12385]Jamie[/MENTION] how's it progressing? I'm bored of "new" MMOs and I don't wanna play single player games til Guild Wars 2 is out :[

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
[MENTION=12385]Jamie[/MENTION]: Are you a coding robot or something, cause you seem to do in days stuff thats taken me weeks! Or am I just crap at programming lol

I am programming almost 10 hours a day on several projects, (Mostly work related at the moment).

So this is probably why things get done, but its not quick imo.

would you be willing to share some knowledge particularly how you're reading wils without lagging to heck

Offer is still there when your ready, I still don't mind helping out if you need it.

[MENTION=12385]Jamie[/MENTION] how's it progressing? I'm bored of "new" MMOs and I don't wanna play single player games til Guild Wars 2 is out :[

After learning how to integrate with MS Access, I found ti useless for my solution, I then tried SQL Server, which also proved to be pretty much a waste of space. I Have however found the solution I was looking for Database wise, its a little bit more work for me but it has massive potential for development / maintainability (So long as i don't get lazy with the interface, (I'm terrible at that))

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

Certainly not a Client Update, But this is the solution I have chosen for my database issue.

I will be constructing the Objects (MapInfo,MonsterInfo Movement.... Everything) Whole with my program.

Saving them in their intact state, I can sacrifice 1 or two seconds loading up the server for the ease of use / maintainability.

Screenshot of the forms used to edit some objects, You can select more then one Object to mass edit, I'm certain I've showed something similar to this before and even release this in Clash Source, but It's slightly different coding.

Idea/Inputs are welcome and weather or not it's the correct approach to things.

mapinfo.png

movementinfo.png

respawninfo.png

monsterinfo.png

Values used are for demonstration purposes only,

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Over the top I know but

Monsters HP and Experience can be 0 - 4,294,967,295 (4.3~ Billion), should be a welcome change to the Normal(?) 65k Cap at the moment :D

Player's EXP Bar can go from 0 - 18,446,744,073,709,551,615 (64Bit ULong)

Last edited:

twisterdmk

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
USA
Very freakin nice Jamie, I give you props on the old 65k change mane. That crap gets old, maybe a highrate can actually be a highrate that can be properly leveled, maintained, and kit to actually make it a INFINITY MIR3 Server! May I ask your intentions for these files which you are building from notta. Will you release anything or keep to your dismize? Will you give pointers upon questions asked about the coding or source of these into which it would help others?

Thanks
Derrick

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
Not all files have a 65k cap :) but the forms do look nice tho would prob take the same amount of time just to type it.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Over the top I know but

Monsters HP and Experience can be 0 - 4,294,967,295 (4.3~ Billion), should be a welcome change to the Normal(?) 65k Cap at the moment :D

Player's EXP Bar can go from 0 - 18,446,744,073,709,551,615 (64Bit ULong)

omg verry nice jamie, maybe you can make an epic boss fight like some i had in wow! bosses with 100-200mil hp!
Can you make a boss do something once every few mins, for example he teleports to a random player once every 2-3 min and when he does he does damage 3x3 so it will requier players to spread in order to not kill the other players?

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
May I ask your intentions for these files which you are building from notta. Will you release anything or keep to your dismize? Will you give pointers upon questions asked about the coding or source of these into which it would help others?

Thanks
Derrick

I have always stated that I would Release the Binaries and Source, once I've run a server with them. I want to test and use the files first you see :p

I have no problems answering questions about the coding/Source which would help people in their own projects.

Jacko

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2011
the netherlands
any news jamie it seems there havent been post for 6 days
and this seems to be the server am most interested about
GL

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
any chance of an eta buddy? got some time off work to start a new server but theres none up that interest me lol

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
As far a sim aware its goinna be a very long time until the server is playable, the content hasnt even thought of being worked on yet lol so don't thuink this server will be oput int he next few months, it wont happen lol.

Whats the differences between this server and the delphi 1? whos further ahead?

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
As far a sim aware its goinna be a very long time until the server is playable, the content hasnt even thought of being worked on yet lol so don't thuink this server will be oput int he next few months, it wont happen lol.

Whats the differences between this server and the delphi 1? whos further ahead?

Yeah don't think this is gonna be ready for a long time so no point asking really.

Delphi is further ahead but I don't know how much progress is being made atm.

Jacko

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2011
the netherlands
Any news Jamie?

---------- Post added 06-01-2012 at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was 23-11-2011 at 09:27 PM ----------

jamie when are you starting with this again?

Status
Not open for further replies.