Status
Not open for further replies.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Point 1: I don't truely believe that all members get on however when it's being openly expressed across the board where any member can see it an issue arises, you are all in a position where you're to help these forums get better and look after them well. It sets a good example about LOMCN, however if a new member currently came across this thread (which is a relatively hot thread at the moment) they would be put off straight away. Why? For one it's got mods arguing against mods (the worst part is it's Smods), for two you have false accusations going around that's not being cleaned (e.g. sanity) that puts people off completely due to they will believe now that "the server is corrupt" which again also factors into the biast part of the opinion. IF and i truely mean IF the staff can not get on then there is an issue with the staff, If a workforce openly argued in the office would the boss sit quiet about it? No chance. So that counter arguement is mute to be fair.]

Point 2: He may indeed be a supermod but he is also a part of LOMCN, Smod rank (i thought he was admin at one point too?) but that doesn't mean the thread can now be forgotten about, you know as well as I how much attention that thread used to get so now and again it will need another mods help, why? so it doesn't look like Celsius is just cleaning the thread for his server but mods are actually doing there jobs.

Point 3: I do not deny that Bon has trolled in the past, but so have you and so have I, the majority of this forum has, what changed? Most of us grew up from this stage, yes some trolling does still occur but not to the heavy extent it used to, I do not deny that the past can give views against a person but again as a mod you cannot be biast you have to see it from both sides not just one, the reason I say this is because frankly it sounds like you've just decided to hate on the guy from past issues.

Point 4: You are indeed correct some will say this servers good this servers bad but it's got to a time now where if people don't like it they throw there arms in the air and go "this servers corrupted" no screenshots anything, what happened back when lomcn used to see threads get this? - the post would be deleted, a mod comment left saying "post proof on whether a server is corrupt" something along those lines at least. Nowadays it's left in most threads and most servers "oh GM so and so did this" and it's actually taken for word, how does this shine on LOMCN that new members believe that the MAJORITY of servers are corrupt because they are "unpoliced". I can agree you're not supposed to "police" servers however as mods you are supposed to help LOMCN look like a good place to increase traffic, to stop the spam. These are the reasons you are mods.

That's about all I have to say really, I personally don't believe koriban was the reason they decided to close the thread / delete it anyway, i believe the term the final nail in the coffin applies here and I honestly can't find a better way to say fair enough to them, they have dealt with a lot of **** from this forum more than most but when it does start to come from staff aswell it does dig a bit too far.

/Czeldabolg

-Edit- The reason i left one part unbolded is because it wasn't read to the full extent my apologies, if it came across that way then it wasn't intended but LOMCN did get publicity from his server and visa versa, it's not to feed ego's it's just because it was a big successful server and currently it's the main one we have, people kick off here however when they get banned from there forums for false accusations, yet here they just get left alone. However please note in my post it says he is ONE of the reasons, there are other factors that tie in but he is one of them for mir2 at least.

Perhaps I'm being ignorant but I haven't seen any argument between any staff on this thread? I think you're confused.

But please don't talk to me about mods doing their jobs you are really barking up the wrong tree! That's all I have to say really

And the deals are stated on the forum...For everyone to view.

Also for Tai to imply our adverts were my responsibility to clean. We decided inbetween one of your many hissy fits, that I would not moderator our adverts, due to people thinking I would be biased.

Funny I wasn't aware of that. But regardless, as I said in my last post it's all by the by because ad threads can no longer be posted on and discussion threads don't get "cleaned". That's what I was trying to put across to czelda.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Perhaps I'm being ignorant but I haven't seen any argument between any staff on this thread? I think you're confused.

But please don't talk to me about mods doing their jobs you are really barking up the wrong tree! That's all I have to say really

Funny I wasn't aware of that. But regardless, as I said in my last post it's all by the by because ad threads can no longer be posted on and discussion threads don't get "cleaned". That's what I was trying to put across to czelda.

Now this is a major flaw, discussion I can understand completely don't get me wrong but it's the factor of a lot of mods are now believing calling a server corrupt with no proof is now fine, it is NOT. This is where you mods stand in, this is what you clean. You're there to solve a lot of problems from stemming by cutting it at the root, IF it is proven via screenshot etc. Fair enough then a mod can happily make there comment in there themselves on the server, even question if they must or remove the ad.

However currently it is not acceptable for any person to up and say "this servers corrupted" that's not an opinion that's openly slating a server with no proof, which needs to be dealt with.

