Lomcn - Moving forward together

Join Discord

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I wouldn't just add loads of games. I will look into introducing the odd game, see how it works out.

mapadale

It's all good adding in other sections for other games, but one thing that has to be remembered is this is LOMcn. It's also been said and asked so many times in the past about other sections for games, which have never come about. But is their enough people here at the moment to warrant adding in these, people that can actually help not only with the building of the servers, but also any help and advice that would also be required.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
It's all good adding in other sections for other games, but one thing that has to be remembered is this is LOMcn. It's also been said and asked so many times in the past about other sections for games, which have never come about. But is their enough people here at the moment to warrant adding in these, people that can actually help not only with the building of the servers, but also any help and advice that would also be required.

with any server files there are usually loads of setup guides around, im sure people would work that side of it out.
and as for this being LOMcn, I'm you will get servers spring up in the style of mir but on other game clients.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield

That's my only issue - If we was to introduce new games, we'd need to attract people from that games background.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

So what if its called LOMcn? woool isnt mir, yet that has a section, and thats more dead than ur love life

kash12

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
To be fair, when I think of lomcn, I don't think legend of mir blah blah blah, I just think those 5 letters, lomcn, means nothing to me and can't imagine new users will be fussed.

/Nymph

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
To be fair, when I think of lomcn, I don't think legend of mir blah blah blah, I just think those 5 letters, lomcn, means nothing to me and can't imagine new users will be fussed.

/Nymph

Well that was abit of a daft statement. as soon as you type in lomcn.co.uk the banner explains exactly wot every letter stands for.

I dont think the adding new games idea is brilliant either, at the end of the day your only going to attract loads of people who wouldnt be intrested in mir driving those that are else where...

A small community isnt that bad tbh, less admins required everyone knows each other and it genrally works pretty well regardless of what anyone says.

kash12

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Well that was abit of a daft statement. as soon as you type in lomcn.co.uk the banner explains exactly wot every letter stands for.

I dont think the adding new games idea is brilliant either, at the end of the day your only going to attract loads of people who wouldnt be intrested in mir driving those that are else where...

A small community isnt that bad tbh, less admins required everyone knows each other and it genrally works pretty well regardless of what anyone says.

How was it daft, I didn't say I didn't know what it meant, I said I think of it as lomcn not legend of mir community network and most newcomers will probably think of it in the same way, it's just a domain name.

/Nymph

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
Mir is still hanging in there just about imo, i dont really play anymore tho as it dont sem half as much fun as the 1.4 days etc,,,best times that will never be able to be brought back if ya ask me...

And about adding other game sections, maybe this is a good idea, but only for selected games which people know alot about an would be able to start there own server etc maybe??? because this is really a private server community, lets try keep it that way ;p

P.S. liking the new layout, thumbs up (Y)

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom

who in their right mind is going to setup another mir community ? (get set to fail).

lomcn is and always will be the private community hub. If nothing is done, lomcn will die and when lomcn dies, mir dies with it.

a small community isn't bad, its terrible. nobody to drive discussion thus people leave/move on.

like suggested:
  • add a new game or two, sort the mir section out (so many dead sections).
  • advertise lomcn as a private server community.
  • send out some mailing lists to all the members of lomcn about its changes
  • tell a friend.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
who in their right mind is going to setup another mir community ? (get set to fail).

lomcn is and always will be the private community hub. If nothing is done, lomcn will die and when lomcn dies, mir dies with it.

a small community isn't bad, its terrible. nobody to drive discussion thus people leave/move on.

like suggested:
  • tell a friend.

Completely agree tbh.

I've tried introducing Mir to friends but it's incredibly hard, I was considering suggesting to them to come to lomcn, but again what would be the point. However I have plenty of friends who would love to make, or play a new WoW or Aion server etc, and I'm sure after a while word spreads, and a bigger, better community is gained from it.

Mir's old. Seriously, this is a fact, get over it. I'd rather move forward with new games, than sit and watch lomcn die, and Mir die with it.

mapadale

So what if its called LOMcn? woool isnt mir, yet that has a section, and thats more dead than ur love life
You out of the loop their Bon, Woool is a direct copy of Legend of Mir. Did you not read about the law suits between Shanada and Wemade over the copy right content, so yes it does fit rather well with the LOM community.

How was it daft, I didn't say I didn't know what it meant, I said I think of it as lomcn not legend of mir community network and most newcomers will probably think of it in the same way, it's just a domain name./Nymph
You might not think about what the CN stands for, but you certainly know what the LOM is for when you get to this site and so does anyone else who comes, even if it is a noob to the site, they still know what LOM stands for.

kash12

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
You might not think about what the CN stands for, but you certainly know what the LOM is for when you get to this site and so does anyone else who comes, even if it is a noob to the site, they still know what LOM stands for.

You're missing the point, yes I know what lomcn stands for, but I don't think of it as legend of mir community network nor as legend of mir cn, I think of it purely as the 5 letters, lomcn. Someone who comes here to play a WoW private server isn't going to say omg its called LOMCN not WOWCN wtf I refuse to visit this forum.

/Nymph

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
All this forum needs now is a decent team working on some new files which will attract people to this place, All we have had for past 5 years is failed projects, Work and time wasted on projects which never get finished. Just to back this point up when TD released his files this forum was heaving, Also atleast 5 servers had a nice user base, these days were limited to FH if we want to play something worth playing because of its user base/features. This stands for mir3 aswell if there was newer files availible here alot more poeple would be intrested, You cant light a fire without a flame, Atleast not in this day and age.

Last edited:

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
All this forum needs now is a decent team working on some new files which will attract people to this place, All we have had for past 5 years is failed projects, Work and time wasted on projects which never get finished. Just to back this point up when TD released his files this forum was heaving, Also atleast 5 servers had a nice user base, these days were limited to FH if we want to play something worth playing because of its user base/features. This stands for mir3 aswell if there was newer files availible here alot more poeple would be intrested, You cant light a fire without a flame, Atleast not in this day and age.

Your never going to attract new people with MIR, a new set of files isnt going to do anything at all. Anyway what about Primal? thats a new set under development.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex

Tell Lifco & Skunk that, they seem to be attempting it.

• tell a friend.

Think this is best option :), just a big tidy up, making forum inviting, and having a few sections re-structured for ease of use, its ok saying "use search button" but still people cant get past badly named posts etc.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Your never going to attract new people with MIR, a new set of files isnt going to do anything at all. Anyway what about Primal? thats a new set under development.

It won't attract new people to mir, but it could attract old players and new people to LOMCN.

twisterdmk

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
USA
I tend to disagree with the some of the above comments, my daughter and brotherinlaw are young and very interested in Mir. Mir 3 mainly being as to what they're looking at as that is what I would play. Mir 3 is lacking due to the source codes not being used much and a year and a half after we-made has released the Assasin, Mir 3 Private servers has still not got one. We are an out-dated forum with old games, but correct me here, I am Old Skool so what what the hay. As far as attracting new members, it would be in the better interest of the forum to possibly look at this point. Keep LOM the main subject and build on it. We are floating not sinking :P

Last edited: