= [Live] - [Meteora] - [v3] =

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

>DMX<

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Manchester
YES YES!

YUSSS YESS YESSSS!!!

WHO WAS RIGHT?
I WAS RIGHT?

Next we should make a compilation thread.

And put all the retarded statements made by Meteora staff about how "OldSkool sees Meteora as a threat" lol ...

Right next to the quotes that say Meteora is going down because it peaks at 1 user, lol.

In life there is no grey area ... theres black + white. 1 person is right, and 1 person is wrong.

TUMA IS RIGHT And METEORA IS/WAS CRAP , Repeat it with me ... There is no grey area, the team made loads of unfounded statements, loads of dire promises, and theyre commitment to the project was lazy at BEST.

This project was a waste of nearly a year. You should compensate LOMCN staff for wasting their bandwidth on this crappy advertisement.

Oh god that felt good , ciggarette, anyone???

Overly excited? Grow up..

Adel

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2008
Actually, I left OS voluntarily because of work..

Unlike you guys who make promises but get nothing done, If I know I cant commit to a project I will remove myself from it, rather than make big promises that amount to nothing.
Me and Ben are still on good terms, infact hes expressed that im welcome back anytime im ready...
Suffice to say until I get a permanent contract at work I cant commit to developing a server without 100% stressing out , lol.

I will say though, that if at ANY point in time another server threatens to overtake the OldSkool Usercount, i'll be sure to work on summat with Ben that will "correct" things :P .

I'm just happy my love-child is still going strong and has established itself as the best European Mir2 private server. Ben is reallly commited, hes like a single parent :P , lol.

Anyway close this thread ... ? 1 User online on Meteora at the moment ... probably Linz testing an "awesome new feature" , lol...

Funny, cos I remember you being a corrupt fag and getting booted. Moron.

The posts you've made on this thread have done nothing but make you look like an epic twat. Congrats. Now **** off.

I'm one of very few people who played this server from day 1 (launch day) who actually stuck around. I quit a good few months back but still logged on occasionally. Despite all the bugs it was still a very good server and fun to play, which is more than can be said about most. What let it down, imo, was the staff though.

Yes, there was a lot of bugs, but because it was a new set of files, we all let them off for a bit. But after such a long time it became a joke, and instead of working primarily on fixing ALL current bugs, they got side-tracked and started working on/implementing more new stuff. This was the complete wrong thing to do, and I hope they know it. They were also told this at the time.

Then as time went on, more and more bugs started appearing (this time making it unplayable for many people, i.e. broken chars, pets not working, spells not working etc) and staff feedback hit rock bottom. We heard nothing for ages and everyone got frustrated/pissed off etc.

If people from the Meteora development team do intend on creating a new server, then I strongly suggest they learn from this time round's mistakes. Or yes, it will flop again.

The reason the playercount was so low in the end was not because it was a sh!t server, but because they wouldn't advertise, because they said they wanted to get all bug fixes done before they advertised, yet bugs were not fixed, and advertisement was not generated. A hopeless cycle...

I've said it on the Met forums already and I'll say it again...this server was a write off from the beginning, and I honestly don't know why they released it when they did. Despite months of "BETA testing" it soon became apparant to the players that no remotely indepth testing had been done. Another key mistake.

But ye it was fun while it lasted (at least in the early days), just a shame it was let down by it's owners.

Btw I'm interested to know who is in this new team...cos if it's anything like before (Cheeky dissapearing etc) I'd give up now.

GL though. (Y)

/Dios

Last edited:

Kazuki

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 4, 2006
New team consists of a few people from the old Meteora development team, and a few people from other, very successful servers.

Peter12

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 1, 2007
New team consists of a few people from the old Meteora development team, and a few people from other, very successful servers.

Why even bother? no one has any faith in the Met team apart from yourself.

Lock and delete this thread tbh.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
this server had great potential but i think the amount of time its taken and still loads of bug's has put many people off it. good luck in the future bud. might try it when it picks up

Adel

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2008
this server had great potential but i think the amount of time its taken and still loads of bug's has put many people off it. good luck in the future bud. might try it when it picks up

The server has closed you idiot. Try reading? The dev team gave up. End.

Kazuki

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 4, 2006
Why even bother? no one has any faith in the Met team apart from yourself.

Lock and delete this thread tbh.
Can't really call it the Met team, and we don't need people to have faith in us, thats the fun of it ;)

BrAp

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 1, 2008
:) You done a good job lind you brang in a lot of feature's people have never seen before, Was just to many bugs mate, maybe if you used TD files you would have got a large data base, also i think you would of got more player if you tweaked exp higher.

But yeh .. least you stuck with it mate, G/l with your next project.

/Aaron.

Adel

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2008
Dookie = Lind
Kazuki = Matt

Not using TD's files was the whole point of met... Btw why did you morons wipe the forum db? That was fuking pointless -_- i'm quite pissed off about that

Last edited:

Kazuki

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 4, 2006
Lind wiped the forums, they were no longer needed and by the looks of it might be used for the development of the new project.

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Are you releasing your files/sources?

Will be a shame to see them go to waste.

Kazuki

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 4, 2006
Are you releasing your files/sources?

Will be a shame to see them go to waste.
No, some of the sources will be used on the new project, but the actual project will be run on a new file set.

Adel

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2008
Lind wiped the forums, they were no longer needed and by the looks of it might be used for the development of the new project.

Yeah fine ur gonna use them again but we didn't even get a goodbye thread :( sniff

Adel

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2008
And he said "No".

They are not.

lmao how on earth has this account got negative repuation already? Can you imagine what it would be on my main?

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
Nooo

NOOOOOO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Lets not get sidetracked with all this talk about a "New Project" and a "New Team"

Instead lets bring together a big list of contradictive quotes.

I think the main things we should highlight is :

Oooh Dont be bitter because we can do better things than you...:(

Its ok man, we know you are threatened, why you have to attack our server and every other server so much in your spare time. If you weren't bothered you would skim past this, good to know your threatened & jealous though laddy.

To be fair, if i was you guys i wouldn't be upset about these negative comments. It's so obviously jelousy based. You guys are doing great things.

Very impressed, i think your server will get bigger and better in time.

:thumbup:

k lets just all sit around and wait till Td releases something instead m8, your probably right what we are doing is pointless.

I'm sad to announce that the server will be closing for the foreseeable future.

TOTAL e-Orgasm. Ok, Ok I think im done now... Unless anyone wants to do some more? :P:P:P

WhiteTiger

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 4, 2004
I don't see the big deal? lol, clearly you're after an agruement, so yeah g/l with that.

What Meteora have done is attempted something new on NEW files for mir. Atleast they tried this.

Status
Not open for further replies.