-On the part unbolded- Currently in this thread there isn't an arguement between staff, my apologies i confused omen_lom's colour with the mods (Love how everyones a different colour pratically in this thread barely any normal members) I do however stand by the comment that mods are biast towards 4H, Celsius on your post aswell it may be wise to quote it in the staff section and put it up again for future incase other mods join the section would clear that up fast i believe.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Now this is a major flaw, discussion I can understand completely don't get me wrong but it's the factor of a lot of mods are now believing calling a server corrupt with no proof is now fine, it is NOT. This is where you mods stand in, this is what you clean. You're there to solve a lot of problems from stemming by cutting it at the root, IF it is proven via screenshot etc. Fair enough then a mod can happily make there comment in there themselves on the server, even question if they must or remove the ad.

However currently it is not acceptable for any person to up and say "this servers corrupted" that's not an opinion that's openly slating a server with no proof, which needs to be dealt with.

-On the part unbolded- Currently in this thread there isn't an arguement between staff, my apologies i confused omen_lom's colour with the mods (Love how everyones a different colour pratically in this thread barely any normal members) I do however stand by the comment that mods are biast towards 4H, Celsius on your post aswell it may be wise to quote it in the staff section and put it up again for future incase other mods join the section would clear that up fast i believe.

Well I was about to go and view exactly what was/wasn't said in the TH discussion thread but it seems somebody has permanently deleted the entire thread. Something we're not supposed to do and something I strongly disagree with.

Just what I need.

(no you're right, Omen is staff)

Last edited:

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Well I was about to go and view exactly what was/wasn't said in the TH discussion thread but it seems somebody has permanently deleted the entire thread. Something we're not supposed to do and something I strongly disagree with.

Just what I need.

I believe this entire debate stemmed when it was removed and was given the reasons behind. I understand trying to look into it now but it is unfortunately a little bit too late,(EDITED TO CLARIFY): IF it gets restored again by the servers team then it's good to know you'll be keeper a keener eye on it, other threads do need the same monitoring aswell.

Sanity I can't help but laugh if you look at the beggining of this thread you'll see it was stated that they'd removed the thread long before you'd even gone "corrupt! corrupt!" in all due honesty you're just coming off really petty now and really childish. I will ask YOU to PROVE 3H was corrupt screenshots and then you can feel free to say it's corrupt since you have the proof to back it up. Ironically this helps back up one of my points earlier on in this thread.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
if mods dont police the mir adverts........... what the hell are you here for?

I didnt say we dont police the adverts, There fine. I was talking about servers.

If somebody is shouting "corruption" on your server thread, then you need to speak to that person, ask for proof and if no proof is found ME personally will be more then happy to remove.

But Im not gonna delete every bad review you get against your server, its your server and theres no smoke without fire..
You honestly cant expect us to delete every post that says CORRUPT!!! What if the server is corrupt??

Get me.

sumfuka

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 14, 2007
No matter how often I check this site, be it everyday or every couple of months. Always the same people arguing over the same issues. Kills 10mins of boredom reading the *****ing :)

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008

Just what I need.

You restored the thread after I delete it, so I permanently removed it.

There is no need to review what was and wasn't said in the thread. We know we aren't corrupt and have already stated that this isn't the only reason we removed our adverts.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
I didnt say we dont police the adverts, There fine. I was talking about servers.

If somebody is shouting "corruption" on your server thread, then you need to speak to that person, ask for proof and if no proof is found ME personally will be more then happy to remove.

But Im not gonna delete every bad review you get against your server, its your server and theres no smoke without fire..
You honestly cant expect us to delete every post that says CORRUPT!!! What if the server is corrupt??

Get me.

This is where we disagree, if a mod clears up a thread with people basically spamming "corrupt GM, fail server" it is openly slating, not in-depth proof or reason has been posted, therefore a mod can leave the comment "anymore basically saying this server is corrupt without any proof given will be given infractions", what would that stop? Quite a bit.

IF the server is corrupt then surely the proof would be posted therefore there would be no arguement on the matter.

/Czeldabolg

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
You restored the thread after I delete it, so I permanently removed it.

There is no need to review what was and wasn't said in the thread. We know we aren't corrupt and have already stated that this isn't the only reason we removed our adverts.

I honestly couldn't care less whether you are corrupt in your little game or not or why you don't want to advertise here. I restored the discussion thread (not the ad) because this is my system and my rules (kinda comes with actually making an effort) and discussion threads do not get deleted, only closed - as I have previously stated. There is a plain simple and obvious reason for that (as you are aware) you're also aware that permo deleting isn't on.

More heads will roll..

@zelda I wasn't actually saying any of that, I was only going to verify what was actually said in that thread as I don't think it was as out-of-hand as you believe.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
I honestly couldn't care less whether you are corrupt in your little game or not or why you don't want to advertise here. I restored the discussion thread (not the ad) because this is my system and my rules (kinda comes with actually making an effort) and discussion threads do not get deleted, only closed - as I have previously stated. There is a plain simple and obvious reason for that (as you are aware) you're also aware that permo deleting isn't on.

More heads will roll..

Surely that's haz's and so forths rules & system, you're just there to enforce it? Not to split hairs ofcourse but you may want to be careful where that comment could lead too.

/Czeldabolg

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008

More heads will roll..

@zelda I wasn't actually saying any of that, I was only going to verify what was actually said in that thread as I don't think it was as out-of-hand as you believe.

Show me these rules? Where they made public? Corrupt.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Surely that's haz's and so forths rules & system, you're just there to enforce it? Not to split hairs ofcourse but you may want to be careful where that comment could lead too.

/Czeldabolg

Actually I put that system in to practice and go check the majority of the rule threads around the forum...who updated them last. Haz is there to do admin CP tasks I do whatever doesn't require admin CP.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Sanity I can't help but laugh if you look at the beggining of this thread you'll see it was stated that they'd removed the thread long before you'd even gone "corrupt! corrupt!" in all due honesty you're just coming off really petty now and really childish. I will ask YOU to PROVE 3H was corrupt screenshots and then you can feel free to say it's corrupt since you have the proof to back it up. Ironically this helps back up one of my points earlier on in this thread.

Your the one mistaken thinking this all started in this thread, can't remember everything detail but Celsius admitted to it, what fkin proof eles do i need when it comes from the server owners mouth? I asked Celsius if this was announced on his forum and got no reply then i said if it's not known then it's classed as corruption.. You still with me? then the topic got deleted.

Now they say it's been a known fact, if Celsius had said this from the beginning it would of been case closed but he never and he went a permanently remvoved the topic which goes against his powers i belive, now why would he do that if he had nothing to hide?

czeldabolg i don't really know who you are and don't really care but don't come at me when you don't know the facts, i was there when this all started and i have put my point across on this matter.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Actually I put that system in to practice and go check the majority of the rule threads around the forum...who updated them last. Haz is there to do admin CP tasks I do whatever doesn't require admin CP.

I stand corrected then fair enough. I'll take a gander over the thread again last i saw it was haz who updated them, if they've been updated again it may be wise to drop the odd announcement as these are quite serious to know about.

/Czeldabolg

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
Don't know why everyone is still arguing, we have removed our advert, end of. It no longer concerns LOMCN tbh.

Also if its against my power to permanently removed a thread, then go take the option away from super moderators.

FTM21

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2011
Don't know why everyone is still arguing, we have removed our advert, end of. It no longer concerns LOMCN tbh.

Also if its against my power to permanently removed a thread, then go take the option away from super moderators.

talk about hanging yourself tbh m8

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009

Get me.

Thats what I like about lomcn, freedom of speech regarding any problem somebody has with a particular server. Norm players are given the opportunity to say whats up then provide proof if required, its a good way of sorting the corrupt (lapta'esque) servers from the decent ones. If mods just deleted any criticism straight a way then it would be a really bad thing as lomcn would be promoteing corrupt servers that block any opportunity to highlight any wrong doings on their own forums.

Lomcn gives the normal player a voice, it removes the gag thats put there by alot of server owners.

Fair enough if a person is just lieing and bad mouthing a server without proof when requested.. thats when mods should get involved and not before.

I like things the way they are now.

Reactions: Tai

FurianMir

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 25, 2010
Halifax

More heads will roll..

I told dale this matt abuses his powers on lomcn but no one ever listens in my honest opinion matt is a puppet for ben and needs to grow a back bone and stand up to the fag, issue number one with ben is for less of words hes a ****** issue number two hes a traitor sold all his guilds kit so he could pay his mums bills LOL? get a job? many many more and yes he is corrupt i know this for a fact from when i played oldskool just wish i had screenies to shine the light on this big nob hed.

Last edited:

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Thats what I like about lomcn, freedom of speech regarding any problem somebody has with a particular server. Norm players are given the opportunity to say whats up then provide proof if required, its a good way of sorting the corrupt (lapta'esque) servers from the decent ones. If mods just deleted any criticism straight a way then it would be a really bad thing as lomcn would be promoteing corrupt servers that block any opportunity to highlight any wrong doings on their own forums.

Lomcn gives the normal player a voice, it removes the gag thats put there by alot of server owners.

Fair enough if a person is just lieing and bad mouthing a server without proof when requested.. thats when mods should get involved and not before.

I like things the way they are now.

Proof should be required regardless, this is the major flaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.