Today's Downtime (24/09/2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Just saying, these servers were banned or removed for a reason..... now they are just being allowed again purely because azuras gone

No Point argueing over it ne way, just saying seems abit silly

Seems silly not allowing them, the more servers advertised the better, people can always leave there reviews of the server on there advertisment threads and then the player can choose to play it or not. As milo said ages ago LOMCN will not police servers yet Azura was doing so on just his say so... use R.N.D as an example, what valid reason was there? he said it was a server just to make money yet its been online 2 months odd with not a good usercount and there gameshop is alot better and fair than say the likes of 4h or elysian so in my eyes those 2 servers are more about money than r.n.d. But at the end of the day it should be a players choice.

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
I want to see what happends when we start seeing elysian based servers being posted lol

Thats not a bad idear about the donate tag

lif

~HeavenSent~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 9, 2005
Chorley
Welcome back Milo its nice to know Kurt/Data are still watching the forums to :)

On the new VB im not a fan :P

Last edited:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Lol. I love the controversy of this place. Why he was made an admin again in the first place I don't know.

WB Miles though! You're like me, can't stay away.

Seems silly not allowing them, the more servers advertised the better, people can always leave there reviews of the server on there advertisment threads and then the player can choose to play it or not. As milo said ages ago LOMCN will not police servers yet Azura was doing so on just his say so... use R.N.D as an example, what valid reason was there? he said it was a server just to make money yet its been online 2 months odd with not a good usercount and there gameshop is alot better and fair than say the likes of 4h or elysian so in my eyes those 2 servers are more about money than r.n.d. But at the end of the day it should be a players choice.

To have them deleted a few days later?

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
So there wil be no policing at all, so even a server thats conning and scaming users, will be allowed to be advertised?

Then this is where you say "of course a server blatently conning and scaming wont be allowed to advertise"

but, that is still policing. Basically it seems like its gonna be done half arsed again

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
just slap a no donation rule on all servers, then job done.

either its one or the other there is no in between. you cant police peoples pricing on donations, unless you set a limit to how much players can donate monthly on every server to be advertised on lomcn.
on nemesis we had donation limits in place, i think it would be wize if all servers followed suit. as it stands some servers are making huge profits out of this donation business, profits to the point of pay to play.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

either its one or the other there is no in between. you cant police peoples pricing on donations, unless you set a limit to how much players can donate monthly on every server to be advertised on lomcn.
on nemesis we had donation limits in place, i think it would be wize if all servers followed suit. as it stands some servers are making huge profits out of this donation business, profits to the point of pay to play.

Well that's the thing though...it's not donating, it's game shops.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
Well that's the thing though...it's not donating, it's game shops.

yeah i know, but it wouldn't be too difficult to enforce a limit of £3-5 a month per person. it would also be more fair on the community. even obligatory lomcn donation bar to display on each servers website with a limit of £60-70 (to cover dedi cost) once the limit is reached no more donations would be allowed till next month. any under handedness gets their server removed, if the bar isnt shown, their server is removed. im sure someone could come up with a php script of some sort.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Your trying to police something thats very easily fiddled with.

Why not just introduce a rule, if you are taking donations.. none of this 'game shop' 'subscription' **** people try to cover it with.. if your taking these you MUST have this little image everybody is thinking of. Accompanied by this they must post the servers costings, and then make every item obtained via donation something which does not have a direct effect on game play... eg best item ingame?

Viper

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 14, 2007
Newcastle
At the end of the day nobody here can tell another how to waste/spend there money, i say get on with it, its there own choice.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

thats stupid, ud have no servers online if there was no gameshops.

sorry ud have the odd crapy home hosted pc, that eventually goes down cause his mum wont let him keep pc on, or his "brother" hacked the pc, etc etc... they are a lot more stable with donations+dedi servers.

kash12

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
You can't stop donations, you stop donation servers being advertised on lomcn, you kill lomcn.

Limiting donations will also fail aswell, there isn't really any way to track the donations someone is receiving. Just leave it the way it is now, it's only a few crybabies that get upset over donations anyway, and no one really likes them anyway.

/Nymph

lozmuir

Former Moderator
VIP
Apr 17, 2003
Congleton, Cheshire.
I personally dont give a crap about donations. The rule was put in place to stop people from making servers for a quick buck and then taking the server offline. If people choose to trust new servers in this way then its their own fault.

hustler

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
Money, money, money.. We all need money.. Whether its through getting a real job or through donations from a server. Seriously, your going to kill lomcn if no server is allowed donations or giving donations a limit. It's a community forum for christ sake, let people chose what they want to do. It's the players choice if they choose to play a server with donations and it's also a players choice to donate on a mir private server and it's also there fault if it goes down within a month. It's been done and it's been done again and it's going on to this day. You can't stop it, it's the way it is and it's the only way you will keep lomcn running. Look now, lomcn is looking good, you've got your old members back.

h

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
The thing is, LOMCN is like the authority of Mir servers, and I think the argument is that people should be able to trust this forum and its contents - because it's fairly obvious that a substantial proportion of our users are, for a better word, morons...they can't think for themselves and need guidance, or they'll waste all their dole money on dead end servers! Tut.

Perhaps there should just be some kind of warning that people part with their money at their own risk?

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
What are you on about??? Donation server are aloud to advertise....... -.-

Edit to Tai, Thats why I think a TAG should be introduced to all server ads thread titles. Warning before playing.

kash12

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Or give them something like the approved tag when they've been up x number of months with no serious complaints.

/Nymph

Status
Not open for further replies.