Lomcn - Moving forward together

Join Discord

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Has there been a recent update on the Primal project though? I personally have not seen nothing happening with it in a long time, to me it seems like another project which has failed no affense to adam that was working on it as he put in quite abit of effort. Atleast pass the source to someone trust worthy to work on.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
I think the main problem with projects is you post once, and people expect you to carry on, then all you get is constant nagging, idea's, and criticism for not posting. I get this abit with maps.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
I tend to disagree with the some of the above comments, my daughter and brotherinlaw are young and very interested in Mir. Mir 3 mainly being as to what they're looking at as that is what I would play. Mir 3 is lacking due to the source codes not being used much and a year and a half after we-made has released the Assasin, Mir 3 Private servers has still not got one. We are an out-dated forum with old games, but correct me here, I am Old Skool so what what the hay. As far as attracting new members, it would be in the better interest of the forum to possibly look at this point. Keep LOM the main subject and build on it. We are floating not sinking :P

i (as have many) have been here pretty much since the start, and id say we are sinking like a tonne of bricks. over the years the user count of mir has dropped drastically, while there used to be too many servers to shake a stick at with 50-100+ players each, now there is only a handful of servers fighting over 100-200 players. we thought the euro mir crash would of helped us, but it didn't people just moved onto other mmorpgs (dont expect anything from a gamepot crash either) and because the community is in such a sorry state most people don't see any point in putting effort into their servers, because the odds are its not going to keep enough players to keep it running.

New server files aren't going to change this, but hey lets pin all our hopes on 1 guy till he burns himself out and it doesn't get completed again.. that seems to be the lomcn way of doing things.
Even if you got a mir3 source updated the files etc, it still wouldn't make any difference, mir3 has always been the underdog to mir2.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
It won't attract new people to mir, but it could attract old players and new people to LOMCN.

Don't quite understand that tbh. New files could attract new people to Lomcn, but they wont attract people to MIR? So if someone was reading about a new set of files for Mir and they never even heard or even like the game they would still come here? What reason would they have to come here if they was never intrested in the set of files they heard of in the first place?.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Don't quite understand that tbh. New files could attract new people to Lomcn, but they wont attract people to MIR? So if someone was reading about a new set of files for Mir and they never even heard or even like the game they would still come here? What reason would they have to come here if they was never intrested in the set of files they heard of in the first place?.

Who mentioned people who have never heard of mir?

I'm talking about mir players that are not currently signed up to LOMCN - Understand?

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Who mentioned people who have never heard of mir?

I'm talking about mir players that are not currently signed up to LOMCN - Understand?

So you must mean official Mir, because correct me if am wrong the only known private server mir community is this lomcn, and someone correct me if am wrong, about 95% of those know about Lomcn but are just not intrested and why would they be? Gameshop people use in there servers are worse then the official.

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
the general opinion seems to say that lomcn will die without a new angle.. mir just isnt cutting it anymore.
Lets face it, a new set of public files would help...it could hold the community or boost it maybe? but not for very long... its seriously getting outdated now. I'm in favour of WoW for a starting point. I'm sure the files wouldnt be hard to obtain because of the amount of servers floating about. Droiyan and Aion, ive never actually played, but im sure id love to try them out! :) the community has the mind power, we just need the ambition and time to see it through to be honest

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Why don't you just do what Ragezone dose, host servers, like Lomcn Wow, Lomcn Aion etc.. i mean would have to find the people who are willing to do this but your giving them a community forum and possibly a new forum title e.g WoW GM, Aion GM. So instead of advertising that lomcn has introduced new games, you can advertise Lomcn servers.

Thats what i would do anyway, then you can work your way up, people would be intrested in having there server apart of Lomcn.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I've always liked the idea of a LOMCN server but admins were always too chicken and frightened of it giving LOMCN bad press if the server were to go down or whatever...i.e. if it's not reliable then it doesn't make the forum look good.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
So you must mean official Mir, because correct me if am wrong the only known private server mir community is this lomcn, and someone correct me if am wrong, about 95% of those know about Lomcn but are just not intrested and why would they be? Gameshop people use in there servers are worse then the official.

You'd be amazed at the amount of people I've come across on some servers in the past 6 month that have not heard of LOMCN.

They had all been Euro players or introduced to the said servers by friends ect.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
I've always liked the idea of a LOMCN server but admins were always too chicken and frightened of it giving LOMCN bad press if the server were to go down or whatever...i.e. if it's not reliable then it doesn't make the forum look good.
i would agree that lomcn servers would be nice, but in the past it has never worked out. and with new games im not sure any of the staff here would be interested or bothered in making a new server together, which would mean you would need to ask an outsider to do all the work, then wack a lomcn name on it, and expect to relinquish all control from said person, which isn't exactly fair.

You'd be amazed at the amount of people I've come across on some servers in the past 6 month that have not heard of LOMCN.

They had all been Euro players or introduced to the said servers by friends ect.

maybe so, lomcn should of been all over the euro forums when it was closing, and the big difference here is euro was p2p, gamepot is free and offers much more in terms of features / stability than any of the current mir servers we have.
why would you come from a stable safe environment to here, where servers force huge fee's upon players for items which completely unbalance servers, and servers which close within a month.

its a losing battle for lomcn, no matter how crappy the gms/staff are on gamepot it will still be 100x more professional than any of the servers advertised here.

i suggest you accept it and move forward.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
LOMCN has always said we do not host a server or host any files, this is why we don't have a server.

If I was to change this, I would need to speak to the people who pay for the hosting as it's their descision to change.

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
Well the fact is your trying, and as long as there is progression no one can complain :)

mapadale

LOMCN has always said we do not host a server or host any files, this is why we don't have a server.

If I was to change this, I would need to speak to the people who pay for the hosting as it's their descision to change.
If I remember rightly back in the day, it was decided that lomcn as a resource site wouldn't host any servers or host files, but would only give advice on the files and help were needed. This was to stop wemade from taking any such legal action against lomcn.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
If I remember rightly back in the day, it was decided that lomcn as a resource site wouldn't host any servers or host files, but would only give advice on the files and help were needed. This was to stop wemade from taking any such legal action against lomcn.

Yes, that's correct.

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
I dunno if anyone has even considered this, but how about a lomcn facebook group? Get everyone who is a member of lomcn to join, pass out invites to friends/family etc, that way the forum gets free advertising on a huge community site. Ok the forum will need some work done to possibly attract people, but imo it could help bring people here. Mir is far from dead. New people play mir less and less, but maybe thats because there is not enough advertising for it. Advertising the forums is just one of the ways to get the usercount up again, the next step would be keeping people here.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Doubt it would, I for sure never use the e-mail I used to register with LOMCN... 7 years ago.