Lomcn - Moving forward together

smoochy boys on tour

Hazuki

VIP
VIP
Apr 14, 2004
United Kingdom
Hi peeps,

Since I'm back as admin (again) I'd like to get your thoughts on where you would like LOMCN to go? Personally I have never liked to idea of moving to other games, we are Legend of Mir, if you want other games visit RaGEZONE. That might shock some people, but why should LOMCN try to recreate something that has been done already?

Things we should concentrate on: (starting point)
  • Staff revamp
  • Sections cleanup
  • Maybe a new style (test)
  • Advertising
Ill add more as people post :).

Personal note: Yes I know this has been said before blah blah blah. Im not making any promises I just want your thoughts on where you want LOMCN to go.

Please discuss

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Re: Lomcn

Thread opened for discussion.

Please keep it clean, spam and flame free. I'm after your opinions of LOMCN, not what you think of each other or what you think of donations ect ect.

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
Re: Lomcn - Moving foward together

LOMCN needs more advertising
you can't get new people if they don't know about you :)

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
Re: Lomcn - Moving foward together

"Moving forward together" sounds desperate lol

Advertise the forum more, get more users, simple as that dont need to do that together you admins can do that. :) Problem solved

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom

Thread opened for discussion.

Please keep it clean, spam and flame free. I'm after your opinions of LOMCN, not what you think of each other or what you think of donations ect ect.

could you not clean the other topic up and merge it with this, its a bit silly for people to have to state their opinion twice, because the other topic has gone unnoticed.
thanks.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield

could you not clean the other topic up and merge it with this, its a bit silly for people to have to state their opinion twice, because the other topic has gone unnoticed.
thanks.

No.

That topic is littered with arguments more than it is positive suggestions, imo.

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Add facebook integration to the forums, best way to advertise is from friends of friends etc etc :P

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

the only augmentative post i see is prai's.

I was just about to say that...I don't see ANY other argumentative post there at all, we were discussing the situation that Hazuki asked us to discuss. It's times like these I wonder why we bother? It's so easy to merge the posts to this thread than have everyone repost them all over again. MAJOR face palm.

But hay, copy paste I go.

Tai said:
As it's already been said, at the end of the day Mir is a foreign game (and not even an easily translated one) and although the official game gets updates, and there is always new stuff (look at SDO), we can't use it. That's the problem. We're so far behind files-wise because there's no people or groups willing to code it all in for the sheer benefit of this community. It's all about making money from it, thus being selfish with the files and not releasing. It's clearly too big a job for just one person and any groups just get bored or give up for one reason or another, as we've seen before time and time again.

Frankly I can't ever see us getting another set of stable and up to date, quality files for the whole community to use. That's got to be the biggest problem LOMCN has now...because with no updates the game is just ageing fast.

Reactions: Hone

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
your problem is simple..

"legend of mir community network"... who plays mir anymore? may as well call yourself "stinky bum poo community".... try renaming sticking all of mir into one section not several.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
I think that's already taken...by you?

Then that would be really killing off Mir.

Killing of mir? it's already dead lol. There is no way you can make this forum any better sticking to mir, it's a old game, no one really wants to play it and 10-30 users per each server isnt very good is it.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
if it was me, id do as mental suggested slim down the mir section into one section, and start introducing new games. but.. there is no point putting it in one section if you have nothing else to bring to the forum.

facebook integration etc isnt going to help fight a losing battle, you've got to move with the times, or wait a few years till mir turns retro lol.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
I think integrating new games would be our best option. A good think through a re-brand and advertising would be a challenge everybody can get involved in.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
It's not dead, it's dying. I'm saying that would finish it off altogether. Unless we keep a whole lot of sub sections. Nor am I saying we should only stick to Mir, But we should still keep it as the number 1 place for it.

IF we were to do that, what other games would you suggest? My problems there are this:

1. There are already other forums for this, i.e. RZ plus numerous others. Why would people start coming here instead? We're all a bunch of old tossers...

2. The vast majority of this community only really have a in-depth knowledge about this one game. How many people could honestly take a random new game and set up a decent server? Or even want to?

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
ill advertise lomcn on rz at reduced cost if admin team wants , i got a header rotational slot available and some sections sponsors too but I would only advice advertising in the event of name changing and so forth.

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Well tbh i haven't played mir in over a year at a guess nor do i intend to (may have logged on a server for an hour or so thats about it, i enjoy the forums more than playing... mir will slowly die and the forums will with it being a mir forum but it would never die altogether it will always have us faithfull users that will never leave :P there aint really much anyone can do to revive mir or the forums.

facebook integration etc isnt going to help fight a losing battle, you've got to move with the times, or wait a few years till mir turns retro lol.

Maybe so but most vb forums these days are using it and i don't see any harm, but as you say fighting a losing battle with mir, but even introducing other games aint gonna help the forums or revive them one bit due to the better options out there, and theirs many better forums for other mmorpgs which lomcn could never compete with.

Last edited:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I heard someone say the other day that if LOMCN were to close tomorrow, in a weeks time no one would care! WELL I WOULD! I cry at the mere thought...

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
even though I aint needed to check lomcn in like 2 years I still do because i like to post, so I guess I would miss it.